Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First In Flight Jets May 26-30, 2021

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First In Flight Jets May 26-30, 2021

Old 03-18-2021, 04:14 AM
ifly3d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-22-2021, 08:09 AM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Update on tents!
All 30X30 rental tents have been claimed. (store site notes Out of Stock)
We have a few 20X20 rental tents left.
Once the remaining 20s are rented rented, you will need to contact me directly via email or phone for possible tent rental needs. Our tent vendor says he will try to accommodate our needs but tent will be a different size. (ex,20x30)
If we have any cancellations on currently rented tents, I will notify you guys through this post and our FB page.
At this point, the pit row (paved area) is full. Remaining tents will be located parallel to runway. Grass will be cut very short in front of those tents allowing jets to easily roll to start up area.

It's gonna be a big year from the looks of it! Florida Jets just pulled off another great event. I think ALL of us are ready to get back to what we love doing. Burning some Jet-A and hanging out with our buddies. We'll update you again soon as we get closer, to including a special charity auction we are planning to do.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:42 AM
ifly3d

Old 03-23-2021, 07:41 AM
RC Larry-RCU

And there you have it! the official 2021 First in Flight T-Shirt design! You can order yours through the FIF website. We'll have some extras at the event. First come first serve. Cost $20.00. Sorry, no shipping.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:40 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Who'da thought it? Still 8 weeks to go and we have a Sold Out House with tents already!!! We have literally cleaned the tent vendor out ! All tents are rented at this time, but I spoke with the tent vendor this morning and he is working on getting additional tents for the event. Once I have sizes and prices we will post that info on our FB page/ FIF website. Available tents will be added to the registration page. No waiting list at this time as I do not know details on tents yet.
It's looking to be the biggest year ever! At this point we are not inviting the general public (spectators) but that could possibly change. It all depends on our states Governor and the restrictions that lie in place at that time. As for us, we are cleared to bring as many pilots as we like along with family, crew members, staff and vendors. You can even bring your dog! Speaking of Vendors, we have BVM, JRPROPO,CRX Turbines, Boomerang R/C, Gator R/C, Electron Retracts and Dream Works R/C on the line, so I'd be getting my shopping list together if I were you!!!
As posted above, the 2021 T-Shirt design features the awesome A-10 this year. You can order yours now through our website. $20.00 ea. Pre-order to insure we have your size when you arrive. You will receive at registration desk when you sign in. Sorry,,,No Shipping available. Pick up at event only.
The following users liked this post:
fmrsdtr (03-26-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 09:43 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Larry.
AeroPanda, Jet Central, MKS, and bavarianDEMON will be there too!
Viper1GJ (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 11:18 PM
LA jetguy

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
Hey Larry.
”Plane Crazy” pilots from LA look forward to be in Aeropanda tent

Bob_B (03-24-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 04:55 AM
ifly3d

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
Hey Larry.
Originally Posted by LA jetguy View Post
”Plane Crazy” pilots from LA look forward to be in Aeropanda tent

Hey, Guys at this time we DO NOT have you down for a tent rental. Some one needs to get up with Larry ASAP. I think all the tents have been rented out. If you are palnning on doing a popup tent keep in mind those spots are first come first serve.

Thanks Josh
Old 03-25-2021, 09:29 PM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by ifly3d View Post
Hey, Guys at this time we DO NOT have you down for a tent rental. Some one needs to get up with Larry ASAP. I think all the tents have been rented out. If you are palnning on doing a popup tent keep in mind those spots are first come first serve.

Thanks Josh
I believe Manny from aeropanda has organized that ...

David
Old 03-26-2021, 04:02 AM
ifly3d

Originally Posted by LA jetguy View Post
I believe Manny from aeropanda has organized that ...

David
David, We got it all taken care of yesterday. We will see you guys in 8 weeks !!!!!!!!!

