Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Comparison Time

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Comparison Time

Old 12-19-2019, 10:07 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
like spektrum? I agree. Although integrated telemetry and 1/2oz gyro capability, fully programmable through the transmitter is pretty cool.
I REALLY like my Jeti with all the programmable devices through the transmitter. I will be trying the Digitech CRU and CTU devices in the near future. I really like being able to set things up through the TX, if I need to check or adjust settings itís all right there all I have to do is turn the plane on. The telemetry is awesome, if you are a DIY kinda guy you can build almost if not all the sensors by following the RC-Thoughts website. The Lua apps are cool, they frequently release new firmware with not only bug fixes but new features as well. Thereís a lot to like! I compare my now old DS-16 to my buddies DX-20 and thereís just no comparison at all. Two completely different worlds not only in programming power but in build quality as well. I am interested in the comparison between the DS24 and the CORE radio in this thread. I was looking at DS24ís tonight because I want the additional features and capability over the 16. I didnít even mention the selection of receivers available with Jeti, that was mainly what steered me away from Futaba. They are infinitely configurable (basically) which really opens up the possibilities of what you can do. (Pretty much anything you can think of).

Last edited by camss69; 12-19-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:38 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You can use the expander, you can daisy chain the 9 channels, you can activate the port on the 9 channel to be a 10th channel. There are lots of options.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:03 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
I REALLY like my Jeti with all the programmable devices through the transmitter. I will be trying the Digitech CRU and CTU devices in the near future. I really like being able to set things up through the TX, if I need to check or adjust settings itís all right there all I have to do is turn the plane on. The telemetry is awesome, if you are a DIY kinda guy you can build almost if not all the sensors by following the RC-Thoughts website. The Lua apps are cool, they frequently release new firmware with not only bug fixes but new features as well. Thereís a lot to like! I compare my now old DS-16 to my buddies DX-20 and thereís just no comparison at all. Two completely different worlds not only in programming power but in build quality as well. I am interested in the comparison between the DS24 and the CORE radio in this thread. I was looking at DS24ís tonight because I want the additional features and capability over the 16. I didnít even mention the selection of receivers available with Jeti, that was mainly what steered me away from Futaba. They are infinitely configurable (basically) which really opens up the possibilities of what you can do. (Pretty much anything you can think of).
Definitely no comparison to the dx20, that's like ancient tech these days! I'm thinking more, the ix20.
But really, Jeti and PB, have raised the bar it seems. Nice to know Jeti had TX adjustable gyro settings.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:56 AM
dos007
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bodywerks I didn’t like my ix12, that is why I compared the two to the DX20 which I have been using. I have no desire to own an ix20. While I am including the DX20 in the comparison it is really me trying to decide if I move my jets to the Core or the Jeti.

update:

Telemetry - all of you know that Jeti is way out in front on this one. Also it looks like core will come out with some new telemetry devices. For now edge goes to Jeti.

Tx Battery - I like the redundancy of the Core having two batteries in the transmitter.

if the weather would cooperate I hope to get some flights on the Core.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:51 AM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
Definitely no comparison to the dx20, that's like ancient tech these days! I'm thinking more, the ix20.
But really, Jeti and PB, have raised the bar it seems. Nice to know Jeti hasTX adjustable gyro settings.

Old 01-12-2020, 06:33 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Good thread and thanks for it. I've been struggling with the decision of a top flight radio for high value projects and it sure looks like PB for the win. I've been talking with others and a bit of handling and forum searching. I like the ergonomics and outstanding quality of the PB and its programming flexibility, its programming reminds me of my old Multiplex. It is comfy and able to handle the most complicated set ups. I'm losing interest in Spectrum for big projects. I've flown the Jeti and it's just not for me. It boils down to I can't find anything I dislike about the PB except the price. And that is the one thing I will forget about the fastest of any consideration once in use, and hopefully many years from now.
FWIW, I'm too old to go back to programming Futaba's, the Mikado is awesome for my heli's but I don't think they will ever commit to complex aircraft in a major way (no trims!) , Frsky is great for quads and programming but ah, no, JR is my favorite of all time and I love my 11X's but I'm too nervous to buy back in at this point, DX18 has served me well but I hate the way Spectrum stuff wears out and gets changed up and or out daily, and Jeti just felt wrong to me (wrong trims!).
Plus while I need/want the redundant Rx, battery, telemetry, and display features of a modern high end radio and compatible on board electronics I can still buy inexpensive PB Rx for simple sport aircraft.
As always, your results may vary. I guess I'm lucky to be able to make a choice without factoring in cost too much. But I've always been amazed at how reasonable transmitters are considering how much we get out of them.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:31 PM
dos007

I will update this in a few days. I have been installing both into some gas warbirds, then onto jets.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:44 PM
Ragz

A friend had a ditex servo burn out on his jet on the ground. It immediately showed up on his ds24. The message read "one shorted connector" or something. Does the Core have such a feature yet? I already have my core radio and haven't come across such a feature, unless I'm missing something.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:49 AM
dos007

Time for an update as I have tried these radios in edf, gas 3D, and gas warbirds.

