Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster F-15

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster F-15

Old 06-30-2020, 11:03 PM
Lucasuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skymaster F-15

Hi guys....
wondering who is flying or flew the Skymaster F-15 and could give me a rough idea of wet weight or dry weight?
Its the ailerons/elevator version and i think this is coming on a heavy side at 11.3 kg dry,
also whats the best C of G ?
any info will help !
thanks
Lucas
Old 07-01-2020, 03:06 AM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

I owned and flew one a while ago. The weight looks to be right at 24 to 25 pounds. The CG as I recall was 8.25 inches back from the leading edge at the root of the wing. Also your fuel Tank set up. You have to be sure that the saddle tanks drain first then the tank between the intake. I balanced mine with the tank between the intakes about half full and the uat full.
First video is maiden with a Kingtech K140. I later stripped the jet out and repainted it. Added a smoke system in a center line drop tank.
Hope this helps.

Joe

Old 07-01-2020, 03:17 AM
Lucasuk

Thanks for your input Joe! It does help ! Good to hear that its not as heavy as I thought...... instructions said 7-9 kg and i was thinking how is it possible ? Lol
thanks for the info.....
every info matters ....
thank you