Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Servo reversers

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Servo reversers

Old 11-09-2020, 12:48 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo reversers

Hi there

I am getting into turbine jets and Iíve never used servo reversers in any of my models in the past. My receivers have 9 Channels and can get my two jets working on this but with about 3 servo reversers for the flaps, rudders and elevators.

i am extremely nervous using these and wondering if I should be at all?

how many of you guys use this on jets and if u do, what brand u guys generally buy that I can trust?
Old 11-09-2020, 12:55 PM
Len Todd

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just get programmable servos. IMHO having another potential single point of failure is NOT desirable, let alone three!
Old 11-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have used servo reversers and never had any problems - but I must admit the last time was probably 20 years ago. I only use the latest and best technology in my turbine models - no need therefore to use servo reversers as servos are easily reversed with various programming options being available on the servos themselves, power distribution systems and transmitters.

JanR
Old 11-09-2020, 01:43 PM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I needed them, JR matchboxes were the ones I would use. They always pop up in the classifieds. I have like 20 lying around
Old 11-09-2020, 01:53 PM
[email protected]

Default With

Thanks for the responses.

my dilemma: I fly lots of 3D helis and moved all of them over to vbar neos. This system is amazing, donít need a separate gyro either as itís built in

i can do all my mixing etc on this BUT the receiver Itself is limited to 9 servo ports.

without having to change radios or get another, I want to fly my 8-12kg powered jets on this system.

The servo reversers simply change the signal to the servo, and was hoping enough guys on here still using these with success and zero failures on them.

No ways will I buy one of these from Banggood or some cheap 1dollar special. So was hoping someone could tell me they still using them and zero issues to use them on 3000 dollar plus jets. (To just reverse one servo signal here and there)

if any of u are, let me know what u guys using.

the plane I bought from some gentleman already had these servo reversers on his One flap and One aileron and rudder servo on his f18.m and the guys telling me itís good to go as is. Just wanted more opinions. Thank u!

so on my f18 receiver on spare channel

1. Throttle

2. Aileron - one y lead with servo reverser

3. elevator

4. rudder - one y lead with one servo reverser and nose gear

5. spare - mixed second elevator servo

6. Spare - prog box for Retracts and Gears

7. aux1 - mixed with flaps
8. Aux2 - mixed with flaps
9. Aux3 - breaks

basiclly can fly With m using only twonservo reversers, but then I got no features for other stuff like a smoke system..

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-09-2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:54 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Welcome!

And yeah, no.

Time to upgrade your radio equipment.

Like Jack says above, matchbox if you have to.

Or hitec makes programmable servos that can be reversed.
Old 11-09-2020, 03:09 PM
FlyJ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're looking for a modern servo reverse, use the powerbox micromatch. I've used a ton of these and they're incredibly easy to setup and they allow you to reverse and also servo match two channels. I'd also recommend getting the bluetooth attachment so you can do it all from your phone!

Micro match: https://www.towerhobbies.com/product...AaAhDuEALw_wcB
Bluetooth adapter: https://www.towerhobbies.com/product...saAgWREALw_wcB
Old 11-09-2020, 03:10 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (47)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why not just get some reversed servos? If the servos you're using are not available reversed, then you can reverse the ones you have by switching the pot wires. It seems that would be a better alternative to adding additional components that could potentially fail.

Alternatively is it possible to reverse some linkages or remount some servos? In most planes I've seen it's not necessary to reverse an aileron or dual rudder servo.

Last edited by joeflyer; 11-09-2020 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 03:10 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The only reverser I would trust would be from Electrodynamics. Andyís stuff is absolutely top notch.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:58 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

I got away flying jets with only a 9 chl radio, then I got me a 10 chl radio and I was able to use smoke in my Boomeramg XL, it went this way, Ail two chls, Elev one chl ( 2 servos in a Y ) Rudd one chl ( 2 servos in Y ) Throttle, Flaps two chls, Gear, Brakes, Smoke, the last two chls were none proportional, I could only reverse them, lately, before I got my Jeti radio I was changing some of the analog servos for digitals ones and was reprograming them to what they were needed for, it is best not to use a reverser, some analog servos don't like them, like the HS645s, if when you push the rudder to the left the steering servo goes to the right then change the servo with a Futaba servo they rotate the opposite way ( no need for a reverser there ) you can also use one servo to drive the retract valve and the brakes ( one servo only ) tricky but possible.

Last edited by CARS II; 11-09-2020 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:24 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Every reversing lead i ever used has failed at some point. I went to buying reverse servos (JR used to sell any of their servos reversed as well not sure about other manufactures). Match boxes are great for reversing and matching servos but its really best to have a radio and receiver that meet your needs.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:39 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Make sure you are setting up your radio properly if you have a decent radio, and you won't need them
Old 11-10-2020, 12:11 AM
cmjets

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi, I use PowerBox. simple of program and very nice product.

https://www.powerbox-systems.com/pro...icromatch.html

BR from Spain.
Carlos
CMJETS.com
Old 11-10-2020, 12:42 AM
[email protected]

Thanks everyone, removing all the servo reversers from this jet and will install a powerbox professional to do the mixing. I just found out this is the ultimate solution for my high voltage servos and will work great..