Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Aerofoam T-45

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Aerofoam T-45

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 09:00 AM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Parts available from Banana Hobby.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:58 AM
rangerpaul

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paulsf86
Parts available from Banana Hobby.
I do not see this part or even the servo available on the Banana Hobby site. Can you tell me where to look or what the part number is?
Old 02-08-2022, 08:15 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

https://www.bananahobby.com/main-acc...2424-prd1.html

Looks like that's it there, 7th picture, just cant see it very well with white been on white.

FYI I bought one and hopefully fly it in the next 1 or 2, I installed a SW80. Quality is better than expected.
Old 02-09-2022, 05:09 AM
rangerpaul

Originally Posted by F900

Looks like that's it there, 7th picture, just cant see it very well with white been on white.

FYI I bought one and hopefully fly it in the next 1 or 2, I installed a SW80. Quality is better than expected.
Nope - I bought the hardware kit you show thinking it would be in there but it is not. I hope you have better luck with yours than I have with mine. So far I have had 18 issues that needed to be fixed - all workmanship issues from the factory including needing a new wing. Banana Hobby has been very supportive getting things fixed but so far I am very disappointed with the quality out of the China factory. Mine must have been made on a Friday or a Monday?
Old 02-09-2022, 05:23 AM
rangerpaul

Here is a picture of the actual bags in the kit. The second picture is of the item you and I thought was the servo horn with the pushrods. It is just the pushrods.

Old 02-09-2022, 02:38 PM
F900

That's too bad, but good your getting the support. I haven't had any issues so far, everything is as it should be.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:08 PM
rangerpaul

I need a couple of servo arms with a shaft about 4.7mm with fine tooth pattern. Anybody got any ideas how I find these out there somewhere?
Old 02-13-2022, 03:10 PM
rangerpaul

The photo is the gear door servo arm from the AeroFoam T-45 foam turbine. The arms were clipped too short by the factory and now there is not enough throw even at 125% to close the doors. If I adjust the pushrods to close the doors then the nose gear will not clear the door when they are open. Anybody have any ideas where I might be able to purchase this double arm servo. It goes to a 12g servo with a small fine toothed shaft.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:18 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by rangerpaul
The photo is the gear door servo arm from the AeroFoam T-45 foam turbine. The arms were clipped too short by the factory and now there is not enough throw even at 125% to close the doors. If I adjust the pushrods to close the doors then the nose gear will not clear the door when they are open. Anybody have any ideas where I might be able to purchase this double arm servo. It goes to a 12g servo with a small fine toothed shaft.
I ended up going with a standard horn for the servo that I had laying around and connected the two sides adjusted accordingly and opened the nose gear bay to allow more throw. Works great now. I am also using the Xicoy LG-15 gear controller which allows me to adjust the servo door travel.
Old 02-15-2022, 04:50 AM
rangerpaul

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
I ended up going with a standard horn for the servo that I had laying around and connected the two sides adjusted accordingly and opened the nose gear bay to allow more throw. Works great now. I am also using the Xicoy LG-15 gear controller which allows me to adjust the servo door travel.
Thanks for the reply. Did you insert the ends of both pushrods into the same hole in the horn or did you insert them one behind the other in two different holes?
Old 02-15-2022, 09:01 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by rangerpaul
Thanks for the reply. Did you insert the ends of both pushrods into the same hole in the horn or did you insert them one behind the other in two different holes?
The first two holes on the horn adjusted accordingly to be even when connected to the doors
Old 02-16-2022, 09:59 AM
BDK74
My Feedback: (5)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Really considering getting one of these but I’m limited to 10 channels on my receivers (Airtronics, don’t laugh)

Are the flap/slats brakes/speed brakes combinable on one channel?

thanks
Old 02-16-2022, 03:34 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BDK74
Really considering getting one of these but I’m limited to 10 channels on my receivers (Airtronics, don’t laugh)

Are the flap/slats brakes/speed brakes combinable on one channel?

thanks
There are several options out there for controlling two seperate servos for flaps, slats, even ailerons or elevators, from one channel:

https://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-...-matchbox.html

Bob
Old 02-18-2022, 09:17 PM
rangerpaul

I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate knowing what everyone is doing. The manual calls out 2x 3S batteries connected to the EBEC. When I watch Utube videos and builds they all are using 2x 2S batteries connected to the EBEC. What is the correct battery setup? I have two manuals. A small one that came with the plane and a second one from Banana Hobby (also marked Global Jet.club). The manual with the plane shows CG of 168mm and the Banana Hobby manual shows the CG of 178mm. Both provide an identical diagram of the CG which shows the CG at about the midpoint of the turbine access hatch release catch in both manuals. I measured from the leading edge to the midpoint of this release catch and it is in fact 168mm. 178mm would not be as depicted in the Banana Hobby manual. What is the correct CG for the plane? Thanks for any inputs!
Old 02-24-2022, 12:59 PM
rangerpaul

I have finished my build and just setting in the electronics to get a feel for the CG. I am curious how others have done this. As you will see from the pics I using 2x2S batteries for the EBEC and a 3S battery for the ECU. I have placed them all way back against the main fuel tank and my Xicoy balancer says I will still need 146g added at the very end of the tail. This is with an empty UAT and no pilots. Is this what is normal? I am really curious why AeroFoam has the battery strap in the nose? Thanks for any help!

