Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First In Flight Jets May 26-30, 2021

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First In Flight Jets May 26-30, 2021

Old 05-20-2021, 04:09 AM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Great News.
New vendor added to list. Warbird Pilots will be on site with many of their awesome products. Look for them on vendor row. They have also graciously donated product to the event.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:45 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Final grass cutting this Friday guys! Tent guy starts erecting Saturday morning @ 6:30 AM. So many tents it'll take 3+ days to get them all up. Big thanks to Gronna Jones and City of Wilson for letting him out a day earlier than normal to get started. Registrations still rolling in!!! Online pre-registration shuts down Saturday but will continue at event Wed-Sun. Same price. So far we have a dozen vendors attending! Thrilled to have them all. Bring your check books and debit cards to stock up on goodies.. Don't worry,,,we wont tell your wifes!

Big thank you to the awesome list of people that have graciously offered to sponsor FIF with product and support. All of these awesome sponsors came to us unsolicited and offered to support the event. We are extremely grateful for their support in making this event a great one for all. Please take time to look at our website Sponsors Page, and thank them personally when you see them. Anyone wishing to sponsor the event, just give us a call.

Jet Central Auction Turbine. Product
Dreamworks RC Category awards, Product
AeroPanda Product
Bavarian Demon Product
Power Box Systems Product
JR Propo Product
Warbird Pilots Product
City of Wilson Venue, Event Support
Jimmy Morgan Event carts
JPO Award
"Friends of Mike Saleeby" Award

Also, a big thank you to those that have contributed to our Saturday Night Pilots banquet through our web-site page.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:21 AM
fmrsdtr

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
[QUOTE=Bring your check books and debit cards to stock up on goodies.. Don't worry,,,we wont tell your wifes! [/QUOTE]

He can't hide it from me. I already know! See you all there!
The following 2 users liked this post by fmrsdtr:
Dansy (05-20-2021), ifly3d (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 03:41 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by fmrsdtr
He can't hide it from me. I already know! See you all there!
LOLOLOLO,,,,,, Same situation in my house! All the secrets came out when my wife started flying RC herself.
Old 05-20-2021, 05:14 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by RC Larry-RCU
LOLOLOLO,,,,,, Same situation in my house! All the secrets came out when my wife started flying RC herself.
‘The reason I have my own budget she can’t say a word……not that it stop her….. 😬
Old 06-01-2021, 03:25 AM
fmrsdtr

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Good morning, everyone!

First of all, Greg and I want to thank Larry, Josh, and all of the FIF crew for the outstanding job they did with this event! It was so great to see everyone after so long, and even through the extreme heat, we had a blast and will be back next year! We also want to thank everyone for nominating Greg for the Bob Violett Wright Stuff Award. Wow... very unexpected, but he is extremely honored and it's already displayed in prominence in the office.

Here is a link to my photos on Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVS8Fhw.

There are a lot--nearly 2700--I couldn't pick just a few ! When I have the time, I do plan on posting a few of them with a public link on my Facebook account to share on social media (and will share the link on the FIF Facebook page as well). The Flickr photos are locked down so that they can't be downloaded, but feel free to send me a message with your email and the photo file number and I'll gladly send the original/full-size photo to you. I only ask that you do not screenshot or take out my watermark on the photos and do not use them outside of Flickr or social media without permission or giving me credit (such as in an advertisement, promotion of a product, etc.).

Enjoy!
The following 4 users liked this post by fmrsdtr:
CraigG (06-02-2021), Dansy (06-01-2021), gbarnes (06-01-2021), LimitDwn (06-02-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 02:13 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

To Larry, Josh, and all the FIF staff, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

All of you work so hard to provide us the opportunity to gather at FIF, fly jets, and be with all our friends. It's a big job and a lot of work and I just wanted to publicly thank you for your efforts. I had a great time this year and look forward to doing it again in 2022!

Thanks again,
Gary Jones
Old 06-02-2021, 03:55 AM
RC Larry-RCU

A big Thank You to all those that came out to support FIF 2021. Even with restrictions still in place and many of our friends not being able to attend, it was a record year for FIF. It was also the safest event we've ever had. like years past, we implemented a few changes to help things move faster and safer on the flight line, and like always you guys did you part to make it work. By far the best change was the numbered start up boards that corresponded with flight stations. After a couple of days you guys had it down pat and basically controlled the start up area yourselves!
A HUGE thanks to all the amazing sponsors that stepped up to support our event. They are listed on our web-site, so please take time to view that list, and don't forget to thank them again. They add a tremendous amount to our event and we cant thank them enough.
Thanks again to Gronna and the City of Wilson for having us back. Without Gronna's help and Wilson allowing us to use their awesome venue, there would be no FIF to speak of.
Also wanted to update you all on the fund raiser we did on Saturday night. Many of you voluntarily walked up make a donation to the local children's charity we were supporting this year. Your efforts and generosity brought in $2500.00 !!!! That is nothing short of outstanding! After taking with staff members and other pilots, we have decided this will be an annual thing for us at FIF. I know I speak for Gronna, FIF and the City of Wilson when I say Thank You!!! You guys are over the top and we sincerely appreciate all of your kindness and generosity.
We will be updating the First in Flight website in the coming days, so keep an eye out for photos, video and more as Brandon makes those changes. Again, thank ALL of you for making FIF 2021 such an awesome event.

Larry, Josh and the FIF Staff.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:16 AM
bstussie
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new year, new thread... check it out

First in Flight Jet Rally May 25-29 2022