Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Power Model Jet Oil

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Power Model Jet Oil

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 08:47 AM
Mick Hargreaves

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mixing 20 litres of fuel to 1 bottle works for me. Easier than measuring 19.

Dave, take it you will be stocking this new wonder oil instead of your regular brew?
Old 08-13-2020, 08:53 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Mick

Adding a qtr to 20 ltrs is what we have done for the last 22years and many thousands of litres burnt.

Yes, but I hope to still offer both options to give a choice.

Dave
Old 08-13-2020, 08:55 AM
Mick Hargreaves

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Mick

Adding a qtr to 20 ltrs is what we have done for the last 22years and many thousands of litres burnt.

Yes, but I hope to still offer both options to give a choice.

Dave
Cheers Dave
Old 08-13-2020, 09:00 AM
PILOTMD11
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horizon Hobby-Power Model Jet Oil

Horizon Hobby will carry it, but not in stock yet! A request to Deluxe Materials for packaging/labeling in Gallon and Quart containers for USA distribution has been sent!
Since gallons are on the pumps in the USA, quarts or gallon containers would be helpful!
Many of us just use a ratio-rite or other measuring device to pour the correct amount of oil in our fueler! Say, you only need 3.5gals to top it off for the next day of flying.
I think this thread is about Power Model Jet Oil and I’m not going to comment on other RC Turbine oil, good, bad, or other!
If this oil proves great for bearing protection and minimal deposits with moderate cost and great packaging; it will be a big player!
The only other additive for your fueler would be a Biocide similar to Biobor-JF in diesel or kerosene; not really needed in Jet-A!
The following users liked this post:
mhpverheggen (08-13-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 11:36 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Will wait until Kingtech say its ok before I even try it.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:30 PM
pcskyhi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a few flights on my Carf Joker with a Jets Munt VT 80 and so far so good but may be a different story with my Xicoy X45. Previously I was using King Tech oil @ 5% mix with diesel fuel. Both the VT 80 and X45 had no issues with this mix. When I received the Power Model Jet Oil I mixed it at the same percentage (5%). I tested this combination on the VT 80 with no issues what so ever but today when I took out my Harlock Viper with the X45 the engine kept shutting down at a quarter throttle. I made several attempts and got the same result. On a couple of occasions I went from idle to full throttle immediately and no issue but if I moved the throttle from idle and slowly moved the throttle toward full throttle, POOF at about 25-30% throttle. The fuel system has no air bubbles or leaks. I had 8 flights on the King Tech Oil with X45 with no issue. With this oil being 100% synthetic I am wondering although the 5% mixture has no effect on the VT 80 if the 5% mixture is too much for the X45 to handle? a couple of times the engine did gurgle like it was rich when I tried to accelerate slowly just prior to going POOF!
I emailed Gaspar and I am just waiting on a response since both Jets Munt and Xicoy endorsed this oil for use in their engines.
Both manuals mention 100% synthetic 2 stroke oil being mixed at 3%. I wonder if this oil is similar to the 2 stroke type of oil since it is also 100% synthetic? If so, I am 2% over the suggested amount. The bigger engines seem to deal with things of this nature but these liitle cute *******s (LOL) appear to be a bit finicky about things.
FYI the mix ratio on the container says 20:1.

Last edited by pcskyhi; 09-07-2020 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:45 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

I run 4% oil. 3% KT and 1% Redline racing oil.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:50 PM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I now run 5 % PMJO in my Kingtech K-70 on a regular basis with no problem.

Jannica
Sweden

Helirupert (09-11-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 09:01 AM
jetpower

Today after much delay i have flown wih the new power model jet oil.
my 11year old bobcat with a new P80 se
have flown two flights an some running on the ground and no problems what so ever .
I'm not going to switch back to the old style turbine oil.

Last edited by jetpower; 09-13-2020 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:57 AM
PILOTMD11

Default Power Model Jet Oil is the RC Turbine Oil to use!