Thanks Josh
Old 03-26-2021, 12:06 PM
RC Larry-RCU

It just keeps getting better! Registrations are rolling in fast! Vendor Row is filling up!!! We already have an awesome line up of vendors committed to coming. Brandon will be adding all of these vendors to our new Vendors Tab very soon so that we can proudly display their company logo and product information. Be sure and check them out. We'll also be updating our Sponsors Tab in the coming days. If you'd like to sponsor FIF in any way, feel free to contact myself, Josh Bunn or our web master Brandon Stussie. And please, take time to thank these sponsors when you see them at our event or online. They play a huge role in taking all of our jet events across the country to a higher level.

Jet Central
Dream Works RC
Aero Panda
Bob Violet Models
Boomerang RC
Bavarian Demon
Electron T=retracts,/ JAG RC
CRX Turbines
Gator RC
JRPROPO
Nirly Built

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 03-26-2021 at 12:17 PM.
fmrsdtr (03-28-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 09:37 PM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by ifly3d View Post
David, We got it all taken care of yesterday. We will see you guys in 8 weeks !!!!!!!!!

Thanks Josh
Awesome ... Thank you

David
Old 03-28-2021, 04:55 PM
fmrsdtr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RC Larry-RCU View Post
It just keeps getting better! Registrations are rolling in fast! Vendor Row is filling up!!! We already have an awesome line up of vendors committed to coming. Brandon will be adding all of these vendors to our new Vendors Tab very soon so that we can proudly display their company logo and product information. Be sure and check them out. We'll also be updating our Sponsors Tab in the coming days. If you'd like to sponsor FIF in any way, feel free to contact myself, Josh Bunn or our web master Brandon Stussie. And please, take time to thank these sponsors when you see them at our event or online. They play a huge role in taking all of our jet events across the country to a higher level.

Jet Central
Dream Works RC
Aero Panda
Bob Violet Models
Boomerang RC
Bavarian Demon
Electron T=retracts,/ JAG RC
CRX Turbines
Gator RC
JRPROPO
Nirly Built
Awesome list of vendors! Just wanted to give a heads up that if you need any Electron gear, please contact Greg at least three weeks before FIF: [email protected]. It will need to be ordered and shipped from Spain in time for it to arrive here, and we are also leaving for the East Coast the Friday before FIF begins (5/21). We will not have complete sets or combos with us unless they’ve been ordered; only parts and controllers.

Looking forward to it!
ifly3d (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 04:23 AM
ifly3d

Old 04-02-2021, 04:43 AM
ifly3d

Old 04-12-2021, 06:49 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Hey fellas,
Just wanted to jump in and tell you we'll be taking T-Shirt orders until May10th. Ordering ahead of time guarantees you a shirt in your size. We will have some extras on hand at the event, but its first come first serve. This years shirt features the awesome A-10 ! Just go to our website and click on the T-Shirt option. Note there are Long Sleeve shirts available as well.

Everything is still on GO. Looking very promising we'll be letting all AMA members in for spectating. Still no call on public attendees but we will keep on eye on it.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:14 AM
RC Larry-RCU

OK Folks,
Thought it was time to jump in with a quick update regarding FIF 2021. It's looking to be a great year for flying and it's so good to see pilots getting back out. Both Florida Jets and Top Gun had a great turn out and pulled off an awesome event as always. Hats off to the staff and club members that are keeping those events going in Franks honor. With those events now in the record books it's time to fill the North Carolina skies with jets and the smell of jet fuel! We're only 3 weeks out from the event and and we're really excited. With that I thought I would bring everyone up to speed on a few things and share a couple of things were excited to share. First on the list is something we had planned for last year but covid-19 held us off. As all of you know we lost some very influential members of the jet family last year. Three in particular just ahead of our planned 2020 FIF event. Bob. Violett, Andy Kane and Bill Hatcher. All well known in the hobby for their various contributions and building skills. 2021 will not be the same without these guys on our flight lines and we wanted to do something to remember them all. With that said I will start with Bob Violett. No question about it, Bob probably did more than anyone we knew to promote the world of model jet flying, quality products, amazing product support and taking our hobby to a higher level. Bob also supported and attended First in Flight from it's very first event in 2010 until his passing. Bob offered his encouragement to all of our staff and on the very first event said that First in Flight would be a big success and had all the elements to keep it going. That meant a lot to all of us, and as usual, Bob was right. With that in mind we wanted to do something special in Bobs memory that would carry for years to come. As all of you know, FIF only presents 7 or 8 awards each year but one carries a bit more meaning to us. That being the First in Flight "Wright Stuff" Award. It is our top award given each year to a very worthy recipient based on many different attributes of that person. So with that said and with the blessings of BVM family we would like to change the FIF Wright Stuff Award to now reflect Bob Violetts name on it. It's only fitting to have the jet worlds top guy on our top award.