Gimbals/sticks- I didn’t like the feel of the Core throttle but I did find a way to improve it. I still like the feel of the Jeti gimbals better than the Core. I am sure this is personal preference but it bugs me.

Programing - Core is so easy. I still struggle with the Jeti programming.

I uploaded the voice files for Core but I have not figured out their use on the items I want reports. I.e. speed,timer, flight mode, etc...

Trim buttons - I am starting to get use to the Jeti, prefer Spectrum, but this is not a deal breaker with either radio.

Rx, Gyros, power supplies - they are all good, but I find Jeti a bit more complex. I don’t care for the REX Rx so I will stick with Cortex or igryo.

Screens - no issue either way. All are good. My Kraft radios didn’t even have screens😂

Turning radio on - love the way Jeti boots. I wish Core was quicker.

We are so fortunate to have several quality radios to choose from. They all are great radios compared to what we had just a few years ago. I am sure the new Spectrum is great as well.

My next step is to try both in a turbine jet. I am going to ask for help from a friend to set up my jet with the Jeti. I will continue to try to figure out the Core voice situation and maybe try different length sticks or something.

As of now if I could only have one radio I would probably choose the Core, but I don’t so that is a good thing.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:10 AM
gapellegrini

using Jeti accelerometer you dont have to look at radio at all. I set mine to tilt right radio says flight time and tilt up fuel remaining based on telemetry data. You may setup these on switches also

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere View Post
Have you taken your Jeti out into a bright day?

The 9ch Rx will do 10 channels. I would guess a PowerExpander 15-18ch and PB Rx would be smaller and lighter than the Powersafe Rxís Iíve seen.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:12 AM
gapellegrini

People is forgetting about the 900 backup. I bought my radio planning to have it for next 10 years.

If 2.4 pollution on next 5-10 years increase the same rate it happened last 5-10 years will dual 2.4 be enough?
Old 02-09-2020, 02:22 PM
dos007

I plan to try the 900 backup and the accelerometer on my jet. That’s why I am having someone help me with the programming.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:20 PM
ZB

The Jeti Central Box 220 with current overload protection provides complete power management of your servos in a case of failure or emergency. In a case of an accident, Jeti CB220 cuts off power to the damaged servo and prevents the system from overloading or the receiver battery from over-discharging. Ditex digital telemetry servos provide unparalleled real time telemetry and full Jeti system integration.

Another awesome off-the-shelf plug in solution that significantly enhances the safety of your model.

We posted short video on our facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/espritmodel/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ditex-Protection-3-2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	330.3 KB
ID:	2266252

Name:	Ditex-Protection-4-2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	372.2 KB
ID:	2266253

Last edited by ZB; 02-09-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:31 PM
bodywerks

Are there any Jeti or PB Core users here that DO NOT use a strap and also fly thumbs only(not pinch)? If so how is the feel?
Old 02-09-2020, 07:36 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are there any Jeti or PB Core users here that DO NOT use a strap and also fly thumbs only(not pinch)? If so how is the feel?
I donít use a strap, but I fly mostly pinch, but use thumbs only during parts of the flight, the feel is great to me. Do you know about the test drive program Esprit has? Try before you buy...

https://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-ds-...est-drive.aspx
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (02-09-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 09:30 PM
bodywerks

I'm going to the Coachella jet jam. Hoping someone will let me fondle theirs
Old 02-09-2020, 10:27 PM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do. I had Jeti and now a PowerBox. The ergonomics of the PowerBox is very close to perfect for me. Only complaint on PowerBox for me is itís to light. I actually liked the heft / weight of Jeti.
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (02-09-2020)
Old 02-10-2020, 03:36 AM
dos007

I fly thumbs only and no strap. I too like the feel and weight of the Jeti. I feel like the gimbals of the Core are more suitable for pinch flyers. I am going to try different stick lengths and see if that helps. I may also try a strap this weekend.

The perfect radio would be the weight and telemetry of Jeti the program of the Core, and the trim buttons of the Spectrum!
Old 02-10-2020, 04:08 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I fly Core w/o a neck strap and it feels fine.

The size and shape of your hands has a lot to do with that though.

I like the spacing of the top switches and where the sliders fall especially.

I've flown a LOT of radios doing reviews and helping people and the 2 I like the feel of most are the DX20 and the Core
Old 02-10-2020, 03:35 PM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
I fly Core w/o a neck strap and it feels fine.

The size and shape of your hands has a lot to do with that though.

I like the spacing of the top switches and where the sliders fall especially.

I've flown a LOT of radios doing reviews and helping people and the 2 I like the feel of most are the DX20 and the Core
True. I have larger hands, but not extra large. My ultimate best feeling transmitter was the JR9103, then I got used to the 12x and didn't hate it, and I 'like' the dx18, not sure I love it.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:30 AM
ZB

Using Ditex digital telemetry servos and a fully integrated Jeti system, you can easily customize any threshold alarms and easily protect your equipment.

VIDEO: https://blog.espritmodel.com/customi...-servo-alarms/

Name:	Servo-Alarm-1-2-3.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	2266264

Name:	Servo-Alarm-1-2-2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	2266265