Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Swiwin Turbines

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Swiwin Turbines

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 03:49 AM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to know that Jeti gives problems as well with throttle recognition.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:06 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by powerjets
Good to know that Jeti gives problems as well with throttle recognition.
I think the problem is with the ecu, not the Jeti..
The following users liked this post:
uncleTom (05-15-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 03:39 PM
CRX Turbines

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a pretty well known compatibility issue. Jeti talks to Jeti fine on auto but running the TX on auto with Swiwin ECUs can and probably will cause throttle issues, i.e., no throttle response. Setting the TX output timing to 11ms or greater clears up the issue. If you have questions, perhaps give James at Esprit a call. He is the one that helped to figure this out.

Originally Posted by Ceeray
I think the problem is with the ecu, not the Jeti..

Last edited by CRX Turbines; 05-15-2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:02 PM
griffinscale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post how necessary is a UAT?

I just got my first turbine jet engine (SW120B) and I'm still just learning. I'm pretty excited to test run the engine but I'm missing an air trap UAT tank. So I know that the SWIWIN pump has a fail safe against air bubbles but the manual setup still includes a UAT. So how necessary is a UAT for this engine. Also can I get away with creating a homemade UAT or should I buy a properly made one?
Old 05-23-2021, 01:35 PM
CRX Turbines

HI Griffin,

I'm sure others can better attest to what brand of UAT works well but you absolutely have to use a UAT, unless you are just bench testing an engine. Yes the pump for the 120 configuration is plumbed so it breaks up any air bubbles as opposed to the 160 and up but you have to have a UAT. This is absolutely paramount. I would not make one yourself. You can ask around as to which brand. I know that BVM has always been noted for quality. Jet Model Products had some for a while as well.

If you have any questiones feel free to call. We are more than happy to help you.

Andy

Originally Posted by griffinscale
I just got my first turbine jet engine (SW120B) and I'm still just learning. I'm pretty excited to test run the engine but I'm missing an air trap UAT tank. So I know that the SWIWIN pump has a fail safe against air bubbles but the manual setup still includes a UAT. So how necessary is a UAT for this engine. Also can I get away with creating a homemade UAT or should I buy a properly made one?
griffinscale (05-23-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 09:08 PM
griffinscale

Thanks for the information.
Unfortunately I'm located in Canada so there would be a lot of shipping costs purchasing from BVM. Do you know any Canadian stores that I can buy jet engine related products?
Old 05-23-2021, 09:33 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Unfortunately I'm located in Canada so there would be a lot of shipping costs purchasing from BVM. Do you know any Canadian stores that I can buy jet engine related products?
Oh man, not to step on Andy's toes, but don't you know how to use Google?

Next; Turbine powered models are NOT inexpensive, you cannot do this on budget. You need to get your priorities straightened out or this will be an ugly journey.

Sorry if that hits hard, but that's just the way it is......
CRX Turbines (05-24-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 09:52 PM
T_CAT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

MAP makes quality UAT’s. They are located in Canada, so that should also help.

https://www.modelaviationproducts.co...-accessories/6
Old 05-24-2021, 04:49 AM
p-40lover

you can order uat's for Model Aviation Products or from thunderboltrc..these won't be bvm but similar products as well thunderbolt sells another style..
Old 05-24-2021, 04:52 AM
powerjets

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MAP is great, highly recommend
Old 05-24-2021, 07:27 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Thunderbolt RC and MAP Air traps are all you need.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:57 AM
Skunkwrks

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Griffin scale https://www.modelaviationproducts.co...-accessories/6 here's the site , located in Manitoba and are very quick with shipping
Old 05-24-2021, 12:51 PM
griffinscale

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Oh man, not to step on Andy's toes, but don't you know how to use Google?

Next; Turbine powered models are NOT inexpensive, you cannot do this on budget. You need to get your priorities straightened out or this will be an ugly journey.

Sorry if that hits hard, but that's just the way it is......
I do know how to use google however its still quite difficult to find stores located in Canada, Google has mostly shown locations in the states. And I understand it will be expensive but I am also running on a time budget so I prefer not paying $50 for express shipping every time.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:08 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I do know how to use google however its still quite difficult to find stores located in Canada, Google has mostly shown locations in the states. And I understand it will be expensive but I am also running on a time budget so I prefer not paying $50 for express shipping every time.
Well forget that idea, if you want to buy from a Canadian store……not many and the one that do have quite a mark up (no BVM but Skymaster) as for the parts there no store that I know across Canada and I live in many place when I was working that carry lot of jet stuff…..but normal hobby shop has quite a lot that we can use in our Jets.