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 05-03-2021 at 06:17 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RC Larry-RCU:
drfred58809 (05-03-2021), fmrsdtr (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 06:59 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Next I wanted to share another special item we plan to do at this years event. I think ALL of us knew "Mr. Personality" Andy Kane and there is no doubt, when people saw Andy walking up they always got a smile on their face. That is,,,,,,unless Andy walked up on you from behind and pulled off one of his "Gotcha" maneuvers!!!!!! I know all of us will miss seeing our big buddy on the flight line with those signature flip up sun glasses and his big smile. Andy had many close friends in his life and the hobby. One of which was Bill Hatcher. Andy and Bill had collaborated together on several builds over the years. As many of you know, the quality of those models were always top level and performed amazingly. Sadly we lost both Andy and Bill just weeks apart in 2020. But before their passing Andy and Bill had pulled off yet another awesome build. This time it was the Comp ARF Goshawk, 1:5.3. This plane is a new build, never flown and RTF turn key jet. As with all their builds the workmanship is top notch. This plane was acquired through one of Andy's many friends for a very reasonable price after his passing and has been offered up to us for a special purpose at FIF 2021. We all know that Andy loved his family, friends, and he loved the hobby. But Andy also loved something more important than the hobby. That being Kids! Like most of us, Andy still had a lot of kid left in him, so it only made it that much easier to relate to them. With said here there is another special thing we plan to do at this years event. The model pictured below will be auctioned at this years pilot banquet on Saturday night. There will be a reserve price to cover the initial cost, but once reached every dime received above that reserve will be donated to a children's charity organization. That organization being the Victory Junction Camp in Randleman NC. It's an absolutely amazing place for kids with disabilities or serious life illnesses. Take a few minutes to visit their website at https://victoryjunction.org. We're hoping to raise a generous amount to donate to the VJC and the the donation itself will be in the honor and names of Andy Kane, Bill Hatcher and the City of Wilson NC. It's a beautifully build plane folks and we know you will be impressed with it. Check out some of these pics

fmrsdtr (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 07:02 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Old 05-03-2021, 07:12 AM
RC Larry-RCU

It's going to be a great year from the looks of things. We already have over 100 pre-registered pilots. Literally sold out of tents, and have more vendors coming than any past FIF event to date. Jet Central will be donating yet another awesome turbine to the event and we'll be putting that up for auction on Saturday night. They have been a great sponsor through the years and we cant thank them enough for their support. Plans have been made to have parkers BBQ cater the banquet, and I know that Beef Masters is anxiously awaiting for you you guys to fill the parking lot again this year!! We're really excited folks, and cant wait to see you all again in just a few weeks. As always, if you have any questions about FIF or want info on how you can support the event in sponsorship, just visit our website or call/text/email me. See y'all soon!

www.firstinflightjets.com
Old 05-04-2021, 04:13 AM
ifly3d

your view out front.

your view to the right

This is your view from the pilots stations

looking left from pilot stations.

Looking out front from pilot stations.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:33 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Hey fellas.
Just a heads up. T-Shirt orders on website will be shut down on Monday, May 10th. Many of you have already placed the order with size. Anyone wanting to purchase a 2021 FIF event shirt can simply go to our web site and purchase through the online shopping cart. Short sleeve and long sleeve options are listed. Shirts will be on hand at event registration tent. You will receive at time of sign in. Note: No deliveries or shipping available.