Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Flex Innovations Flex Jet Pro

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Flex Innovations Flex Jet Pro

Old 01-11-2022, 06:05 AM
Tip22v

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by paulsf86 View Post
With all of the Flex retract systems you must do and up/down gear cycle after arming radio. Otherwise the gear will retract while the doors are closing and jam the doors, often burning out the gear door servos. It is only a 1-2 sec up/down retract switch actuation but it must be done.
Iím not using the Flex gear controller, Iím using a Digitech CRU to control retracts, brakes, and gear doors (I should have mentioned that in my previous post). However, I always cycle the retracts before flight just to make sure something did not get bent on the previous flight.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:58 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Tip22v View Post
wow, mine is no where even close to 140. I bought the pipe from FlexInnovations, itís the pipe they make for this jet.
I checked my telemetry logs and I was pretty close, the airspeeds ranged from 90 - 105 mph. It's nice to know that it cruises comfortably at these modest airspeeds, makes this jet flyable at smaller fields. I'm going to check the Xicoy log to see where the actual throttle was during the flight, but I felt like I was very near full throttle most of the flight.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:08 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by paulsf86 View Post
With all of the Flex retract systems you must do and up/down gear cycle after arming radio. Otherwise the gear will retract while the doors are closing and jam the doors, often burning out the gear door servos. It is only a 1-2 sec up/down retract switch actuation but it must be done.

Not on the Flex Jet Pro, although it can not hurt if you do.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:16 AM
Bob_B

Originally Posted by Tip22v View Post
I checked my telemetry logs and I was pretty close, the airspeeds ranged from 90 - 105 mph. It's nice to know that it cruises comfortably at these modest airspeeds, makes this jet flyable at smaller fields. I'm going to check the Xicoy log to see where the actual throttle was during the flight, but I felt like I was very near full throttle most of the flight.
What telemetry setup are you using?
I'm using the HAB pipe which is 48mm in Diameter. I went all out to keep the model light.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
What telemetry setup are you using?
I'm using the HAB pipe which is 48mm in Diameter. I went all out to keep the model light.
Iím using Jeti GPS sensor, itís not 100% reliable, but does a decent job on average airspeeds. I have an actual airspeed sensor that I think I will install temporarily. I will measure my pipe to see if that could be a problem.
Old 01-11-2022, 12:17 PM
Bob_B

The Jeti GPS is not accurate at all, install the M-Speed.
When I played with the GOS unit the speeds were all over the place at the same throttle settings
Old 01-11-2022, 02:36 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
The Jeti GPS is not accurate at all, install the M-Speed.
When I played with the GOS unit the speeds were all over the place at the same throttle settings
I have an M-Speed, will install it.

I measured my pipe, it's 48mm.