Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anyone else suffering from builder itis?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anyone else suffering from builder itis?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 09:00 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Anyone else suffering from builder itis?

Anyone have an interesting kit on the table they are building? I need some motivation! The only thing I have which I have completed and torn down twice now I have lost all desire to finish due to a number of factors.
My biggest hurdle is not having a place to build atm, but hopefully that changes this year. That being said I have been pondering a Mibo Tornado, but not may out there to pull information from so if anyone has built one hit me up!

Maybe even an Mibo A-10, just need something to keep me busy this winter, so does anyone have a build going? I have seen a couple here but lots of folks are doing the Youtube and Facebook builds which im cool with!
Old 08-29-2020, 09:41 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I have a few project for the winter......currently I have

SkySun Muses F3A TP that I took all the covering off....Fiberglass all the parts, currently getting it all ready for the first coat of primer filler....

BVM L-39 to re-do everything wires/air all of it....

SM 104 to redo most of it all the wiring control....and air system, also repair a few things...

New CARF J-10 to put together, and paint (got it in white)

Ripmax Xcalibur + to put together, I intend to strip the covering and Fiberglass this one as well.....and repaint all of it.

SM PC 21 to finish not much left...no rush I can’t fly this locally...

Maybe a CARF Rebel Max, if the border open.....

I think that’s about it for this winter... I don’t want to finish before April LOL so I need to slow down.... 😂
Old 08-29-2020, 10:27 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Come to my house for a week, i can keep you busy with any number of unique projects that by the time i am done with you, you wont want to build for the rest of your life. LoL
The following users liked this post:
Ron S (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 11:24 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by invertmast
Come to my house for a week, i can keep you busy with any number of unique projects that by the time i am done with you, you wont want to build for the rest of your life. LoL
haha I bet, you wish I had more jet guys here and builders of large models.
Dansy that's a full time job for you, I just need a spare time filler lol

I wish I could like the Nashville gang they have a build night, maybe when I get the real airplane in the shop I can do that! Going to need help with rivets!
Old 08-29-2020, 11:37 AM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ll have a Kingcat on the table in a couple of weeks. Then I have an Evo UB coming in December.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:07 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

At first glance I swear your thread title said builder t!t$ hahaha
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (09-04-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 01:21 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What happened to the raptor?
Old 08-29-2020, 01:29 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Try an Avonds Fouga.....19 months and counting.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:33 PM
Viper1GJ

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

You can finish my F-105. Going to need some help with a cockpit for sure.
Gary
Old 08-29-2020, 04:34 PM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by Dieselman1220
What happened to the raptor?
Nothing its done, just need to get to a place to maiden it, local club isnt viable for a large jet like this.
Old 08-29-2020, 04:35 PM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by lgm graphix
at first glance i swear your thread title said builder t!t$ hahaha
lol
Old 08-29-2020, 04:49 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by FenderBean
haha I bet, you wish I had more jet guys here and builders of large models.
Dansy that's a full time job for you, I just need a spare time filler lol

I wish I could like the Nashville gang they have a build night, maybe when I get the real airplane in the shop I can do that! Going to need help with rivets!
Nope not a full time job...I’m retired LOL just a hobby to keep me busy.....

Last edited by Dansy; 08-30-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-29-2020, 04:51 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Done building this year, I only got things to do to jets here and there.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:25 PM
Mikey5547

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone have an interesting kit on the table they are building? I need some motivation! The only thing I have which I have completed and torn down twice now I have lost all desire to finish due to a number of factors.
My biggest hurdle is not having a place to build atm, but hopefully that changes this year. That being said I have been pondering a Mibo Tornado, but not may out there to pull information from so if anyone has built one hit me up!

