Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Carf rebel pro

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Carf rebel pro

Old 12-02-2022, 08:29 PM
Fagox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had this posted by mistake on Elite version , instead of Carf:
Here is my first Rebel Pro which is my 2nd, Carf jet (my first was Euro Sport, Still flying!) , had its maiden flight last week! after four flights, I've to the best jets I've ever had,.. very easy and fast built too.

Turbine Behotec 220
Radio Graupner MZ-32 with two double GR-24 receivers.
All Servos except Rudder and steerings are Futaba A700 (75kg) x6
MKS X5 (on rudder and stearing)x2
Powerbox Mercury
GPS III
Electron GS-200 Controller and ER-50 Retracts
Dry Weight including batteries: 36.5 Pounds

Old 12-04-2022, 03:18 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

boom.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:25 PM
essyou35

Old 12-04-2022, 03:27 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35

boom.
Sad to see…the one I build has tons of flights, wish I would have been closer…..I’m guessing flame out again??
Old 12-04-2022, 03:49 PM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35

boom.
damn! What happened? Sorry to see that man😓
Old 12-05-2022, 11:07 AM
Skunkwrks

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Sorry to see this carnage from any jet !

Have any idea as to what led up to this?
Old 12-05-2022, 01:26 PM
essyou35

This map shows where it went in, 2,222 feet away. I was definately on the other side of the road making my turn. It suddenly did a wonky inverted turn, I corrected it, then it started snapping, really fast and went in. I was not heavy on the elevator at all I was barely banked taking a wide turn. It snapped like a very heavy jet would under slow conditions, but this jet was moving for sure.

I have 4 ideas:
1) I took my radio apart, and I ENSURED the antenna is attached. I have done this before. I flew another plane and helicopter first and checked it out. I just checked it again just now, the antenna is attached inside. Note: Futuaba had issues with these coming unattached which is why I had it apart before to verify it. (16Iz)
2) The wifi from the houses over there got me
3) something mechanically gave out probably related to the flamouts and gear up landings I had.
4) Just a regular radio glitch, one of those things that happens. Or someone used a drone gun on it lol

I never felt I lost connection of the jet, I seemed to be able to affect it all the way in. But snapping that far away its not going to end well. The rolls were very fast like full aileron deflection on high rates.

Fire department had to come.

Ill get my radio out there again try an edf way out there see if it is a range issue but I highly doubt it.

A final thought. I dont own a $500k-1M house nor do I have a multi thousand dollar camper. I towed my jet around in a kia. I think my jet was embarrassed and wanted to die. Ill stick with my cheaper jets from now on!
Its no big deal ,the 11k was lost the moment I spent it, not yesterday. I can afford it and have 3 more jets on tap for next year!
"If you cant light the money on fire, dont buy a jet!" -Dave Ramsey

Old 12-05-2022, 01:52 PM
Skunkwrks

Does your radio have any telemetry? So you can view the signal strength, battery draw if you had a locked servo, antenna strength, and amp draw that would show servo demand .
These would help piece back what caused the Jet to spin madly out of control. I would want to know as it might be something that can be corrected or avoided in the next plane or setup.
These types of crashes can haunt a person, and you can lose faith in your equipment.
Two minutes silence for the Rebel Pro
Old 12-05-2022, 01:59 PM
essyou35

Unfortunately I never hooked up the telemetry. I did correct the first roll and it was fine for a second then did a bunch of rolls, so it was not a locked servo. It had to be radio interference it really the likely culprit. This radio I have is new to me and I have only have a few flights on it. My older futaba never had even a single hiccup.

Ill have to fly some edf and test it out good and see if it repeats. I had this issue with a spektrum radio years ago and lost several planes.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:17 PM
Skunkwrks

Then if it's a Futaba it should telemetry, I know they and Jr and a little behind others like PowerBox and Jeti with Telemetry.
If you had Data recorded, then it would show when the signal was lost and for how long. I guess you didnt have it in fail safe mode to shut off the engine when the signal is lost.
Looks like it had height altitude to push the starter into the turbine electronics.
Seen this fall a Sabre 1:5 scale lost signal and crashed into the runway into 50 feet runway. Massive destruction with fire across the runway, but his engine wasn't as damaged as yours is. Weird
Just two garage bags of debris, very sad no one flew for thirty minutes.

You need to know.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:48 PM
essyou35

Like I said I think it was interference in the sense of multiple surfaces deflected. I always have failsafe set.

i wanted to buy a jeti core for this season but they are out of stock. I think I'll get I've before I fly again. This radio is new to me and maybe not trustworthy...
Old 12-05-2022, 06:46 PM
Skunkwrks

So there Aeropanda website, they will have get if they don't have it.

They always have Powerbox and Jeti equipment unless you order through Thunderbolt R/C, which only carries a limited stock of just about everything.

Something doesn't sound correct here.

My field is 1km away from two 600-foot antennas that output the 2.4 G frequency for cells, there's been interference but we still manage to get through it there's been a

couple planes lost from frequency interference mainly because they haven't used the best version available to combat this issue, you know old guys don't update stuff.

Your photo doesn't show any kinda towers that would smack your plane around. facts, sorry.

