Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Altecare RC bad experience

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Altecare RC bad experience

Old 04-22-2021, 05:53 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Altecare RC bad experience

For those who dont want to go through the whole thing.

short and dirty, they dont honor their advertised pricing on their website.

The long and complicated.

i sent an email specifically asking for a Quote and Lead time on an Electron Gear combo for a AD scorpion.

i got a response with “its all on the website, including shipping” while below that was a picture of what looked like a snippet of their website.

I specifically asked for a quote and lead time bc of the fluctuation in exchange rates, especially since it involved 3 different currencies.

im also the type of person who does Not click on links to websites within an email. I go directly to that website and do my business to avoid scam sites as much as possible.

About 24 hours after Altecare’s email response, i use the website to place an order for the gear combo (which was shown on their website as $850) and a Gs200 upgrade.

shortly after i placed the order Peter emailed me asking how i got $850 instead of the $950 his initial “button” listed. Having not paid any attention to that “button” (this is what looked like the website snippet) i went back into my deleted emails and noticed the description of that button was what i wanted, but the price matched that of the Super Scorpion combo.

anyways, he basically demanded i pay the additional $100 more than what his advertised website pricing showed.

Ultimately they refunded my purchase promptly, but the entire situation was/is very frustrating.

Yall can take it how you want, but to me, this is pretty poor business/customer relations at best.

Initial email chain, bottom to top

Response to accusatory email about “getting $850” like i somehow hacked his system for $100.

Website screenshot immediately after he asked “how you get $850” to show evidence of their advertised prices on the website.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:35 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

HAcker lol ... well it is what it is. Sounds they never updated their website prices.
Old 04-22-2021, 06:46 PM
invertmast

Originally Posted by F900 View Post
HAcker lol ... well it is what it is. Sounds they never updated their website prices.
LOL. Seems that way.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:48 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 141 Likes on 128 Posts

Last time I deal with him it took about 4 months to get everything, to get my order mixed parts about 1500 usd worth of....and he never contacted me 3 weeks after I put the order in....I contacted him and he then said should have everything soon.....in my experience he has the worst customer service ever...no communication what so ever, and when you asked him..... it’s like your disturbing him....never ever again.

This was way before COVID ......
Old 04-23-2021, 03:17 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
....in my experience he has the worst customer service ever...no communication what so ever, .
Similar experience. When I needed Electron gear and could get no response, I purchased directly from the Electron Retracts website.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:48 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 258 Likes on 207 Posts

What's wrong with Electron USA? Greg and Jenni have fantastic customer service.
The following users liked this post:
f106jax (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 04:06 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
So what is the deal with Electron USA ? I tried to find a website for them and the only place I found was on facebook which simply took me to the Electron Factory site. Did I miss the correct link ? Do they actually have inventory in the US ? I'm not trying to say anything bad about them, it's just that when I tried to do business with them recently it seems I was basically ordering direct from the factory so I simply went direct to the factory.. Any info I could get for future reference would be helpful.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:14 AM
CraigG

Didn't know about Greg at the time. Even now a search for "Electron USA" only brings up their Facebook page. The link there to "electron-retractsusa" takes you to the company website in Spain (which is where I ordered mine). Greg's website ("JAG RC") shows only 3 Electron products; 2 controllers and a set of disc brakes. I will definitely try Greg for future Electron needs but IMOH he needs to improve the visibility/accessibility of their products.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:02 AM
fmrsdtr

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi All,

Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have a direct US website (we will be working with Electron Spain to get one set up in the future). It's mainly been our FB page and word of mouth (and attending events). We do not keep inventory in the US simply because there are so many combos, different setups, etc. and Spain often makes them to order (although we do keep controllers, motors, axles, and repair parts in stock). Everything is shipped upon order directly to us in Indiana from Spain to send out to customers within the US, and we receive those shipments from Spain about every other week. If you have questions, need a price quote, or wish to order landing gear, combos, controllers, etc., please feel free to email Greg at [email protected]. Unless he is at an event (as he is this weekend) or super busy while working his full-time day job during the week, Greg is very prompt at getting back to you whether by email or through the FB Messenger chat. We do try to give the best customer service we can and will work with you to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase! BTW (not that this should sway you from your purchasing choices), we are also proud to be a veteran-owned business; Greg is retired Navy.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by fmrsdtr; 04-23-2021 at 10:49 AM.
yeahbaby (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 05:09 AM
jcterrettaz

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Maybe Peter forgot to upgrade the price , he is very honest , next time..call him .. This is not is primary income , he s very busy ...
Not in this hobby business to make money or rob you!!