I’m extremely pleased with the results using Power Model Jet Oil. I blend 1 Liter of oil with 5.25 gallons of diesel = 20:1 or 5% and it provides smooth operation. It will blend with other oils and fuels If you have a little left in your fuel tank, UAT, or fueler!
I also use 1/5 ounce of Biobor-JF to 5 gallons as a Biocide, because kerosene and diesel has none and Jet-A has chemicals that act as a Biocide! Prevents growth in entire fuel system including tiny turbine injectors.

It helped me win “Best Jet” with the BVM Mirage F1, Behotec 220N turbine at my last RC Scale Event, check YouTube video below:

Last edited by PILOTMD11; 10-15-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:48 PM
Turbotronic

Wish I could try it. Ordered months ago but never arrived. Seems Royal Mail loses most packages.
We have available totally synthetic derived kerosene with none of the stink of JETA1.
Even cleaner than RP-1 or RP-2 (ie Rocket Propellant)
Since it comes with no biocide would have liked to test this oils resistance to algae.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:40 AM
PILOTMD11

Default Biocide in RC Turbine fuel mix

Important to note that a biocide kills microbes in fuel, including bacteria and fungus that can and will eventually clog clunks, filters, fuel tubing, UAT’s, fuel valves, and the tiny turbine engine combustion injectors!
The smell of diesel, kerosene, or Jet-A1 doesn’t bother me so much, I usually keep my fueler and fuel containers clean with rubbing alcohol on the outside and my fueling habits don’t spill any fuel. Using a vent plug keeps the tank fumes from escaping in my vehicle or garage.
I guess I’m accustom to fuel smells from racing motocross, drag racing cars, formula cars, boats and Avgas or Jet fuel at the airports!
Old 10-16-2020, 02:35 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

This sounds good--I am anxious to see what Kingtech has to say as well, although they have a vested interest in selling their own oil.

What about anti-static agents? No one has mentioned that and KT oil does have that, would it be "recommended" with this oil or just leave it out?
Old 10-16-2020, 04:25 PM
PILOTMD11

Default Power Model Jet Oil - Anti Static Properties

Power Model Jet Oil was specifically designed for our RC Turbine hobby use. Anti-Static was designed as one of the basic requirements of this oil!
You can read about that with the photos I attached!
Old 10-16-2020, 06:14 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Interesting .. MD11 where are you buying it in the US? found it

For my Behotec 220N I am using K1 Kero but it's expensive in Colorado and with 5 tanks in a BVM Rafale I want to switch over to diesel and possibly using this new oil since your having good results with it.

Last edited by F900; 10-16-2020 at 06:24 PM.
PILOTMD11 (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 06:35 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2020, 06:56 PM
PILOTMD11

Default Where to buy Power Model Jet Oil USA-Free Shipping

No doubt kerosene will burn slightly cleaner than USA diesel (Europe has a cleaner burning version), but some oils don’t burn clean. Depends on fuel/oil mix and diesel provides more power and BTU energy over kerosene and Jet-A1. So, maybe diesel/Power Model Jet Oil is a good high elevation (Denver) model airfield combo to provide more thrust!

Buy here Tower Hobbies USA free shipping:

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product...r/DLMLU02.html

Buy here Horizon Hobby USA free shipping:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...r/DLMLU02.html
Old 10-16-2020, 07:27 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by PILOTMD11
No doubt kerosene will burn slightly cleaner than USA diesel (Europe has a cleaner burning version), but some oils don’t burn clean. Depends on fuel/oil mix and diesel provides more power and BTU energy over kerosene and Jet-A1. So, maybe diesel/Power Model Jet Oil is a good high elevation (Denver) model airfield combo to provide more thrust!

Buy here Tower Hobbies USA free shipping:

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product...r/DLMLU02.html

Buy here Horizon Hobby USA free shipping:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...r/DLMLU02.html
Thanks, I'm in between Kero and Diesel depending on the jet am flying. I wish you were getting more oil for since anything bigger than a 170 sized turbine you will be lucky to get 5 flights out of it. I will usually fly 5/7 times in one day, that's one of the things I like about KT oil for the money gets you a lot more flights.