Last edited by Skunkwrks; 12-05-2022 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2022, 07:17 PM
Skunkwrks

My other fellow pilot flies Futaba and he gets radio hits all the time with a 2year old 32MZ tx but doesn't lose control at our field.
It could be with the receiver as they have had issues with some but like other radios, manufacturers have worked around the issues.
My friend lost two planes in two weeks a few years ago, really shakes your confidence in your equipment.
Yes,he is sponsored by Futaba for the last ten years if not longer.....so **** happens...
Old 12-05-2022, 07:18 PM
essyou35

Ok dude you can shut up now. All there is, is speculation, no need to rub my face in it and act like I took a shortcut. The 16zi is a good radio, I flew on an 8fg and later a 14sg for years.

I'm sure people have issues with core as well they are probably more silent.

I'm out.
Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
So there Aeropanda website, they will have get if they don't have it.

They always have Powerbox and Jeti equipment unless you order through Thunderbolt R/C, which only carries a limited stock of just about everything.

Before throwing $11,000 away again, get an excellent radio before so that this doesn't happen again and you can find the issue with your gear.

So if it was interference it should have gone to fail safe, were the servo won't move until it gets back in contact with the TX..

Something doesn't sound correct here.

My field is 1km away from two 600-foot antennas that output the 2.4 G frequency for cells, there's been interference but we still manage to get through it there's been a

couple planes lost from frequency interference mainly because they haven't used the best version available to combat this issue, you know old guys don't update stuff.

Your photo does show any kinda towers that would smack your plane around. Not getting all the facts, sorry.
The following users liked this post:
Skunkwrks (12-05-2022)
Old 12-05-2022, 07:39 PM
Skunkwrks

Oh yes I fly Jeti, but Core is extremely good as well...........you air your dirty laundry about your radio ..hmmm.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:50 PM
essyou35

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
Oh yes I fly Jeti, but Core is extremely good as well...........you air your dirty laundry about your radio ..hmmm.
I didn't knock my radio. I'm just saying it's a possible cause as I've only recently started using it. Reading comprehension much?
Old 12-05-2022, 07:55 PM
essyou35

Just wanted to point out what a dbag this guy is. As if I'm looking for sympathy. I've taken all advice such as using viton. Clear line. New clunk. Purging uat, mounting it at 45 degree angle etc etc. What advice did I miss??

Old 12-05-2022, 08:00 PM
essyou35

Apparently skunkworks knows what caused my crash! Not radio interference per his expertise.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:53 PM
Skunkwrks

Originally Posted by Canadian Man
If this was my aircraft and I was having the issues you were having here is what my next step would be.

1. Have a helper to hold the aircraft for you on the ground.
2. with a full tank start the aircraft. Once started, have the throttle set to maybe 1/2 throttle.
3. Start from the UAT to PUMP line moving and wiggling the fuel lines and do this all the way to the turbine. you have demonstrated that it's not from the UAT Back.
4. I would start off just moving the lines in all orientations/directions.
5. if that doesn't do it get a bit more aggressive with the lines and fittings to see if you get air sucking in anywhere.

My thoughts behind this process. Maybe there is a small cut line or pin hole in the feed lines before the pump. They seal while sitting there and normal running but maybe in the right tubing movement or aircraft orientation it opens up and allows air to suck in. Same with the fittings on these lines.
IF this has been suggested already in the past few pages, I apologize, I did not read every last word, I just scanned through the pictures and read a bit about your flameout issues.
Again, if this was my aircraft this is what I would do.

Jonathan.
As noted
Old 12-05-2022, 09:13 PM
essyou35

Did all of that. As expressed. Unable to reproduce on ground
Old 12-06-2022, 04:00 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Even with full telemetry, sometime (like most of the times)it’s extremely hard to pin point the exact cause……since you can’t really duplicate with another planes….too many differences.

Sad, and yes only fly jets you can afford to loose in a seconds….it happen to all of us.
The following 3 users liked this post by Dansy:
Canadian Man (12-06-2022), essyou35 (12-06-2022), Skunkwrks (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 08:19 AM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

The following 4 users liked this post by sewbusy:
bodywerks (04-06-2023), Canadian Man (12-06-2022), RickP (12-13-2022), Skunkwrks (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 08:20 AM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

If we can take a step back, breathe deeply, and realize the real purpose of these forums, then we may understand that we all have the love of flying model aircraft.

This particular forum (and Scott’s Rebel MAX) has indeed interested not only myself, but many others, who have or are contemplating getting a Rebel. It is NOT in our combined best interest to create animosity where this “vehicle” is supposed to impart usable knowledge. Let us continue on a track where information flows and unneeded diversions take a back seat.
The following 4 users liked this post by sewbusy:
Canadian Man (12-06-2022), RickP (12-13-2022), Skunkwrks (12-06-2022), smcharg (12-19-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 09:27 AM
essyou35

If a mistake was made it would be this:
Flying a new big jet with a new radio. I should have flown some bigger edf way out with the radio for a season before switching over. Im not here for pitty, Im not here to teach anyone, just simply sharing my experiences. Im a little embarrassed the fire department had to come but they were happy to do it, a small town had something to do finally. It landed in an area that is burned off every spring anyways so the firebreaks are already set. However it was scary close to a house which got me thinking.
Canadian Man (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 09:31 AM
essyou35

I wasnt really that happy storing it, my new f86 will go up there and I think Ill be happier. But wish I could have avoided the whole thing. Ill get a new radio but Ill never know if that was the issue
Dansy (12-06-2022)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.