Maybe even an Mibo A-10, just need something to keep me busy this winter, so does anyone have a build going? I have seen a couple here but lots of folks are doing the Youtube and Facebook builds which im cool with!
Are Mibo making a Tornado? Also why don’t you get Mibo A6?
Old 09-04-2020, 02:14 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you still fighting with that F-18? I figured you’d finally throw in the towel and sell that thing. From what I gather, you’re the biggest A-6 model fan on earth so if there was any chance, you’d do it. Just too many problems with the design and gear or Nick and I would have one too.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:23 AM
jimibar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm doing all the weathering job on my A10 and been posting in the A10 Gen 6 thread but looks like no one is interested ...
Old 09-04-2020, 06:36 AM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
I have a few project for the winter......currently I have

SkySun Muses F3A TP that I took all the covering off....Fiberglass all the parts, currently getting it all ready for the first coat of primer filler....

BVM L-39 to re-do everything wires/air all of it....

SM 104 to redo most of it all the wiring control....and air system, also repair a few things...

New CARF J-10 to put together, and paint (got it in white)

Ripmax Xcalibur + to put together, I intend to strip the covering and Fiberglass this one as well.....and repaint all of it.

SM PC 21 to finish not much left...no rush I can’t fly this locally...

Maybe a CARF Rebel Max, if the border open.....

I think that’s about it for this winter... I don’t want to finish before April LOL so I need to slow down.... 😂
Why do you need to redo the BVM L-39? Poor quality? Just wondering as I am waiting for delivery of a BVM F-86 and hoping not to have to redo everything I paid for as a PNP.
Thanks
Dom
Old 09-04-2020, 07:10 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by jimibar
I'm doing all the weathering job on my A10 and been posting in the A10 Gen 6 thread but looks like no one is interested ...
only A-10 i have seen lately was from a different person, being a new Mibo dealer im always interested in those. Trying to get one myself in the near future, post a link!
Old 09-04-2020, 07:14 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
Are you still fighting with that F-18? I figured you’d finally throw in the towel and sell that thing. From what I gather, you’re the biggest A-6 model fan on earth so if there was any chance, you’d do it. Just too many problems with the design and gear or Nick and I would have one too.
Haha yeah i need to get it out of the garage so I dont see it sitting there everyday! I want to throw in the towel but I love the size and my scheme, im waiting on new motors for it anyway so I can't finish it till they are released anyway. If I can manage to get the paint redone it would get finished for sure, I almost bought the stuff to do it myself but stopped due covid killing my new job so until I get a full time job im on hold for a lot of things.
Mibos working the A-6 so its always there for the future projects, I will probably sell something at that point so I dont end up with 6 jets

Last edited by FenderBean; 09-04-2020 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:37 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Don't you live down south? Isn't that when you fly jets, not build?
I have been fairly successful, for me, with getting hers done. I did my Ultra Flash, then went right onto my Rebel Pro, and am tinkering with my Rebel classic now. I have found that I get a WHOLE lot more done if I work it 15 minutes to a half hour at a time - install n set up a servo and walk away, come back and do another servo, walk away, etc.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:08 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by bodywerks
Don't you live down south? Isn't that when you fly jets, not build?
I have been fairly successful, for me, with getting hers done. I did my Ultra Flash, then went right onto my Rebel Pro, and am tinkering with my Rebel classic now. I have found that I get a WHOLE lot more done if I work it 15 minutes to a half hour at a time - install n set up a servo and walk away, come back and do another servo, walk away, etc.
I fly on the weekends, but that doesn't keep me busy at night.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:16 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jimibar

Ofcourse we are interested!! Post op my man!!

Fender, get your self some kids. They will DEF keep you busy at night.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:44 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody
Why do you need to redo the BVM L-39? Poor quality? Just wondering as I am waiting for delivery of a BVM F-86 and hoping not to have to redo everything I paid for as a PNP.
Thanks
Dom
‘Nope the outside is very nice....., it’s because the plane has passed through a few hands....and has never flown and someone took all the stuff out Servos/valves ect and butcher the Inside of the kit a little.....so....I was asked to redo everything and at the same time make the inside pretty....
Old 09-04-2020, 10:01 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have been restoring a Phoenix 7 just to stay "current". Its been a good exercise in glassing, filling, wood work, painting and clearing.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:39 PM
Viper1GJ

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

[QUOTE=FalconWings;12629486]I have been restoring a Phoenix 7 just to stay "current". Its been a good exercise in glassing, filling, wood work, painting and clearing.

I had one of those. Loved it!
Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.