Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Michigan Jet Rally June 10-13, 2021

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Michigan Jet Rally June 10-13, 2021

Old 11-26-2020, 06:36 AM
Len Todd

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Michigan Jet Rally June 10-13, 2021

The Michigan Jet Rally is scheduled for June 10-13, 2021 at the Baldwin RC Park in Baldwin, MI.

Generally, we try to do maidens and test flights on Thursdays, when there are not a lot of spectators around. The main events are Friday and Saturday. However, if the weather is favorable, several folks also stay over to fly Sunday mornings. We still do maidens and tests all weekend. We also do LTMA1 certifications throughout the event.

The Baldwin RC Park has a 3800' runway with the sun to your back all day. Onsite camping is allowed. Motels & full service campgrounds are within 1 mile.

We ran all 6 of our 2020 events w/o any problems with Covid! We have the necessary mitigation strategy figured out! So, please feel free to come join our jet guy family.

Here is a link to a video that shows what we do at the Baldwin RC Park:

Here is a link to our website. We are working on the event fliers for our 5 annual events which will be posted soon.

On a side note: To avoid conflicts in the Midwest Region, The Michigan Jet Pilot's Boondoggle has been moved back a week to August 19-22, 2021.

For more information, please feel free to contact [email protected].

Last edited by Len Todd; 11-26-2020 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:00 PM
egldriver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

already planning to attend both events

already planning on attending both Baldwin events. great events Len
Old 11-28-2020, 10:55 PM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Erin and I will absolutely be there!
Len and his crew always host wonderful events.

highly recommended.

Anthony
Old 02-17-2021, 12:07 PM
Len Todd

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Midwest Jet Pilot's "Spring Fling"

Just in case you did not get the memo, we changed the name of the "Michigan Jet Rally" to the "Midwest Jet Pilot's Spring Fling" A.K.A. "Spring Fling."

Looks like we have Gator RC bringing their wares to the event. That will be a nice addition to the flightline. We have several folks that are flying their planes.

We also have added a couple new sponsors who are contributing to our Pilot's Raffle. I am already receiving some nice stuff for the raffle.

Also, if you are coming, you may want to consider getting any required motel reservations made soon. The better motels get booked up quickly. The Outdoor Inn and the Baldwin Creek Lodge are the best places to stay. There are other places too. If you can't get in our two sponsors' motels, please feel free to give me a call or email. I can get you pointed in the right direction.

If the COVID has you bummed out, maybe this video will get your blood pumpin' again: