Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet flying in the Boise area?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet flying in the Boise area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 08:48 PM
ozief16
My Feedback: (13)

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Jet flying in the Boise area?

My wife and I are considering our next move and one of my criteria is the ability to fly model jets. I’m spoiled here with a great field (700’ paved) and a great group of guys. Boise is on our list of places to check out so I’m asking the collective...

Thanks
Dave
Old 04-29-2021, 10:01 AM
ozief16

I’m just bumping this back up hoping for someone to chime in!

thanks
Dave
The following users liked this post:
yeahbaby (04-29-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 01:14 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ozief16
I’m just bumping this back up hoping for someone to chime in!

thanks
Dave
Only seen photos of the Boise club field taken by friends who would go up there occasionally; I cannot say I'd recommend it at all let alone Turbines. Nampa which is about ten miles or so west of Boise and it's gorgeous with both grass and paved runways. The grass could pass for a golf course, but I doubt they'll let Turbines on the field. It sits on a bluff above a golf course and there's a trailer court you have to drive through to get to the field.

I cannot remember the club's name, only been there once for a Scale Master's regional meet. Do a bit of searching with the city name and see what you come up with would be my suggestion.
Old 04-29-2021, 08:12 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Check out Coeur D’Alene ID, there is a club by Silverwood theme park in Athol on the east side of the highway 95, 100 plus acres with a huge smooth grass runway. They allow jets too. The runway is 800 feet by 100 and has clear open space all around to fly.
This area is the most popular in the country right now.
I’m a real estate agent here so if you need help finding a house let me know!

Last edited by Chris Nicastro; 04-29-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:27 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Yea gods, Coeur D’Alene ID? He didn't say he really wanted to be a Canuck......lol....
Old 04-30-2021, 04:16 AM
ozief16

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I found the Nampa and Barks fields. 500’ at Barks would do it of course. Hoping a local will pop on and say “yup, turbines no problem” or the other side;(

chris we’ve looked at that area casually as well. I’ll give you a ring if we get up there. Thank yoh

Davs
Chris Nicastro (05-01-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 05:11 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

I hear there are some nice flying fields in Georgia and Texas Lil fella. Easy commute to the mothership in Atlanta. Real estate is crazy in both though.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:33 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Southern Indiana is not to bad either!
yeahbaby (04-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 09:40 PM
Skunkwrks

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Chris, I have flown there a couple of time with Imac aircraft and the issue is you can easily overfly the highway and would a lot easier with a jet aircraft.

Definitely a great field with irrigation and a lush runway.

Zeeb I never want to be a Yankie but I feel like one when I'm down there.....Lol.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:11 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

I've done my research and by far, hands down, the Dallas area has the most jet friendly flying fields, all within abou 1 hr or less from Downtown Dallas.
yeahbaby (05-01-2021)
Old 05-01-2021, 11:29 AM
ozief16

Just to trap the data while it’s in my mind:
I looked at the Nampa and BARKS fields today

Nampa is a beautiful field that shares with a golf course and it shows. Beautiful grass and a nice paved runway. It appears rhat there’s a housing subdivision about 1/2 mi north. I’m talking to some folks they say the field is very noise sensitive and not turbine friendly

the BARKS field has a nice paved runway and is in the middle of nowhere. I pulled up to see a gentleman with a Boomerang out on the table. He says very turbine friendly but he’s about the only one doing it currently

he also suggested I check out Parma field about 20mi west of town. He said also turbine friendly but that’s where expansion is going. I’ll have to check that next time

thanks for all the help
yeahbaby (05-01-2021)
Old 05-01-2021, 05:11 PM
Chris Nicastro

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
Chris, I have flown there a couple of time with Imac aircraft and the issue is you can easily overfly the highway and would a lot easier with a jet aircraft.

Definitely a great field with irrigation and a lush runway.

Zeeb I never want to be a Yankie but I feel like one when I'm down there.....Lol.
Ive flown there many times and if your flying over HWY 95 that’s like over half a mile away!! I fly large war birds there and soon jets too.
Maybe you’re thinking of the CAMS club field that had HWY 41 to the west and yes you could easily fly over the highway. Sadly, that location and club have been lost to development of the highway. We had the club for 28 years! Last photo at the field before it was demolished.

CAMS runway looking N-NE

Old 05-01-2021, 05:14 PM
Chris Nicastro

Originally Posted by ozief16
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I found the Nampa and Barks fields. 500’ at Barks would do it of course. Hoping a local will pop on and say “yup, turbines no problem” or the other side;(

chris we’ve looked at that area casually as well. I’ll give you a ring if we get up there. Thank yoh

Davs
Yes please do! I hope you do so we have another jet guy up here!
Old 05-02-2021, 08:10 PM
pulsar110
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fly at BARKS. Jets are welcome most of the time. By that I mean in the deep heat of summer with dry cheat grass extra care is needed. Normal ops are fine but if one has a mishap it's on like Donkey Kong for the fire guys. I don't have a turbine these days but would like to again. The Nampa club would be tough to have turbines, they have noise restrictions. I haven't been to the Parma field but they hold jet rallys there. BARKS has a wide range of folks flying there. Iv been a member for 2 years and get along with pretty much everyone.
Hope this helps.