If your close to the border when ever it open again, find a package place on the USA side and get your stuff ship there….go pickup those up once in a while…that’s what we do out east in ontario…..at the moment we still ship stuff and planes to the border but need a broker…transport ect so cheap it ain’t, but got to feed the addiction…turbine I get them shipped right to the house…free with kingtech.

I don’t buy much in Canada, not many store were I live, and their exchange rate is higher then I pay, and that’s make the jets or plane cost at least 40% more and on top the 13% after conversion, so they can charge us even more not complaint just facts.

Oh I forgot….the reason we ship planes to the border…let say I paid $800 usd to ship the havoc SS to the border, the same planes to my house would have been over $1500 usd, on top of that Broker fees 10%, advancement fees 5%, taxes 13% and duties 3-8% from any and all courrier…(shouldn’t be any duties since model plane for CBSA is consider toys )

Last edited by Dansy; 05-24-2021 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:23 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Dansy taught me about the issues with shipping model airplanes across the border from the USA to Canada. I sold him some F3A stuff a few years back and didn't understand the idea of shipping them to someone else on the Northern USA border.

He told me how it worked and I compared some shipping costs one way and the other "ship to his door" prices, it was astounding. I'd shipped some stuff off eBay to Canada and it was just a joke when Canadian Customs got ahold of anything. The part that really got me was the duty charges on used equipment besides the fact that they tie stuff up for weeks for no apparent reason.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:17 AM
jcterrettaz

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Many year ago the UPS store in Ogdensburg (NY() was minuscule ...many years later its almost the size of the Wall Mart very convenient for Canadian
80 miles from where I live to the border ...
hopefully the border will open again soon ..
Old 05-27-2021, 07:20 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz
Many year ago the UPS store in Ogdensburg (NY() was minuscule ...many years later its almost the size of the Wall Mart very convenient for Canadian
80 miles from where I live to the border ...
hopefully the border will open again soon ..
If by soon you mean around September y’a I agree….I used a pop place versus the UPS more friendly….KINEK….

I think in Ogdensburg there’s like 5 or 6 places…
Old 05-27-2021, 03:18 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

We'll all be doing the % here, % there, % over there, % over herr, % for this, % for that, if we Americans don't wise up. Look at our fuel and gas prices already.
Twin-B0 (03-04-2023)
Old 10-04-2021, 05:35 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Is anyone using the Digitech CTU with the Swiwin ECU and Jeti radio for turbine telemetry and fuel remaining telemetry. I've seen that the CTU says it supports Swiwin but can not find anyone that has actually used the CTU with Swiwin turbines.
Thanks,
Gary
Old 10-05-2021, 01:43 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Is anyone using the Digitech CTU with the Swiwin ECU and Jeti radio for turbine telemetry and fuel remaining telemetry. I've seen that the CTU says it supports Swiwin but can not find anyone that has actually used the CTU with Swiwin turbines.
Thanks,
Gary
A friend has a F-14 twin with the CTU 190 Swinwin, telemetry does work…..The only issue he wasn’t able to get the Lua apps to work, I try helping via messenger, but the only time I saw him was at the event that he maiden that jet, so I really didn’t want to mess around the jet….

I setup a twin to see LAU work on the bench to show him it was pretty easy….but that was with KingTech….you need to set one motor in my case it was the left side and define that one as Master (in the apps) then setup the second one as slave1….you can have up to 4 motors…..of course one ctu per motor.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:41 AM
Viper1GJ

I've no been told it will work but it has to have a special ERNI cable. Trying to figure that out now.
Thanks
Old 10-05-2021, 09:58 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

I've no been told it will work but it has to have a special ERNI cable. Trying to figure that out now.
Thanks
This?
https://www.aeropanda.com/products/d...ctu-erni-cable
Old 10-05-2021, 10:31 AM
Dansy

Thanks
Look at post 84

Eric R’s SkyMaster F14 - Loaded to the Hilt!!! - Page 9
Viper1GJ (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 02:40 PM
Viper1GJ

Thanks to everyone that vectored me to this info. I got help here on RCU and from the FB groups.

I'm reposting the photos here for how to make the special ERNI cable mod to connect the Digitech CTU to the Swiwin ECU. It looks pretty simple with this info. Just need to get the cable from Aeropanda and splice it together.

Thanks again to all who responded,
Gary

From Digitech Support Page

From Dansy's link.
Old 07-08-2022, 02:03 PM
mblue77
My Feedback: (2)

Default Flame out with Spektrum telemetry uints daisy chained.

My Swiwin 60 flames out at full throttle when I have more than one Spektrum telemetry uiit daisy chained with the ECU telemetry.
Has anyone found a solution to this?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.