Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Carf rebel pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Carf rebel pro

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 05:24 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by smcharg
Skunkwerks Yeah, I keep telling Jonathan to take a vacation down here to Texas so he can fly the Max. I've flown all the Rebel models save the Hot now and they all fly very close to one another. I have no issues so far with the wing nuts but the fuse is massive on the Max. I'm a big boy and that airplane makes me look like a normal sized human. It's very easy to get my entire arm in the fuse to tighten or loosen the wing nuts.

Dansy Those Seacraft nuts.....do they fit on the existing aluminum studs or are the stock ones not 6mm? PS - I'm just trying to save myself from pulling out the calipers.
‘I build the Pro a few years ago(not mine)…..but I’m pretty sure they are 6mm, and yes i didn’t replace the sock studs……
The following users liked this post:
smcharg (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 08:57 AM
Skunkwrks

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35
The nylon likes to cross thread. Im not a fan of the cheap hardware the rebel comes with but its a small negative. I plan to find an alternative to the nylon knobs.

Ill be flying mine this weekend finally. I only have 57 degrees of flaps but I think that is enough, can someone tell me what mm of down elevator I should start with when deploying flaps?
I measured 55 degrees in mine and landed great, I believe you can go to 60 degrees but yours stretching the range of the servo might have to use a 1.25" arm to get that travel..

I will be getting some metal nuts 6mm from Thunderbolt; I've used them before and are easy to grab with the tri design nut.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:02 AM
Skunkwrks

Scott here's what the bolts/nuts look like, they are very good quality.
Oh and from what Jonathan has on his build list to complete it doesn't look like he will be taking a vacation any time soon.

https://thunderboltrc.com/index.php?...oducts_id=1259
smcharg (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 09:11 AM
Skunkwrks

Default Carf RebelPro

here's a photo from Princeton,BC, no graas just sand and tumbleweeds
Kenrico (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 06:27 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Saturday here we go!

Old 09-29-2022, 09:20 AM
Skunkwrks

Remember to follow the set for some elevator trim on full flap, mine took 10 mm at 55 degrees flaps also I need some elevator trim with take-off flaps for slow fly-byes.

Besides that, it only required a half click of down elevator trim was straight and smooth. Enjoy your maiden it's a hotrodder of a Jet.
Old 10-01-2022, 06:37 PM
essyou35

No idea why this landing sucked. Got to fix the nose now

Old 10-01-2022, 07:06 PM
Dansy

I would way too fast for a rebel pro, and it seem the nose gear touch first that will always make it jump…….at the end simply stalled…
Old 10-01-2022, 07:37 PM
essyou35

I felt it was sinking too fast but that corn sucks. This thing flies too slow for me lol
Old 10-01-2022, 09:22 PM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

No idea why this landing sucked. Got to fix the nose now

https://youtu.be/za9FVKVct9E
was that the maiden? Hope you get it fix and back in the air, they land way easier than that. Sounds like when you applied that bit of power in the first flear you never went back to idle.
cheers man get it flying again!
Old 10-01-2022, 10:06 PM
essyou35

I concur. I was shocked I wasn't on the runway but a good idea to maiden in a crosswind. I think it distracted me

This jet must land like a foamy I was barely moving.

Repairs are finished it was easy to fix. Just need to get some paint.

Wish they had flex plates in this. May have to make some

Last edited by essyou35; 10-01-2022 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-02-2022, 04:10 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

I concur. I was shocked I wasn't on the runway but a good idea to maiden in a crosswind. I think it distracted me

This jet must land like a foamy I was barely moving.

Repairs are finished it was easy to fix. Just need to get some paint.

Wish they had flex plates in this. May have to make some
It really does.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:12 AM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

It sounded like it never went to idle . Do you use crow? I always use 10MM crow and 45% of flaps. The wind was not your friend . Sorry to see that. Dan
Old 10-08-2022, 09:13 AM
Skunkwrks

Had a couple more flights no the Pro at my home field, Blue skys temp 20c and little to no wind .

Even at 3400 ft /1036m the Rebel just jumps off a grass field with lots of speed, love how stable it is at low speeds it has great flight characteristics.

Question for Cortex demon users has anyone put a foam box around the gyro to prevent harmonics from interfering with the Cortex?

I'm getting some twitching of servos on full power very noticeable on the rudder been told that this is one of the issues with the cortex.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:01 AM
essyou35

I'm all fixed up damage was minimal. I believe the reason the noise cracked is because I have a 3800 3s life all the way up front. Not enough strength up there.

I don't think I'm going to fly this jet again. I'm putting in an order for a bolt. My brain will never be able to learn to land that slow and if it does it will ruin my jet skills.

I also live in an area of wind and this doesn't seem to be a wind plane.

I'm willing to sell it but I'm getting some paint first. Preferably empty airframe as the servos I used were so over kill I'd like to use them on something else.