Just curious how do you like the Mirage F-1?

Old 10-16-2020, 11:16 PM
PILOTMD11

Default Kerosene or Diesel

Hi F900,

I have used diesel beginning with my first jet and now I’ve bought, built, and sold many others. As a diesel boater I understand the need for a Biocide and have always added a very small amount with each new oil/fuel mix for my RC turbines.

To me, the convenance, extra power, and cooler running turbine; I stick with diesel. Diesel usually has a lower pump amp draw over kerosene/Jet-A1 due to extra lubricative qualities.

Kingtech Oil is cheaper, but hopefully Deluxe Materials will obtain a proper larger gallon container supplier in the UK and start sending those to the USA. We burn lots of fuel in the USA with our RC Jet hobby, really at events!

I don’t care much about the price of quality RC Jet oil that’s not harmful to humans and the environment. It’s the normal cost of a relatively expensive hobby, like racing, boating or other motor sports.

I do care about the smooth running and clean burning of my model turbines and what harmful exhaust gases go downwind for humans to breath! So, that’s why I’ve switched from Kingtech Oil to Power Model Jet Oil!

I enjoy the BVM Mirage F1 because it’s one of the most unique Jets. Draken and ATAC have acquired real ones from France, Spain, and South Africa and are based in Fort Worth, Texas, Lakeland, FL, Houston, Nellis, and other locations for tactical training of the USA fighter pilots!

So, we will catch sights of the real ones here in the USA now.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:53 AM
cetigershark

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi everybody
I have purchased now as well the Power Model Jet Oil. I run it on my Jetsmunt and Xicoy turbines with Premium Diesel. Before I have used 2 stroke oil, which became gluy after a few days resting in the turbine bearings, resulting sometimes in starting problems. Now, with the Power Model Jet Oil, everything runs nicely, without sticking. Flawless start ups, everything smooth. And the oil has a nice green colouring and banana smell
Highly recommendable.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:06 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by PILOTMD11
Hi F900,

I have used diesel beginning with my first jet and now I’ve bought, built, and sold many others. As a diesel boater I understand the need for a Biocide and have always added a very small amount with each new oil/fuel mix for my RC turbines.

To me, the convenance, extra power, and cooler running turbine; I stick with diesel. Diesel usually has a lower pump amp draw over kerosene/Jet-A1 due to extra lubricative qualities.

Kingtech Oil is cheaper, but hopefully Deluxe Materials will obtain a proper larger gallon container supplier in the UK and start sending those to the USA. We burn lots of fuel in the USA with our RC Jet hobby, really at events!

I don’t care much about the price of quality RC Jet oil that’s not harmful to humans and the environment. It’s the normal cost of a relatively expensive hobby, like racing, boating or other motor sports.

I do care about the smooth running and clean burning of my model turbines and what harmful exhaust gases go downwind for humans to breath! So, that’s why I’ve switched from Kingtech Oil to Power Model Jet Oil!

I enjoy the BVM Mirage F1 because it’s one of the most unique Jets. Draken and ATAC have acquired real ones from France, Spain, and South Africa and are based in Fort Worth, Texas, Lakeland, FL, Houston, Nellis, and other locations for tactical training of the USA fighter pilots!

So, we will catch sights of the real ones here in the USA now.

Kingtech oil also is harmless to people and the environment. That was one of Barry’s requirements. Even the packing peanuts in the shipping box are biodegradable.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:27 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

I have yet to try the new oil from de luxe but certainly will next season when my current stock of oil is used.

For several years I have been using Turbonycoil which does not contain the toxic organophosphates.

I currently have 14 engines in use ( 2 AMT, 4 Jetcat, 4 PST, 2 Wrens, 2 Jetsmunt) all of which have been. run considerably on Turbonycoil. at a common 5 % ratio ( and using JetA as fuel) without any problems. A pretty good try.

I recently had a very high time PST 1300 serviced by Turbine solutions, it was reported to be in as new condition inside.

So, if and until you can get this new oil, and wish to avoid organophospates, Turbonycoil is an excellent choice.