Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Have Turbo Beaver, need brakes

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Have Turbo Beaver, need brakes

Old 11-15-2020, 10:44 AM
karl hibbs
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great Paul, when are you going to fly it again.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:11 PM
Nostromo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mentioned the Xicoy option to Martin several weeks ago. He said he was going to contact Xicoy to see if he could get a cad file of the tp motor to verify fit in the beaver. I followed up but never heard back. I've not ordered the kit yet because I'm a little unsure of how it'll fly. The Moustache Model Works 91in kit was tested by model airplane news and came out at 33oz/ft2 wing loading. The mrbeaver at 25-26 lbs dry is about 46 oz/ft2. That's high loading. My recently completed Cap10 from mraerodesign was a joy to build. Remarkable quality of wood and cutting. It weighs 23 lbs, flies heavy and snaps out of loops unless you're really light on the controls. I don't enjoy it too much but it looks and sounds great in the air. I'm a little afraid the Beaver might have a similar dark side.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:18 PM
Nostromo1

Oh, and I heard back from AMA regarding the installation of brakes on a tail dragger turboprop. He said additional guidelines soon to be released will state that a tail dragger turboprop can demonstrate brakes without a propeller simply by pushing the plane. This is to avoid damage to the prop or turbine by causing a nose over. During the turbine waiver flight or any other time with the engine running the brakes will not be tested. Just an emergency stopping system in case of extreme situation.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:16 PM
Nostromo1

Last edited by Nostromo1; 11-17-2020 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Repeat post
Old 11-24-2020, 03:13 PM
didiwatt
My Feedback: (38)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As promised, my brake set up..
TNT aluminum gear,, Electron 120mm wheels and electric brakes.. This setup can be quickly removed and scale landing gear installed

Old 11-24-2020, 03:16 PM
didiwatt
My Feedback: (38)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nostromo1, I wrote them last month and was told brakes required just like turbine so it looks like they are moving in right direction.