Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Atj 190 sv

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Atj 190 sv

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 07:50 PM
drorso

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Atj 190 sv

Anyone has experience with this turbine?

As a follow up with the issues I had with the old ATJ 170; i was offered to upgrade to the new 190.

Thanks, dror.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:17 AM
hotspot 01

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My 190 sv flawless comes to mind the first 25 hours of running no issues got the bearings changed and it continues to run without problems total time now 40 hours nearly 300 flights in a ultraflash.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:56 PM
Si_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 190 has been fine so far, wish I could say the same about my 140. Went bang after after 8 hours, waited 5 months to get it back plus £200 repair bill even though it was less than 6 months old. Ran 5 times badly after getting it back (lots of failed starts, flames etc) before 6th time when it caused a fire. Been sent back over 4 months, doesn’t respond to emails, no idea if I’m ever getting it back.

If you are getting it free I’d go for it. The turbines look great but the service is the worst I’ve ever experienced in the hobby. If you are paying for the upgrade, personally I’d put the money towards something else.

I genuinely don’t feel that I will ever get my turbine back. I will run the 190 till it fails, then I’ll buy something else. Such a shame as they were a great price, but with little to no customer service it’s just not worth the risk.

Simon
Old 12-24-2019, 03:12 PM
hotspot 01

I’ve not had many problems in that department think six weeks would be the most but 17 days was transit time others have had to wait. Think the 140 probably has an issue that he was onto but to the detriment to the company. He does work away Atj is a second job and in that respect he can’t compete with the big boys only in cost.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:28 PM
Si_B

An excuse of working away and a second job doesn’t cut it for me to be honest. Having paid out nearly £2000 for a turbine which in the past two years I have had in my possession for less than 8 months sound fair to you?

The big boys got that way by providing a service, I’ve seen all makes go wrong, it’s how you deal with the problems that is most important. If he advertised on his website that he only works part time on model turbines and that you’d be lucky to get a response when he has the time, I’d doubt he’d have sold any turbines.

I’ve pretty much resigned myself to the fact I will probably never see my turbine again. In 40 years of modelling I don’t think I’ve ever had such a bad experience. Like I said, he had a good product, a few people on here spoke highly of how good they were (the newer versions) and I took a chance. I’m glad you haven’t had any problems. I’ve never posted before about my issues, but I think it’s important that people know the level of service you can expect.

Simon
Old 12-24-2019, 04:59 PM
hotspot 01

I think with the lack of response to problems and not being active on social media for the last 12 months is probably a good indicator that things aren’t right.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:33 PM
Si_B

Originally Posted by hotspot 01
I think with the lack of response to problems and not being active on social media for the last 12 months is probably a good indicator that things aren’t right.
Yep, I think you are right there.

Simon