Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox Mercury SRS & JR RG812BPX DMSS receivers

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox Mercury SRS & JR RG812BPX DMSS receivers

Old 04-09-2020, 04:15 AM
makis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Powerbox Mercury SRS & JR RG812BPX DMSS receivers

Hi, guys,
I have the Mercury installed in one of my jets with dual JR RG812BX receivers. Everything works fine, easy installation SRS (Patch leads from both receiver's X-Bus ports directly to mercury's RX1 and RX2 ports).

Now, I want to make installation for another jet with Mercury, but this time with 2 JR RG812BPX receivers which includes direct battery cable. Again, 2 patch leads fron receiver's X-Bus ports directly to Mercury's RX1 and RX2 ports..... The thing that makes confusion to me is, where shall I connect the direct battery cables from the receivers? I assume that, since the patch leads from the X-Bus port of the receivers to Mercury gives them power supply as well, right?

I'm a little lost at the moment, so every info will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Makis.

Old 04-09-2020, 04:27 AM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I believe that all battery connections will go to Powerbox and receiver power will be supplied via X-Bus cable. I use the JR Axis gyros in pylon racing planes and plug the single battery into the gyro which then backfeeds the power to the Rx.....has worked fine this way for years
Old 04-09-2020, 04:45 AM
makis

Originally Posted by cbk07 View Post
I believe that all battery connections will go to Powerbox and receiver power will be supplied via X-Bus cable.

Fully agreed, it was my first thought, but where on the Mercury must connect the 2 receiver battery cables? That's my problem.....
Old 04-09-2020, 05:19 AM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I do not think you will connect them to anything. Receiver power should come from Xbus cable (unless I am mistaken). The only reason to use the receiver cables is if you are plugging servos directly into the receiver(s). I will try to verify this for you on a bit
Old 04-09-2020, 07:12 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 434 Likes on 331 Posts

Just put a cap over the Deans so it does not short out. All the positives and negatives are linked.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:29 AM
makis

Originally Posted by cbk07 View Post
I do not think you will connect them to anything. Receiver power should come from Xbus cable (unless I am mistaken). The only reason to use the receiver cables is if you are plugging servos directly into the receiver(s). I will try to verify this for you on a bit
Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere View Post
Just put a cap over the Deans so it does not short out. All the positives and negatives are linked.
Quite clear, thanks for the help!!