Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

boomerang sprint v2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

boomerang sprint v2

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 01:51 PM
jet jocky97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boomerang sprint v2

This past weekend I maiden my boomerang sprint v2 the flight was successful for the most part. the plane want to roll to the left a lot. but was quickly resolved. The plane also want to pitch up a LOT while the plane flew(more like a rocket ship going to the moon) after owning two original sprints, both flew awesome and NO bad habits. I was wounding if this is normal and if so, how can I fix the pitching up problem. I've heard some guys will shim the turbine or the stabilizer. Or is there a third opinion.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:40 PM
TJP
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have one of the original Sprints with a P80SE, Jet-Tech Split tank, TamJets Smoke pump, Mad-Dog smoke tube, Pro-Link gear, and Intairco wheels/brakes.

You may want to paint the whole inside of the Fuselage with some thinned out Z-Poxy. Just in case you have any fuel or smoke oil leak.
Which I had during priming the fuel system. Saved the wood from Kerosene soak.

The Sprint is known for the Turbine exhaust flow causing an "E-Flux" problem pulling the elevator down. This necessitates large down elevator trim for level flight.
I made 3/8" down to nothing wood wedges that fit on the whole engine mount area giving as much down thrust as I could get. This gives my elevator
almost perfect level trim. Always wondered why my KingCat Turbine mount area had so much built in downward thrust angle. With my KingCat-P120 combo you still
add three small washers at the front for more angle.

BAD-DOG Smoke tubes are fantastic. Guy sells them on RC-Universe. Tried everything over the years and nothing as good. Doubled my smoke time.
With 35oz. of smoke from Jet-Tech split tank I can dial in a good smoke stream for almost 6-minutes. He drills a .020" or .040" hole in the solid round stainless
piece then machines 45 degree slot at the hole exit making the best atomizing I've seen. I have the .040" one on the Sprint and two .020" ones on my KingCat.