Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti LiIon RX batteries

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti LiIon RX batteries

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 10:35 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

How are these holding up for everyone?
Old 08-08-2021, 11:54 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Those 3s Li-ion look good never saw them before…

That’s all I used in my jets/Turbo prop plane, my oldest set are from 2015 and are still going strong.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:58 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by bodywerks
Received my 3s2p 2600A battery pack from Jeti in the Czech republic. It only weighs 10 ounces, which is light for a 35+lb jet. I also checked amps during all phases of running on this SW220B turbine and the highest amps observed were only 5 amps, and that's only during start-up. Average consumption is only around 2.5 amps. This Li-ion should do the trick nicely!
Well if you don't have an issue with too high a voltage like a KingTech ECU? The nominal voltage listed on the label indicates a LiPO, not just an Li-Ion, or more precisely, an LiFE which would show a nominal voltage a chunk under what's on that battery label.

Lots of guys I am in contact with have all started to run Pulse Batteries. This company is owned by the same guy who has several other RC companies we are all familiar with and they seem to be performing very well. A lot of us got push here because the lights on our PNP models will not work on less than two cell LiPO voltages.

Last edited by Zeeb; 08-08-2021 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 12:40 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Well if you don't have an issue with too high a voltage like a KingTech ECU? The nominal voltage listed on the label indicates a LiPO, not just an Li-Ion, or more precisely, an LiFE which would show a nominal voltage a chunk under what's on that battery label.

Lots of guys I am in contact with have all started to run Pulse Batteries. This company is owned by the same guy who has several other RC companies we are all familiar with and they seem to be performing very well. A lot of us got push here because the lights on our PNP models will not work on less than two cell LiPO voltages.
I think he only runs Swiwin Zeeb. These 3S would be perfect for those
Old 08-08-2021, 12:43 PM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

I have lost faith in flat pack lipos for receiver duty. The Jeti packs are made up of 18650 batteries. I think the cylindrical batteries are superior to the flat packs.
I've just had brand new flat batteries fail. A 2S suddenly becomes a 1s. Or the resistance one cell gets to 5x that of its companion cell. I've had them fail in flight more than one time.
I am experimenting with Samsung 40T 21700 cells. They are 3500mah and can sustain 35amps. I'm soldering them up my self and it costs about $25 a pack.
This guy flies his EFDs with the 40T cells, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAk...6qAirLJs6CAhsQ
Old 08-09-2021, 04:28 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
I have lost faith in flat pack lipos for receiver duty. The Jeti packs are made up of 18650 batteries. I think the cylindrical batteries are superior to the flat packs.
I've just had brand new flat batteries fail. A 2S suddenly becomes a 1s. Or the resistance one cell gets to 5x that of its companion cell. I've had them fail in flight more than one time.
I am experimenting with Samsung 40T 21700 cells. They are 3500mah and can sustain 35amps. I'm soldering them up my self and it costs about $25 a pack.
This guy flies his EFDs with the 40T cells, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAk...6qAirLJs6CAhsQ
Well I haven't, if treated correctly they will last a very long time, you have problems with a lot of stuff
Old 08-09-2021, 05:47 AM
jvaliensi

Originally Posted by Dansy
Well I haven't, if treated correctly they will last a very long time, you have problems with a lot of stuff
Dansy - I can understand how you would get that impression. I don't have any reason to write/post or ask questions about stuff that is working perfectly.
I do make mistakes, but I own them and try to learn from them.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:51 AM
Dansy

Dansy - I can understand how you would get that impression. I don't have any reason to write/post or ask questions about stuff that is working perfectly.
I do make mistakes, but I own them and try to learn from them.
I wasn’t mean as a bad thing…more like how you treat those batteries or any batteries will give you different result….I never charge them at more then 1C and I don’t go below 5.5v ….that could be the difference.

I also have no problems owning my mistakes…done plenty in the past…..
Old 08-09-2021, 06:57 AM
jvaliensi

I get that and do follow the guidelines for charging and storage of LiPos.
My point is that flat pack batteries can and do suddenly fail in use. I've talked to other pilots with the same experience. My recent failure was from a battery that was charged one time.
Obviously, no one wants a receiver battery to fail in flight. Jeti transmitters use 18650 batteries, and my DS-24 has the original ones, from when the DS-24 was first sold in the USA. They have been trouble-free. Jeti did their homework. Their Rx packs must be the same.
(I had a Futaba 9CAP, that I bought in 2002 and left it in the garage unused until 2018. The batteries were still charged and working okay. I want more like that. I think the batteries were made by Panasonic.)
Old 08-09-2021, 07:09 AM
Dansy

I get that and do follow the guidelines for charging and storage of LiPos.
My point is that flat pack batteries can and do suddenly fail in use. I've talked to other pilots with the same experience. My recent failure was from a battery that was charged one time.
Obviously, no one wants a receiver battery to fail in flight. Jeti transmitters use 18650 batteries, and my DS-24 has the original ones, from when the DS-24 was first sold in the USA. They have been trouble-free. Jeti did their homework. Their Rx packs must be the same.
(I had a Futaba 9CAP, that I bought in 2002 and left it in the garage unused until 2018. The batteries were still charged and working okay. I want more like that. I think the batteries were made by Panasonic.)
Flat pack? are we talking about the Jeti Li-Ion 2600/3100/5200 or 622mAh ??

I changed my battery in my DC24 I got it in 2015....a little bigger, there was no problems...just preventive maintenance
Old 08-09-2021, 07:21 AM
jvaliensi

I call flat packs ones that are like this:

https://rcbattery.com/liperior-2200m...xt60-plug.html

The Jeti packs like this, are made from a pair (or 4) 18650 battery cells. Which are cylindrical cells.

https://www.jetimodel.com/katalog/power-ion-rb-3100.htm

Cylindrical cells are made like jelly rolls, flat packs are like layer cakes. I think it is easier to produce cylindrical cells at high quality levels because there is more experience doing batteries that way, compared to flat packs. Think how long D-cells have been around.

Last edited by jvaliensi; 08-09-2021 at 07:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tp777fo (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 07:31 AM
Dansy

Ah your talking normal Lipo on a li-ion post Ahah……

I don’t use Lipo much anymore