Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Carf rebel pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Carf rebel pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 11:00 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Not sure why i bought this but we'll see if I ever fly it. Should have got a bolt.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:43 PM
chevronflyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

They are the best sport jet in my opinion but that color scheme tho 😳
Old 05-22-2022, 06:23 AM
essyou35

Originally Posted by chevronflyer
They are the best sport jet in my opinion but that color scheme tho 😳

it's this scheme, i like it. Now the orange and yellow or caymen schemes are barf to me. I seen I vid of these sceme fly I like how it looks. To each Their own I don't judge, I'm not out there for attention anyways. I do what I like.

Im sure it will be fun. Im just not sure it's fun or challenging enough for the hassle to get it to the field all the time. I kinda had a change of heart a month after I ordered it. That bolt looks amazing!

Last edited by essyou35; 05-22-2022 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:32 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35

it's this scheme, i like it. Now the orange and yellow or caymen schemes are barf to me. I seen I vid of these sceme fly I like how it looks. To each Their own I don't judge, I'm not out there for attention anyways. I do what I like.

Im sure it will be fun. Im just not sure it's fun or challenging enough for the hassle to get it to the field all the time. I kinda had a change of heart a month after I ordered it. That bolt looks amazing!
Thats the scheme my friend choose…..it’s very visible in flight..
The following users liked this post:
essyou35 (08-29-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 06:47 AM
essyou35

Originally Posted by Dansy
Thats the scheme my friend choose…..it’s very visible in flight..
Very important to me. May have to get a bolt with the same scheme lol.

I'm looking forward to flying this out just may be a year im still building a composite bandit I have everything. For and need to get it in the sky.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:56 AM
Dansy

Very important to me. May have to get a bolt with the same scheme lol.

I'm looking forward to flying this out just may be a year im still building a composite bandit I have everything. For and need to get it in the sky.
The Rebel are fairly quick build…mounting the equipment on top is much easier then a crowded small fuselage…..
essyou35 (05-22-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 04:29 AM
dccatl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Fourth flight from maiden day for my Rebel Pro, thanks to Desert Fox 1 for the expert videography:

Old 05-24-2022, 04:55 AM
smcharg

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

dccatl David, I noticed in the videos that it seems like you always take off without flaps (maybe it's just the angle of Rommel's video). I'm curious why you do that and if you've tried t/o flaps. The plane takes off so much slower and gracefully with them. I'm not criticizing merely inquisitive. Everybody has an opinion so I'd just like to know yours.

Scott
Old 05-24-2022, 05:28 AM
dccatl

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by smcharg
dccatl David, I noticed in the videos that it seems like you always take off without flaps (maybe it's just the angle of Rommel's video). I'm curious why you do that and if you've tried t/o flaps. The plane takes off so much slower and gracefully with them. I'm not criticizing merely inquisitive. Everybody has an opinion so I'd just like to know yours.

Scott
No real reason, just never have done it, maybe because I'm spoiled with a 1000' paved runway. I may try it some time.
smcharg (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 09:20 AM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

If you want to sell it I would pay 500.00 over what you pd. Dan Avilla 707-486-3325
Old 05-26-2022, 11:18 PM
winter1

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Not sure why i bought this but we'll see if I ever fly it. Should have got a bolt.
I think you're going to have to buy your wife a mink coat now. ***winter***
Old 05-26-2022, 11:29 PM
chevronflyer

Originally Posted by winter1
I think you're going to have to buy your wife a mink coat now. ***winter***

She has that same look the rest of our wives have . She’s Not impressed in the least

😆🤣😂
Old 05-27-2022, 04:34 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

She has that same look the rest of our wives have . She’s Not impressed in the least

😆🤣😂
Ain't that the truth!
Old 05-28-2022, 04:15 AM
Dansy

😆🤣😂
My wife doesn’t do that…..and I don’t do that when she buy’s new shoes or whatever that she doesn’t need

Its a 2 way street…..
Old 05-28-2022, 04:55 AM
chevronflyer

New shoes don’t cost $5k tho

Old 05-28-2022, 05:10 AM
Dansy

New shoes don’t cost $5k tho
‘The money part is easier…..I have my own RC budget…..and she has her own Shoe budget LOL 😂

But she still encourage me with my toy….and I do the same for her….if I was to take house money or saving….I’m sure she would be pissed and I would also be if she did.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:09 AM
smcharg

Hi guys,

Just a heads up, if you will. If you use the silver clevises that come with the airplane that have a pin and a keeper, be careful. I pulled my wing out of its Revoc bag and the one on my aileron servo must have snagged the bag and came off as well as the pin. I looked in the wing bag and both pin and keeper were in there so it definitely happened in the bag. When I put it back on, it was very easy to put on and take off. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and made it tighter again and put it back on. The more I thought about it, the more it bothered me. If it's that easy to bend those little keepers, that makes me very nervous.