Old 04-23-2021, 05:44 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz View Post
Maybe Peter forgot to upgrade the price , he is very honest , next time..call him .. This is not is primary income , he s very busy ...
Thomas, I'm sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with Peter. I've been purchasing from him for at least a decade. I agree with you that the website should have the correct prices. But, I call Peter. Last month I purchased a set of Behotec retracts for my Lightning. I won't buy Electron, because my beef is with Gasper, and Electron used his electronics. I won't purchase anything of Xicoy or Gasper. My experience with Peter, was my gear were cheaper then his site. Last year I bought a Behotec 220 off of Peter. It too was cheaper then his site. Both shipping arrival times were darn close to what Peter quoted. Calling Peter works. I hate being on the phone, and would rather communicate via computer. But! Not all of us do Facebook! Especially because of the security issues it has had over the years.
Call him next time. He always answers his cell, if not, he will call back relatively soon.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:51 AM
CraigG

Originally Posted by fmrsdtr View Post
Hi All,

Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have a direct US website (we will be working with Electron Spain to get one set up in the future). It's mainly been our FB page and word of mouth (and attending events). We do not keep inventory in the US simply because there are so many combos, different setups, etc. and Spain often makes them to order (although we do keep controllers, motors, axles, and repair parts in stock). Everything is shipped upon order directly to us in Indiana from Spain to send out to customers within the US, and we receive those shipments from Spain about every other week. If you have questions, need a price quote, or wish to order landing gear, combos, controllers, etc., please feel free to email Greg at [email protected]. Unless he is at an event (as he is this weekend) or working his full-time day job during the week, Greg is very prompt at getting back to you whether by email or through the FB Messenger chat. We do try to give the best customer service we can and will work with you to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase!

Hope this helps.
Jenni,
Thanks for the explanation and information and I will definitely go with you guys next time. Much prefer to deal domestically and with responsive companies.
Craig
fmrsdtr (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 06:16 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Maybe Peter forgot to upgrade the price , he is very honest , next time..call him ..
The original poster said he contacted Peter directly asking for a price, and Peter told him to use the website (which was wrong).
yeahbaby (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 07:40 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I think all of us get upset at least once with all of the hobby shops that we purchase from online. For Canada, his prices might be alright. But, exchange rates are changing a lot right now. It would be difficult to keep up with every country. Then, if you list it for retail in USA pricing, he may loose Canadian customers by pricing too high. It's like you can pay with Bitcoin on PayPal now. Bitcoin changes dramatically everyday. It's also like the mark up from Asian countries when things are made cheap enough to ship across oceans and then marked up by the next middleman. Then, if you buy direct from that Asian country, they sell it at USA prices, rather then the cost of manufacturing in that country with normal mark up to sell retail in that Asian country.
Since very few jet things are made here in the USA, we're fortunate enough to have the internet to buy from international manufacturing companies.
Old 04-23-2021, 07:41 AM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Greg is definitely the right way to go. I worked with him on replacing my old original Electron brakes and recently my nose retract unit for my Cougar. Absolutely fantastic service from him. I also bought the little controller to cycle retract units individually while in the airframe and it is a real handy tool.
fmrsdtr (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 08:50 AM
invertmast

which is why i emailed him DIRECT asking for a quote.

all of this would of been avoided had he just honored the price on his website instead of coming across as accusatory that i somehow pulled a fast one on him.

I like the paper trail from emails with quotes, it keeps people honest, in this case, he screwes up with having his website wrong, which isnt the customers problem.
yeahbaby (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 10:19 AM
Dansy

‘They are both great I have many set of their gear.....(not what I had order)
fmrsdtr (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 10:41 AM
jcterrettaz

Obviously you are upset ..I can't argue with you ....
But Peter is a nice person and he can't not defend itself here !!
Old 04-23-2021, 11:16 AM
Skunkwrks

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

With Altacare or Electron USA both don't care many products they sell, they act more like a middle man just touch the product coming from Spain and sending it to you.

