Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Juniaer K45TP Tucano from Brazil?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Juniaer K45TP Tucano from Brazil?

Old 12-21-2020, 12:55 AM
  #101  
Didier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hoofddorp, NETHERLANDS
Posts: 542
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

It is all over the news about the new mutated virus in the UK. It is really terrible. 😥

So the damage was on top of the wingskin? Basically the retract “went through” the wing? Do you have picture before the repair so we can learn from it? Your repair seems a really good job! 💪
Old 12-21-2020, 03:18 AM
  #102  
Neil Guildford
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Guildford, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 555
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default






A few photos taken before I started the repair.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:38 PM
  #103  
Didier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hoofddorp, NETHERLANDS
Posts: 542
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Aha. I see now what happened. The actuator/cylinder hits the upper skin. Nasty repair but you did a good job repairing it.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:51 PM
  #104  
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)
 
PaulD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coquitlam, B.C., CANADA
Posts: 1,442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I’ve heard rumours that Juniaer is coming out with a larger version of the Tucano. I lost my CARF Tucano a couple years ago but still have the TP and gear for it so hoping they release one soon or I’m going to have to order another CARF.😁

PaulD
Old 12-24-2020, 09:07 AM
  #105  
DUCMOZ
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: , WA
Posts: 758
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Hi Paul, you are correct but it is down the road. I have checked with them and it is not on the final stages of build yet. As I had mentioned, I think you would love the current one even more as we think it is perfect size for handling and the performance is way above our larger turbo props.

Behzad
Old 12-25-2020, 11:12 AM
  #106  
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)
 
PaulD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coquitlam, B.C., CANADA
Posts: 1,442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ View Post
Hi Paul, you are correct but it is down the road. I have checked with them and it is not on the final stages of build yet. As I had mentioned, I think you would love the current one even more as we think it is perfect size for handling and the performance is way above our larger turbo props.

Behzad
So I should stick my K60 in one then. 😁

paulD
Old 12-26-2020, 09:59 AM
  #107  
DUCMOZ
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: , WA
Posts: 758
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Paul, There is always someone that would buy the K60 so you can get a nice and shiny K45 for your new Tucano.

behzad
Old 01-15-2021, 09:38 AM
  #108  
Juniaer Modelismo
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Good afternoon Paul! We are in the final phase of the project, we intend to test the prototype in the first quarter of this year and launch by mid-year.
A-29 Super Tucano
Wingspan: 2.80 m
Length: 2.65 m
Engine: 85 / 100CC - K60TP
The following 2 users liked this post by Juniaer Modelismo:
Didier (01-15-2021), Neil Guildford (01-15-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 01:22 PM
  #109  
Didier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hoofddorp, NETHERLANDS
Posts: 542
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Almost finished.



The following users liked this post:
Aquilon (01-15-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 01:31 PM
  #110  
Neil Guildford
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Guildford, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 555
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Looking good!

I have discovered that one of my main retract oleos was accidentally supplied with the wrong spring which was causing it to bottom out easily. It’s worth checking you are happy with their function. There is a screw to increase the torsion as well.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:23 AM
  #111  
Aquilon
 
Aquilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toulouse, FRANCE
Posts: 91
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Looking good Didier !

What's about AUW in flying conditions (dry tank, UAT full) ?

Stéphane
Old 01-16-2021, 10:17 AM
  #112  
Didier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hoofddorp, NETHERLANDS
Posts: 542
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Neil Guildford View Post
Looking good!

I have discovered that one of my main retract oleos was accidentally supplied with the wrong spring which was causing it to bottom out easily. It’s worth checking you are happy with their function. There is a screw to increase the torsion as well.
Oh really? I find the springs on the soft side as well and not to much travel. I am gonna check that screw. Anyway, I reinforce the area with carbon clothe like you did.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:21 AM
  #113  
Didier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hoofddorp, NETHERLANDS
Posts: 542
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Aquilon View Post
Looking good Didier !

What's about AUW in flying conditions (dry tank, UAT full) ?

