Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy LGC 15 A

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy LGC 15 A

Old 01-23-2020, 05:43 PM
pattratt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xicoy LGC 15 A

Can any one explain to me how to set up or have a setup for an electric 3 gear and 3 door set up? I have burned up one door servo motor and stripped one servo gear set trying to get the following:
Note, I have the Xicoy manual and there is something I am missing?
here is what I am trying to acomplish:
All three doors open before retracts go up
All three doors shut after retracts up
All three doors open before retracts go down
All three doors close after retracts go down

Thanks for any help on this!
Dick Mundee
If anyone can help and preferr to text or call here is my Cell #
281 433 2555
Old 01-24-2020, 03:48 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dick, did you see there thread dedicated to there lg15 that makes the included manual pretty much useless?
The included manual has a lot of holes in it.
I'll find the thread and post the link.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:50 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lg15 discussion thread

Tip22v was the thread starter and had many helpful posts there, including setting up the sequencer.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:29 AM
rgburrill

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing is don't have your doors attached when setting it up.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:58 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
One thing is don't have your doors attached when setting it up.
I agree......first is to make sure the gear move or down with the proper switch and side......then the servos move the right way...for both up and down..once they are moving correctly...I lower all the end points....cycle the gear with the motor disconnect(additional battery disconnected with the gear up) and adjust each door one by one....once everything work fine connect the battery again...and itís done, not a short process but I have played with a plane that had 8 doors....

the other thing to remember is that this controller...will go through all 8 step....
Old 01-24-2020, 07:37 AM
Len Todd

The manual worked for me just fine. When it comes to programing, I will admit that putting in an LGC 15 with non-electron gear is not a plug and play project. But remember, typically most of us are basically inserting a component from the Electron system into a non-electron system. Ultimately it is the best controller currently out there. It has many features, which makes it very complex the first time we get one in our hot little hands. For what we get though, a little tinkering time is well worth the effort.

For the first time, I just set the entire system up on the bench and worked thru the manual. One just has to take the time to set up, read and try various program settings on the bench to understand what Gaspar is telling us. Once you figure that out, the final adjustments are easy. The next install you can use the SD card to transfer its program and then make final adjustments or changes necessary to address different gear/door configurations. My first programming took almost a day to set up on the bench and try everything. The second LGC 15 took only a couple minutes. It really pays to take the time to figure the programming out versus having someone giving you their plane specific setups, which most-likely will need some fine tuning anyway.

Never hook up any linkage until the servo's travel direction is correct and the travel limits are close but still slightly on the conservative side. Then hook up the linkage and make final adjustments. If one is not willing to do that, one may need a couple spare servos and maybe even some door hinges and paint.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:22 AM
pattratt

Thanks to all that replied.
setting up the doors as far as limits was a no brainer and getting the gear to cycle was not an issue. The issue is getting the Sequence to work correctly with the doors at the proper time. Mostly because I want the doors to cycle up after the gear is down! I don't have any problem setting everything up if I leave the doors open with gear down. I found the Tip22v thread, thanks to bodywoorks, and will try and figure it out today.
Many thanks to all that responded!
Dick

The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 04:17 PM
pattratt

Ok, got everything to work correctly "EXCEPT" I cannot get the doors to closed with gear down!!! As soon as I try to add that sequence it messes everything up. So once you get the doors to open gear down. How do I then close them in gear down position????
This puts me exactly where I was when I made my original post to start this thread!
Dick

Last edited by pattratt; 01-25-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:54 PM
pattratt

Finally, got it all figured out! The whole problem was everything I thought I read said sequence #8 was the "last step" !!! In Tom's example which everyone, including me took as the gospel, it was for his and anyone else who could not close the gear down doors because of gear obstruction when it was down!! The actual last step if you hit the sequence step "+"after setting #8 is Gear down with the option to set the doors for that last step!!! Once done you will have to cycle the gear several times for everything to set and work correctly! Hope this helps someone else that, like me, didn't understand this! Tom's setup thread has become the real LG-15A Manual and the addition of this info if, he is still monitoring this thread, would be of great help when setting up the sequence for dummies like me!
Thanks again to everyone with all your info.
Regards
Dick
Old 01-25-2020, 01:10 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Originally Posted by pattratt View Post
Finally, got it all figured out! The whole problem was everything I thought I read said sequence #8 was the "last step" !!! In Tom's example which everyone, including me took as the gospel, it was for his and anyone else who could not close the gear down doors because of gear obstruction when it was down!! The actual last step if you hit the sequence step "+"after setting #8 is Gear down with the option to set the doors for that last step!!! Once done you will have to cycle the gear several times for everything to set and work correctly! Hope this helps someone else that, like me, didn't understand this! Tom's setup thread has become the real LG-15A Manual and the addition of this info if, he is still monitoring this thread, would be of great help when setting up the sequence for dummies like me!
Thanks again to everyone with all your info.
Regards
Dick
Humm...I always believed that + at after 8 is actually 8......thankís