Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Aerofoam T-45

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Aerofoam T-45

Old 09-19-2021, 08:18 PM
andrewjet
My Feedback: (16)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes!
Old 10-12-2021, 04:40 PM
emart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-09-2022, 04:16 AM
rangerpaul

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrewjet View Post
Ok, I finally was able to connect to Gaspar and basically, that unit is not set up for JP retracts systems so I had to modify the servo cable connections supporting the gear outputs from the LG-15 unit to the gear by reversing the red and white cable connections. Now the unit works flawlessly!

Andrew
I am going to use the LG-15 also. Can you please share the setup numbers that you have found to work with the T45? Thanks!
Old 01-09-2022, 06:34 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rangerpaul View Post
I am going to use the LG-15 also. Can you please share the setup numbers that you have found to work with the T45? Thanks!
Just start with the numbers set low for the gear doors, and then work your way up to what works best for your application. The voltages from the LG15 to the retracts and speeds should be good out of the box.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:34 AM
rangerpaul

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying View Post
Just start with the numbers set low for the gear doors, and then work your way up to what works best for your application. The voltages from the LG15 to the retracts and speeds should be good out of the box.
Thanks for your reply but isn't this a little risky? If the starting number is too low then the gear may not operate in flight. I was hoping to find someone who had already been down this trail and has the actual Xicoy settings.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:58 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for your reply but isn't this a little risky? If the starting number is too low then the gear may not operate in flight. I was hoping to find someone who had already been down this trail and has the actual Xicoy settings.
test it on the ground.
Old 01-10-2022, 07:31 PM
rangerpaul

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying View Post
test it on the ground.
I have watched a couple of videos where the owner did set it on the ground and it worked fine. In the air it failed, possibly because of wind resistance? I'm sure trial and error would sort it out but I would like to avoid a failure in the air on the maiden if someone else has already figured this out.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:59 AM
BajaJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edf version vs Turbine version

Can anybody articulate the differences between an EDF version and a Turbine version? In respect that Ive purchased an EDF version, but now wish to upgrade it.

cheers
Old 01-14-2022, 07:56 PM
rangerpaul

Does anybody know who the manufacturer is for the retracts that come with the Aero Foam T45 and possibly what model number the retracts are? Or are they marked somehow so I can check them. I think they may be JP Hobby ER-120s but I am really not sure. Thanks for any info!!
Old 01-14-2022, 09:14 PM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The landing gear and controller with brake control are available on the Banana Hobby web site.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:36 AM
rangerpaul

Originally Posted by paulsf86 View Post
The landing gear and controller with brake control are available on the Banana Hobby web site.
Thanks for the reply. Yes - I saw them under spare parts. What I am looking for is who actually makes these for Banana Hobby and what the OEMs part number is. Do you happen to know?
Old 01-17-2022, 06:53 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Yes - I saw them under spare parts. What I am looking for is who actually makes these for Banana Hobby and what the OEMs part number is. Do you happen to know?
The retracts for the AFT-45 look exactly like JPs ER120s

I tried the 150 controller and the motor stall didn't create enough amps to turn off the motors so I went to the stock controller for the model and it works with 8.4v, didn't mess up the servos
Old 01-17-2022, 05:56 PM
rangerpaul

Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
The retracts for the AFT-45 look exactly like JPs ER120s

I tried the 150 controller and the motor stall didn't create enough amps to turn off the motors so I went to the stock controller for the model and it works with 8.4v, didn't mess up the servos
Thanks for the reply. I am not familiar with a 150 controller? I am also confused how insignificant amps are the catalyst turn off a motor- normally excessive amps turn of a motor?