Old 03-24-2022, 11:21 AM
rangerpaul

I do agree with the earlier comments that this plane is not plug and play by a long shot. I have repaired 24 different manufacturing defects including an entire wing that had to be replaced. This plane has by far been of the poorest quality and highest defects of any plane I have ever built. With all the fixes done I am sure it will fly fine but I truly wish I had never bought this one. What is sad is that all the defects could have been avoided if the assemblers were properly trained and/or would pay attention to their work. It is also clear that the manufacturing plant does not have adequate process controls in place or these issues would have caught.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:55 PM
458destroyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T45 Aerofoam

Originally Posted by highhorse
So, a few counter-counter points if I may...not intended as a poke in any individual’s eye, just a furthering of the discussion:

1) Weak gear support broke on a first flight
2) Gear that won’t retract (how was this not clearly known to the mfr before release?)
3) Not-visible UAT (critical preflight item)
4) Sloppy control linkage (perhaps usable but at least questionable)

This isn’t a race for the bottom, two wrongs don’t make a right, folks jumping off of a bridge doesn’t mean that others should follow suit etc...So...The fact that some other mfr’s have something as bad and/or worse and/or more expensive neither changes the basic premise that of the above are clear signs of lack of development/testing before being released to consumers who then find themselves having paid hard earned $ for the privilege of doing the manufacturer’s work. Nor does it somehow excuse the foisting of known defects upon consumers.

Being fun to fly once the consumer works out inherent defects? Check. Great. But one should be clearly informed and forewarned when buying any product and that is the clear value of this thread IMO. Buy this model with the understanding that it’s a Harbor Freight jet that looks good in the color advertising but doesn’t live up to the job in reality and needs work.

Lastly, I respectfully disagree that “Plug and Play” is in the eye of the purchaser. By definition, the play part should..play. Right? Using an electronics or software analogy here, PNP doesn’t mean plug then re-solder connections or re-write code to achieve the basic intended functions. While some of the above squawks could admittedly be subjective, the play part w/r/t the landing gear structure and retract function isn’t working here as stock. This may be a simple case of semantics though as the quoted post did clearly indicate that this is PNP with the exception of the gear.

To each his own obviously because that’s what a free market is all about, but I’d offer that this jet is “Plug, Work On It, Play”, and because it’s not advertised as such I define that as a mess. All the more so because I can’t imagine the mfr not knowing of certain issues before shipping.

None of my opining should be construed as detracting from the OP’s and others’ efforts, volunteering their time to educate and inform. That’s both laudable and invaluable.
100% agree. I've never purchased an HSD foam jet (I own 6) that required as much prework as this Aerofoam jet. This was my first Aerofoam PNP jet and sadly my last. HSD has such a better quality foam jet that are truly PNP.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:44 PM
F900

I don't understand how your not been supported on these issues by either Ralph or Mike. What are we missing here?
Old 03-31-2022, 05:39 PM
rangerpaul

I don't understand how your not been supported on these issues by either Ralph or Mike. What are we missing here?
This is not a matter of not being supported by Ralph or Mike. They are not the ones responsible for the poor workmanship coming out of the plant in China. The plant clearly has no quality control or process controls around their manufacturing processes. Unless Ralph or Mike is the CEO of the manufacturing company they have no control over what is being shipped to us.
The following users liked this post:
458destroyer (04-01-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 06:11 PM
F900

Of course they do, since they are the "approved" reseller or agent for the company that makes them. I would expect at the very least to get a standard quality jet from the company, that's what you paid for and its their responsibly to make sure at the very least you get that. I bought their AF L-39 and other some slight issues here and there, yeah one landing gear motor had to be replaced but over all it was fine, even after 60+ flights. The T-45 I have is same as yours only issue so far is the left airbrake does not fully retract after it closes. I haven't flown mine yet, but overall it's acceptable and haven't run into any other issues.

Anything defective IMO needs to be replaced as long its not broken by the user. I've never had an issue getting items replaced. My experience is if I am that unhappy due to defective issues, Ralph had provided me with options which did include returning the jet (not the AF jets) we worked it out and life moves on.

Anyways you clearly have a different view of things like this than I do, hopefully some how you work it out and get flying.
Old 06-05-2022, 01:08 PM
F900

Can someone give me guidance on GC? I've used the recommended CG 178mm from the leading edge. Started with placing the Ecu (2200 3S) and 2 x 3000 2s RX batteries at the front where the velcro strap is. Using the SW80 turbine, standard 12 channel Spektrum rx and using the bottom fuel tank for my fuel, top tank is empty.

I take off and it's tail heavy lol, today as I was burning off fuel you could clearly see the CG was going aft, ended up up cutting the flight short and landed using no flaps and scratching my head.

I looked above and didn't see anyone say about putting lead in the nose, and also I'm using the Xicoy CG balancer telling me I am .3lbs nose heavy.

Thanks..
Old 06-05-2022, 04:24 PM
p-40lover

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found the xicoy balancer to be off when when balancing tailing link struts..l.never figured it out an just went back to the ez balancer.. an the balance was fine.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:14 PM
F900

Can someone who's flying their T-45 look in the very front of the nose and see if there is lead weight in there. I'm told the AF L-39 has lead to balance it out otherwise it would be tail heavy.

Looked in my T-45 front nose and there is no lead which could explain why mine is tail heavy.\

Best way to look is through the nose gear door at the front .. thanks.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:53 PM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I use 3 2200m 3s LiFe batteries. Two at the front of the equipment plate and one thru the opening in the forward part of the fuselage held in place with the provided velcro strap. All other equipment is in stock location. Using K-70 for trubine. Picture attached. Balances using ez balancer at the 7" mark. No lead in the front.

Paul

Old 06-08-2022, 02:15 PM
F900

Thanks Paul.

Here is what I did on the 1st 2 flights, All 3 batteries were strapped in right at the Velcro location.

What's interesting is I switched to heavier rx 3000 x 2 batteries on the 3rd flight same location and it was way worse with the CG been aft.

What I will do is pick it up (full uat) upside down at the 7" mark and see where its at. Its just strange I never an CG issue like this before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.