I decided to swap out all 5 control surface pins (2 x ailerons, 2 x elevator, 1 x rudder) which all had those on them with a 3mm bolt, washers, and lock nut. The exchange is perfect and I'd say what little slop was there because of the pin is completely gone now. I'm not saying I didn't make a mistake but I just can't trust that little tiny keeper on a jet. Please look over your connections and make sure you're comfortable with what you have.

CARF's pins obviously work but if it can fall off in a wing bag, I'm out.
Skunkwrks (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 03:26 PM
Skunkwrks

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the poor quality of these clevises, like you I try to get all the slop out of any control arm to the surface. That means going through new clevises and seeing if they are any better .
CARF could have got a bad batch of not properly heat heated clevises . Which brand did your use, Dubro, Sullivan or some other brand?
I guess if tygon tube was over the clevis you wouldn't have seen it till be was too in flight.

Thanks for the head up.
Old 06-01-2022, 04:27 AM
smcharg

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
Thanks for the heads up on the poor quality of these clevises, like you I try to get all the slop out of any control arm to the surface. That means going through new clevises and seeing if they are any better .
CARF could have got a bad batch of not properly heat heated clevises . Which brand did your use, Dubro, Sullivan or some other brand?
I guess if tygon tube was over the clevis you wouldn't have seen it till be was too in flight.

Thanks for the head up.
To be clear, the clevises that I'm speaking of are from CARF. They weren't any other manufacturers. These clevises have a removable pin (also supplied by CARF) that goes through the servo arm and the clevis and then secured with a little C-clip. What I did was remove the pin and C-clip and ran the 3mm bolt through the existing clevis. I guess it's possible to use a bit of fuel line over the OEM assembly but the clevises don't have a catch on them so you still stand the chance of the fuel line slipping back and allowing the pin to come out.

Again, I'm not saying the design doesn't work. There are hundreds of Rebels out there and I've not found anyone else that ran into this (or at least brought it up). The point of the post was just to make sure everyone checks their connections and makes sure they are happy with it. If not, here's a potential fix.
Old 06-01-2022, 09:20 AM
Skunkwrks

Here's a links to Sullivan 3mm clevis with a safety clip, have found these to be very strong. Dubro doesn't make a 3mm metal clevis for our useage.
Sorry, Scott for any confusion and for clearing the air.

https://sullivanproducts.com/product...gold-n-clevis/
Old 06-01-2022, 09:35 AM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by smcharg
To be clear, the clevises that I'm speaking of are from CARF. They weren't any other manufacturers. These clevises have a removable pin (also supplied by CARF) that goes through the servo arm and the clevis and then secured with a little C-clip. What I did was remove the pin and C-clip and ran the 3mm bolt through the existing clevis. I guess it's possible to use a bit of fuel line over the OEM assembly but the clevises don't have a catch on them so you still stand the chance of the fuel line slipping back and allowing the pin to come out.

Again, I'm not saying the design doesn't work. There are hundreds of Rebels out there and I've not found anyone else that ran into this (or at least brought it up). The point of the post was just to make sure everyone checks their connections and makes sure they are happy with it. If not, here's a potential fix.
scared of the same thing happening I used ball links all around
Skunkwrks (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 07:01 PM
Skunkwrks

Originally Posted by Kenrico
scared of the same thing happening I used ball links all around
I always use a ball link on the servo arm on jets applications I like a clevis to the control arm as long as there isn't play in the clevis sleeve.

After looking at Max Pro thread they are talking about U shaped clevis that goes to the arm.
I will run a ball joint the arm and toss the clevis aside....

Last edited by Skunkwrks; 06-01-2022 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-09-2022, 04:52 PM
essyou35

Anyone fly without a powerbox or power distribution thing? Not sure I like powerbox sounds like there has been issues in the past and I dont need a gyro at all.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:19 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Issues with Powerbox?
Old 06-10-2022, 04:15 AM
smcharg

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Issues with Powerbox?
What he said. I adore my PB Competition SR2 with iGyro and GPS. All that just cuz, not that the jet needs it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.