Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Feul line connection to DuBro tank

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Feul line connection to DuBro tank

Old 10-07-2020, 11:31 AM
john491
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feul line connection to DuBro tank

I have gotten to the point I am setting up my fuel tank. I can fit a DuBro 40 oz tank on its side to hit the CG in the middle of the tank, mounted between the retracted gear. It just fits.
This brings up the question of the line connections. It will be possible to put the suction and vent lines through the stopper, I plan on using an X-45 so the 4mm tubes should not be a problem, though it will require a long brass tube inside to get the vent to the top of the tank. Another possibility is to put a vent fitting at the top of the tank. If I do that what would be a good adhesive sealant for the vent fitting? Another possibility is to have a custom tank made. This is pretty far down my list as a custom tank will add to the costs quite a bit. but not am impossibility.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
John
Old 10-07-2020, 11:38 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would just use the conventional setup for the tank, two lines through the stopper with one angled to the top of the tank for a vent. I hate stoppers in general but they work. If thatís the tank that fits best thatís what Iíd go with.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:38 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Auburn02 View Post
I would just use the conventional setup for the tank, two lines through the stopper with one angled to the top of the tank for a vent. I hate stoppers in general but they work. If that’s the tank that fits best that’s what I’d go with.
I vote for this set up, it is simple, the thing you can do to the long vent tube is to use a piece of Tygon fuel line from the bend with a barb soldered to it and secured it with a loop of safety wire this way it will be easy to insert through the opening.

Last edited by CARS II; 10-07-2020 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 184 Likes on 148 Posts

Like this without the tube ( for a glass baffle) in the clunk line

Old 10-07-2020, 05:33 PM
CARS II

Excellent example.

Good job Dave!
Old 10-08-2020, 05:22 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you get the larger fuel tubing over the tygon tube at the ends?
Old 10-08-2020, 06:39 PM
CARS II

Use a hemostat to stretch the larger tube then slide it on the smaller tube then pull the hemostat out then insert that tube into the brass tube, you could also secured the fuel line with a loop of safety wire.

Notice the fuel line barbs, at least put a drop of soldering silver on the brass tube to stop the fuel line from sliding out.

Last edited by CARS II; 10-08-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:45 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere View Post
Like this without the tube ( for a glass baffle) in the clunk line

That looks so much simpler than taking the brass tubing all the way to the top of the tank like I still do (on the VERY rare occasion I use such a tank). I think I'm always paranoid about the soft tube creating a seal against the roof of the tank, but I know the chances of that can be alleviated by cutting the end at an angle where it should not happen.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:53 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 184 Likes on 148 Posts

You can see I have a top hat V cut in the Tygon.