Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Aerofoam T-45

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Aerofoam T-45

Old 09-03-2021, 06:50 AM
  #51  
yf22raptor
My Feedback: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: stevenson ranch, CA
Posts: 50
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default T-45 manual

Does anyone have the manual for the T-45 I have emailed Ralph but no reply yet .

Thank you
Dan
Old 09-03-2021, 06:36 PM
  #52  
frankmokaya
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Here Goes.

Originally Posted by yf22raptor View Post
Does anyone have the manual for the T-45 I have emailed Ralph but no reply yet .

Thank you
Dan
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AEROFOAM-T-45 (2).pdf (2.34 MB, 30 views)
Old 09-03-2021, 07:43 PM
  #53  
yf22raptor
My Feedback: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: stevenson ranch, CA
Posts: 50
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Thank you ,, Sir 😊
The following users liked this post:
frankmokaya (09-03-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 10:21 PM
  #54  
frankmokaya
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by yf22raptor View Post
Thank you ,, Sir 😊
You are very welcome. Enjoy this T-45. She's a great flyer!
Old 09-04-2021, 05:58 PM
  #55  
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)
 
Turbulence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Sahuarita , AZ
Posts: 1,319
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by yf22raptor View Post
Does anyone have the manual for the T-45 I have emailed Ralph but no reply yet .

Thank you
Dan
Dan,

I heard that bum is on vacation on a small island 🏝 with hardly any Internet Access. Glad someone stepped up and help you while he is gone. I will make sure Carrie has a copy too now.

Ralph
Old 09-04-2021, 06:48 PM
  #56  
frankmokaya
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Turbulence View Post
Dan,

I heard that bum is on vacation on a small island 🏝 with hardly any Internet Access. Glad someone stepped up and help you while he is gone. I will make sure Carrie has a copy too now.

Ralph
hahaha lol Ralph. No worries. Glad to help!
Old 09-05-2021, 06:00 AM
  #57  
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)
 
Turbulence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Sahuarita , AZ
Posts: 1,319
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default


Current Location
Old 09-05-2021, 06:27 AM
  #58  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 4,440
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Default

Island of the Women
Old 09-13-2021, 10:03 PM
  #59  
andrewjet
My Feedback: (16)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Van Nuys , CA
Posts: 181
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

I finally got around to completing and flying mine which I have put about 9 flights on her. My nose gear door struggles to open up all the way so and takes several cycles in the air to get it to retract so I had no choice but to take off the nose gear doors today while looking her over. I'm pretty sure I need to replace the nose gear door servo with the dual-arm I noticed that one part of the arm where the push rod goes through finally split and I'm sure this happened due to the jet builder made the servo arm hole slightly bigger than what was needed so the arm split down the middle.






Old 09-13-2021, 10:15 PM
  #60  
andrewjet
My Feedback: (16)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Van Nuys , CA
Posts: 181
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Anyway, here are pictures from yesterday and she really does fly great!


Andrew




The following users liked this post:
Sparhawk (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 04:28 AM
  #61  
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: northridge, CA
Posts: 333
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Andrew,
The photos of final approach are awesome. What was your take off weight?
Thanks,
Jim
Old 09-14-2021, 09:04 PM
  #62  
andrewjet
My Feedback: (16)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Van Nuys , CA
Posts: 181
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

I'm pretty sure it's about 22 pounds, the plane with turbine, batteries and full UAT is around 8500 grams plus around 3.5 pounds of fuel.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:15 PM
  #63  
N4S
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 32
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I recently got the T-45. I took the tanks out to put safety wires and didn't mark what went where. This is my first time using 2 tanks. Is this drawing how the plumbing should be?

I am moving the UAT to the top of equipment tray.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:47 PM
  #64  
gregg f
My Feedback: (20)
 
gregg f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: sunland, CA
Posts: 424
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

That's correct.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:45 PM
  #65  
DUCMOZ
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: , WA
Posts: 765
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Hi all, do you think this T45 would fly out of semi smooth / rough grass runway?

thank you.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:29 PM
  #66  
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sun Valley, NV
Posts: 2,840
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ View Post
Hi all, do you think this T45 would fly out of semi smooth / rough grass runway?

thank you.
The bottom gear doors may not like it
Old 09-17-2021, 08:43 PM
  #67  
N4S
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 32
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Are you guys using any elevator mix with flaps? If so, up or down?
Old 09-17-2021, 09:08 PM
  #68  
andrewjet
My Feedback: (16)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Van Nuys , CA
Posts: 181
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Absolutely not! It's not needed. I had absolutely no trim at all, not even one click. I'm on high rates and after the first half lap, I realized that everything was right on point so I took my right hands off the controls and she was straight as an arrow and I started my maneuvers and never looked back.

Last edited by andrewjet; 09-17-2021 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:48 AM
  #69  
DUCMOZ
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: , WA
Posts: 765
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying View Post
The bottom gear doors may not like it
thank you. Mostly I was concerned about the great mounts rather than the gear doors.
Old 09-18-2021, 09:34 AM
  #70  
N4S
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 32
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by gregg f View Post
That's correct.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by andrewjet View Post
Absolutely not! It's not needed. I had absolutely no trim at all, not even one click. I'm on high rates and after the first half lap, I realized that everything was right on point so I took my right hands off the controls and she was straight as an arrow and I started my maneuvers and never looked back.
Thank you!
​​​​​​​
Old 09-18-2021, 09:40 AM
  #71  
N4S
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 32
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Reading the manual, it says: "The strut bar show below has to be removed in order to have functional landing gear and should only be used for static displays if needed". Are you guys removing them for flight? It doesn't seem to interfere with retract operation.


Old 09-18-2021, 10:51 AM
  #72  
yf22raptor
My Feedback: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: stevenson ranch, CA
Posts: 50
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by N4S View Post
Reading the manual, it says: "The strut bar show below has to be removed in order to have functional landing gear and should only be used for static displays if needed". Are you guys removing them for flight? It doesn't seem to interfere with retract operation.

I removed them on mine I notice they didn't slide smoothly one tube being in the other sometimes while cycling my gear they didn't go up also when flying the wind could push on them creating friction and possibly binding for the gear not to retract....
Dan
Old 09-18-2021, 05:55 PM
  #73  
Sparhawk
 
Sparhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Truro, NS, CANADA
Posts: 594
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by andrewjet View Post
I finally got around to completing and flying mine which I have put about 9 flights on her. My nose gear door struggles to open up all the way so and takes several cycles in the air to get it to retract so I had no choice but to take off the nose gear doors today while looking her over. I'm pretty sure I need to replace the nose gear door servo with the dual-arm I noticed that one part of the arm where the push rod goes through finally split and I'm sure this happened due to the jet builder made the servo arm hole slightly bigger than what was needed so the arm split down the middle.
Did you find a replacement servo for the nose doors? Mine stopped working.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:38 PM
  #74  
andrewjet
My Feedback: (16)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Van Nuys , CA
Posts: 181
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
Did you find a replacement servo for the nose doors? Mine stopped working.
I'm going to try this double servo arm by Dubro with a new HV servo. I'll let you know if this works.
https://www.dubro.com/products/long-dual-servo-arms
Old 09-19-2021, 02:48 PM
  #75  
N4S
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 32
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Hoping to maiden my T-45 tomorrow. Is the book recommended CG of 178mm a good starting point?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.