I like jets that can land hot, stick to runway and I can slam on brakes if needed.

Last edited by essyou35; 10-08-2022 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:13 PM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm all fixed up damage was minimal. I believe the reason the noise cracked is because I have a 3800 3s life all the way up front. Not enough strength up there.

I don't think I'm going to fly this jet again. I'm putting in an order for a bolt. My brain will never be able to learn to land that slow and if it does it will ruin my jet skills.

I'm willing to sell it but I'm getting some paint first. Preferably empty airframe as the servos I used were so over kill I'd like to use them on something else.

I like jets that can land hot, stick to runway and I can slam on brakes if needed.
the pro can land faster too you just gotta know how. It’s an airframe with a very wide speed envelope. It can fly fast just as it can fly slow all depends on how you want to fly it!
Skunkwrks (10-09-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 12:39 PM
essyou35

Originally Posted by Kenrico
the pro can land faster too you just gotta know how. It’s an airframe with a very wide speed envelope. It can fly fast just as it can fly slow all depends on how you want to fly it!
I knew as soon as I got it id probably not like it. It's got the wing loading of a j3 cub and it's not going to land well in 20mph winds.

It's not fast at all with a 210 and honestly I'm suprised they don't recommend a 140.

this is not a jet flyers jet. It's a 3d guy or gliders guy jet. Yuck!
Old 10-08-2022, 12:58 PM
BarracudaHockey

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
Had a couple more flights no the Pro at my home field, Blue skys temp 20c and little to no wind .

Even at 3400 ft /1036m the Rebel just jumps off a grass field with lots of speed, love how stable it is at low speeds it has great flight characteristics.

Question for Cortex demon users has anyone put a foam box around the gyro to prevent harmonics from interfering with the Cortex?

I'm getting some twitching of servos on full power very noticeable on the rudder been told that this is one of the issues with the cortex.
Yes, and it usually manifests itself on the rudder. A foam box fixes the issue.

Its not just the cortex, any gyro/airframe/engine combination is susceptible to it.
Old 10-09-2022, 07:53 PM
Skunkwrks

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Yes, and it usually manifests itself on the rudder. A foam box fixes the issue.

Its not just the cortex, any gyro/airframe/engine combination is susceptible to it.
Thanks for verifiying what heard, so i will glue together a foam isolating box for the Cortex.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:03 PM
Skunkwrks

Lightbulb

From your video, it looks like you damage the landing gear and nose from the landing.

I have done the same type of landing with another jet which I had to do a major nose rebuild as the fibreglass was completely crushed .

If you don't stay with the plane as it lands, like neutralizing the elevator on touch down it will start to hop and bounce down the runway like a Mexican jumping bean.

Done it and spent hours fixing fiberglassing and painting up my mistake and yes it does shake a guy up, but it's not the plane's fault.

Best of luck with the fixing as those paints are very hard to match.

Last edited by Skunkwrks; 10-09-2022 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 01:09 PM
Racer686

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got my Rebel Pro on order and was looking at the CMJet combo tank and UAT (built in). Does anyone have any experience with this type of tank on any jet, how has it worked out? Also, is it of any concern to go to the 6L tank vs stock 5L tank?
Sorry, can't post the URL since I don't have enough posts yet.

Thanks,

Peter

Old 10-10-2022, 01:14 PM
BarracudaHockey

CMJets stuff is top quality.
chevronflyer (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 01:29 PM
Racer686

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I know they have good tanks in general, but what about their built in UAT? Experience with, reasons why it's the best design or worst is more of what I'm trying to get at.

Last edited by Racer686; 10-10-2022 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 01:31 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Racer686
I've got my Rebel Pro on order and was looking at the CMJet combo tank and UAT (built in). Does anyone have any experience with this type of tank on any jet, how has it worked out? Also, is it of any concern to go to the 6L tank vs stock 5L tank?
Sorry, can't post the URL since I don't have enough posts yet.

Thanks,

Peter
I have run 2 of these combo Tank/UAT from CMJets and they work fine…I do prefer external UAT, but only because I can see the fuel much more easily.

please clean up your post LOL

Last edited by Dansy; 10-10-2022 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:20 PM
essyou35

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
From your video, it looks like you damage the landing gear and nose from the landing.

I have done the same type of landing with another jet which I had to do a major nose rebuild as the fibreglass was completely crushed .

If you don't stay with the plane as it lands, like neutralizing the elevator on touch down it will start to hop and bounce down the runway like a Mexican jumping bean.

Done it and spent hours fixing fiberglassing and painting up my mistake and yes it does shake a guy up, but it's not the plane's fault.

Best of luck with the fixing as those paints are very hard to match.
No one blamed the jet. I've flown 1000s of turbine flights I simply landed it too fast. This is not a jet it's a glider. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it. But given it's hard to get rid of I'll just try it again but it's not good for the skills.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.