Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Unlocking Xicoy controllers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Unlocking Xicoy controllers

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 08:52 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Unlocking Xicoy controllers

I have a Xicoy LG13 and an LG15 that both have the motor settings locked. Does anyone know how to unlock them?

Bob
Old 02-03-2021, 08:59 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by rhklenke
I have a Xicoy LG13 and an LG15 that both have the motor settings locked. Does anyone know how to unlock them?

Bob
Email Gaspar he has the correct firmware....
Old 02-04-2021, 02:03 AM
NZjet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
Email Gaspar he has the correct firmware....
gaspar won't tell you. I have 3 locked ones here I want to use on other projects, can't do it he says

But really happy to sell you a new one
Old 02-04-2021, 05:09 AM
Dansy

Well I read on the Xicoy tread that he did previously....sorry.

for Jeti user the CRU is a strong option as well....
Old 02-04-2021, 10:11 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

What are you trying to do, increase the amp out?
Old 02-04-2021, 01:11 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by FenderBean
What are you trying to do, increase the amp out?
I think he want to be able to adjust the Amp and time.....to what ever retract he’s using....like an unlock one....Gaspar/Dirk sell them unlock...so they can be a adjusted to what even retract motor...
Old 02-04-2021, 01:29 PM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by Dansy
I think he want to be able to adjust the Amp and time.....to what ever retract he’s using....like an unlock one....Gaspar/Dirk sell them unlock...so they can be a adjusted to what even retract motor...
Yeah I had a couple I sold from Gaspar that were not unlocked for some reason(slipped through the cracks) and it was a simple firmware update to achieve this so I was wondering why the fella above said it wasnt possible.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:52 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NZjet
gaspar won't tell you. I have 3 locked ones here I want to use on other projects, can't do it he says

Actually, these are for Electron Retracts. Adrián at Electron (very helpful!) said that they could send me the firmware for the GS-200 to change it, but the RS-200 would have to go back to them.

I decided not to change them at this point - too much of a hassle...

Bob
Old 02-05-2021, 06:07 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by NZjet

No surprise! I won't purchase any of his products.....period! After my great(bad) experience with him. IMHO...His new engines are just a name change, with Jetsmunt issues.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 02-05-2021 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:34 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
No surprise! I won't purchase any of his products.....period! After my great(bad) experience with him. IMHO...His new engines are just a name change, with Jetsmunt issues.
I'm not going to get into so big debate but the the Xicoy controllers you buy vs what they sell to jet manufactures have different firmware. Gaspar has sent people the firmware when required and the Xicoy turbines are not just a name change. Sorry you had a bad experience
Old 02-05-2021, 10:36 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to clear things up. These controllers you are talking about here are not Xicoy brand. They are brand Electron retracts. These have a special firmware developed under the Electron specifications and contract. Xicoy is not allowed to sell or modify any of these, as there are warranty issues linked to their use (or misuse). It is best to contact Electron Retracts. It is the same case as turbine ecus, we are not allowed to unlock wren/jetcentral/jetsmunt/kingtech... ecus.

All that Xicoy can do is to modify these units to xicoy standard, including boxes and stickers, to transform to xicoy brand, in this way the references to elctron/etc dissapear, no link/warranty claims possible-

It is the same as if you take the ecu of your car, go to ecu manufacturer (Bosch, for example) asking for to unlock it. Bosch will not do it.

Hope is clear.

gaspar
The following users liked this post:
cactusflyer (02-05-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 12:01 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspar
Just to clear things up. These controllers you are talking about here are not Xicoy brand. They are brand Electron retracts. These have a special firmware developed under the Electron specifications and contract. Xicoy is not allowed to sell or modify any of these, as there are warranty issues linked to their use (or misuse). It is best to contact Electron Retracts. It is the same case as turbine ecus, we are not allowed to unlock wren/jetcentral/jetsmunt/kingtech... ecus.

All that Xicoy can do is to modify these units to xicoy standard, including boxes and stickers, to transform to xicoy brand, in this way the references to elctron/etc dissapear, no link/warranty claims possible-

It is the same as if you take the ecu of your car, go to ecu manufacturer (Bosch, for example) asking for to unlock it. Bosch will not do it.

Hope is clear.

gaspar
Have to give credit where credit is due. That is a very reasonable response and makes alot of sense.
Tone
Old 02-05-2021, 01:30 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by rhklenke
Actually, these are for Electron Retracts. Adrián at Electron (very helpful!) said that they could send me the firmware for the GS-200 to change it, but the RS-200 would have to go back to them.

I decided not to change them at this point - too much of a hassle...

Bob
This make a world of difference.....and yes Adrián is always very helpful, so is Gaspar for his products.