Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JP Landing Gear

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JP Landing Gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 06:01 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts
Default JP Landing Gear

I have a set of new JP landing gear but the legs are too long. I think I can curt them shorter. But, before I do that, does anyone know where to buy the legs the at the length I need?
Could I put Electron legs on the JP actuators? Has anyone done that?
Old 02-18-2021, 06:19 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
I have a set of new JP landing gear but the legs are too long. I think I can curt them shorter. But, before I do that, does anyone know where to buy the legs the at the length I need?
Could I put Electron legs on the JP actuators? Has anyone done that?
‘Depends what’s the diameter of the JP trunnions.....once you know that just look at electron online....
Old 02-19-2021, 06:21 AM
jcterrettaz

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

http://www.hobby-china.com/planes/la...d_logo/15.html
Old 02-26-2021, 04:40 AM
jvaliensi

Originally Posted by Dansy
‘Depends what’s the diameter of the JP trunnions.....once you know that just look at electron online....
I discovered that the JP gear does not have the internal pins (trunnions) . This model of JP gear has solid legs which get clamped in the actuators. So, it is easy enough to shorten the main gear legs, one can do it with a hack saw and file.
The front leg is a bit more complex. I'm looking into it.
I have the JP set from a Joker. The Rebel Hot uses the same equipment but the legs are shorter. I'm getting a Rebel Hot and want to try and use the gear I have, rather than buy another set.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:09 AM
ifly3d

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have bought two sets of gear from jphobby in the EU, I talked to Florent, he is a really nice guy and know his stuff. This is his contact email. [email protected] He is really easy to deal with and he can tell you what you need to know. When I was looking for there gear they came up first and I sent them an email. I am in the USA like you, so It may be late at night before he emails you back but he will get back to you pretty fast.

Josh
Old 02-26-2021, 05:31 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
I discovered that the JP gear does not have the internal pins (trunnions) . This model of JP gear has solid legs which get clamped in the actuators. So, it is easy enough to shorten the main gear legs, one can do it with a hack saw and file.
The front leg is a bit more complex. I'm looking into it.
I have the JP set from a Joker. The Rebel Hot uses the same equipment but the legs are shorter. I'm getting a Rebel Hot and want to try and use the gear I have, rather than buy another set.
To my knowledge all JP are like that...
Old 02-26-2021, 05:50 AM
jvaliensi

Originally Posted by Dansy
To my knowledge all JP are like that...
I have the smaller set of JP in a mini Avanti and they are different. There is a 5mm pin between the legs and actuator.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:55 AM
jvaliensi

Originally Posted by ifly3d
I have bought two sets of gear from jphobby in the EU, I talked to Florent, he is a really nice guy and know his stuff. This is his contact email. [email protected] He is really easy to deal with and he can tell you what you need to know. When I was looking for there gear they came up first and I sent them an email. I am in the USA like you, so It may be late at night before he emails you back but he will get back to you pretty fast.

Josh
Josh,
Thanks, I've reached out to Florent.
Best regards,