I have had great customers service directly from Electron and prompt shipment within two days or less of ordering and receiving in less than five days.

To me, if the dealer of any product can't keep an inventory on hand, I will always order directly from the manufacture if I

Altacare lost a sale of a Jetsmunt turbine because of the price difference and they don't stock any turbines, I ordered direct through Jetsmunts and had excellent service and delivery time.

Maybe you guys should order directly to avoid these issues, just my experience.

Russ

Old 04-23-2021, 11:29 AM
Skunkwrks

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

I have also heard not so good things from Electron USA about orders, happened that a retract order was place for a prototype model and the guy(US) ordered the wrong gear setup for this model.

Delays for re-ordering the gear and finally get the gear up here in Canada has set back both builds by months by not dealing directly with Electron corp, not very acceptable.

Alot of guys who are RC dealers have other primary incomes and these RC dealers just brush off the common modeler and place them on a wait till I get around to it attitude which is bad for us.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:33 PM
NZjet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why you guys bother with middle men, just go direct, job done!
Skunkwrks (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 05:02 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks View Post
I have also heard not so good things from Electron USA about orders, happened that a retract order was place for a prototype model and the guy(US) ordered the wrong gear setup for this model.

Delays for re-ordering the gear and finally get the gear up here in Canada has set back both builds by months by not dealing directly with Electron corp, not very acceptable.

Alot of guys who are RC dealers have other primary incomes and these RC dealers just brush off the common modeler and place them on a wait till I get around to it attitude which is bad for us.
Really....Electron USA is top notch, and while they don’t carry many gear set...there’s so many variant out there, they have the parts to get you going....and Greg and Jenny are 2 really nice persons, truly supporting the Jets Events.....and Greg can get a set quite quickly, much cheaper shipping then Spain

I’m just an ordinary modeler and I get great service, this tread is about the poor service that Altecare give ....
Old 04-23-2021, 05:07 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by fmrsdtr View Post
Hi All,

Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have a direct US website (we will be working with Electron Spain to get one set up in the future). It's mainly been our FB page and word of mouth (and attending events). We do not keep inventory in the US simply because there are so many combos, different setups, etc. and Spain often makes them to order (although we do keep controllers, motors, axles, and repair parts in stock). Everything is shipped upon order directly to us in Indiana from Spain to send out to customers within the US, and we receive those shipments from Spain about every other week. If you have questions, need a price quote, or wish to order landing gear, combos, controllers, etc., please feel free to email Greg at [email protected]. Unless he is at an event (as he is this weekend) or super busy while working his full-time day job during the week, Greg is very prompt at getting back to you whether by email or through the FB Messenger chat. We do try to give the best customer service we can and will work with you to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase! BTW (not that this should sway you from your purchasing choices), we are also proud to be a veteran-owned business; Greg is retired Navy.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the explanation Jenni,

I've dealt with you guys several times with never a hiccup and great CS. HOWEVER, when there's no website, there are a number of us and I believe there will be more, who are unwilling to sell our souls to Mark Zuckerberberg. Considering what's been going on with Twitter, Facebook and Google censoring users, I for one think anyone who continues to use these media "Czars" who feel it's their right to censor anything they do not agree with, is TOTALLY un American.

YOU NEED A WEBSITE......
yeahbaby (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 04:42 AM
invertmast

Obviously you are upset ..I can't argue with you ....
But Peter is a nice person and he can't not defend itself here !!

im not upset, more annoyed that some people have a lower set of morals that they cant even honor a sales agreement when they literally tell you “its all on the website including shipping” and then complain when you use the website instead of what their email said.... which is the website.

i get he may be a “nice person” but that doesnt excuse him for being a bad business person.

“can’t not defend himself”... double negative, so he can defend himself? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

no idea what that comment is trying to imply.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:28 AM
jcterrettaz

Maybe its an other reason ...
I will forget this thread , I always had good experience with him . also I have lots of respect for you as a fantastic builder Invertmast.
Defending a friend its tricky here!!!