Stéphane
Thanks.
The weight is now with a full UAT and battery’s 11.8 kg. I use light servo’s and carbon tubes. Also my CG is spot on 13 cm without any lead required. Smoke tank already installed but no smokepump yet.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:15 PM
  #114  
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)
 
PaulD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coquitlam, B.C., CANADA
Posts: 1,442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Juniaer Modelismo View Post
Good afternoon Paul! We are in the final phase of the project, we intend to test the prototype in the first quarter of this year and launch by mid-year.
A-29 Super Tucano
Wingspan: 2.80 m
Length: 2.65 m
Engine: 85 / 100CC - K60TP
I am waiting..... 😁😎

PaulD
Old 01-21-2021, 11:58 AM
  #115  
DUCMOZ
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: , WA
Posts: 758
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Hi All, do you really think a K60 Or JetCat SPT5 would be enough power for 2.8M wing Span Tucano. From my SPT5 V3 Marchetti, I really doubt that a 60 size Turbo Prop would be enough.

Behzad
Old 01-21-2021, 01:59 PM
  #116  
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)
 
DrScoles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sammamish, WA,
Posts: 2,375
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Neil, do you have the KT45 in yours? The one tank has been fine for me. I get 6 minutes easy. And you gotta have smoke in the other one :-)

Where did you get the 5-bladed prop?? Looks awesome.

Not sure if I posted this here... here's a video of mine.. great flyer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-m5...ature=youtu.be
The following users liked this post:
Didier (01-21-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 08:25 AM
  #117  
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona / Colorado
Posts: 4,914
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Is the factory gear dependable?? i like the electron conversion with the factory struts. Do the factory wheels have brakes??
Thx Vin

Last edited by Vincent; 01-22-2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:55 PM
  #118  
Didier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hoofddorp, NETHERLANDS
Posts: 542
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Is the factory gear dependable?? i like the electron conversion with the factory struts. Do the factory wheels have brakes??
Thx Vin
The factory wheels have pneumatic brakes. I did not like that as I have electron retracts. So I modify the brakes to make them electric
Old 01-22-2021, 03:04 PM
  #119  
Didier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hoofddorp, NETHERLANDS
Posts: 542
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Landing gear operation by Digitech CRU.

The following users liked this post:
Neil Guildford (01-24-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 07:04 AM
  #120  
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona / Colorado
Posts: 4,914
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Didier View Post
The factory wheels have pneumatic brakes. I did not like that as I have electron retracts. So I modify the brakes to make them electric
I am a big fan of electron elec gear too. Did you make an adaptor for the nose strut (8m-10mm) and how do the mains connect to the electron gear?? thx
Old 01-23-2021, 09:05 AM
  #121  
Didier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hoofddorp, NETHERLANDS
Posts: 542
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I am a big fan of electron elec gear too. Did you make an adaptor for the nose strut (8m-10mm) and how do the mains connect to the electron gear?? thx
Yes. I made a bushing 8-10 mm for the front retract. The front retract is 100 degrees travel.
The Trunion pin of the original main gear struts is 13mm. So I bought the ER40evo 13mm retract with 85 degrees travel.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:27 AM
  #122  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,560
Received 69 Likes on 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Didier View Post
Yes. I made a bushing 8-10 mm for the front retract. The front retract is 100 degrees travel.
The Trunion pin of the original main gear struts is 13mm. So I bought the ER40evo 13mm retract with 85 degrees travel.
‘Electron Has trunnions available in both 8 and 10mm swapping them is very easy....no need to make anything...
Old 01-23-2021, 10:31 AM
  #123  
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona / Colorado
Posts: 4,914
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

I see on the electron website they offer a 13mm pin so the factory struts should go right on.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:17 PM
  #124  
Didier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hoofddorp, NETHERLANDS
Posts: 542
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
‘Electron Has trunnions available in both 8 and 10mm swapping them is very easy....no need to make anything...
The original strut is 13mm on mains, so the 13mm Trunion from electron fits perfect.

Due to the steering mechanism from electron, the Trunion for the nosewheel steering is 6 or 8 mm. The size for the connecting pin nose strut is 10mm. So I made a bushing outside 10 mm, inside 8 mm, so I could use the 8mm steering Trunion. I hope it make sense now.







Last edited by Didier; 01-23-2021 at 01:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dansy (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 02:29 AM
  #125  
Aquilon
 
Aquilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toulouse, FRANCE
Posts: 91
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Didier,

What size is your 3 blades' propeller ? 20x14 ? And what's about ground clearance ?

I assume diameter 22 is too much.. You confirm ?

I need to select the prop for my Wren44TP...

Thanks.

Stéphane

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.