Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new CAI

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new CAI

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 11:04 AM
eazyp
My Feedback: (35)

Received 115 Likes on 44 Posts
Default The new CAI

So I recently acquired the crow aviation tooling . Like most of you I've been in the hobby a long time. Since jr. high school . at a early age i was fascinated with jet airplane's. so lets just say im a modeler. like most i have a career that sucks and im honestly just tired of doing it. I honestly would probably die before i could draw full pension (63). I always had the desire to do some kind of hustle with making models but it always was just a thought I never acted on .Now im a little older,smarter,wiser,and just sick of the same ole same ole . Oh did i mention divorced. Im all in ! no turning back now.
So its been since Nov. 2020 That I have had the chance to sort throught all the stuff associated with these models.some of it was goood and some of it was bad.
Also in the same time frame ive had the chance to kit five of jets in the original form with a few mods. these plane will be built as DEMO models and also to showcase the updated retooled versions.most of the changes that i have made are just simple updates like live hinges on all the sport jets and of course two piece wings. The scale jets also got a few updates . The F100 Now has a three piece wing.very few if any of these were ever sold before they closed up shop. The Panther will have an updated wing fold system. im working on that.
The purpose of the thread is to to talk about the construction of the planes . also to talk and share ideas directly related to jet modeling . all positive and negative feedback will be considered constructive. no need for nasty attitudes. .also this is not the appropriate place for trying to sell and buy .we may at some time discuss price points of the airframes. Some of you know me .some of you dont . My name is Paul and we are in Central Ohio and when the time is right I will open up my website.
The following 4 users liked this post by eazyp:
jescardin (07-09-2021), Ron S (06-29-2021), SAP_2000 (05-07-2022), uncleTom (06-29-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 03:02 PM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by eazyp
So I recently acquired the crow aviation tooling . Like most of you I've been in the hobby a long time. Since jr. high school . at a early age i was fascinated with jet airplane's. so lets just say im a modeler. like most i have a career that sucks and im honestly just tired of doing it. I honestly would probably die before i could draw full pension (63). I always had the desire to do some kind of hustle with making models but it always was just a thought I never acted on .Now im a little older,smarter,wiser,and just sick of the same ole same ole . Oh did i mention divorced. Im all in ! no turning back now.
So its been since Nov. 2020 That I have had the chance to sort throught all the stuff associated with these models.some of it was goood and some of it was bad.
Also in the same time frame ive had the chance to kit five of jets in the original form with a few mods. these plane will be built as DEMO models and also to showcase the updated retooled versions.most of the changes that i have made are just simple updates like live hinges on all the sport jets and of course two piece wings. The scale jets also got a few updates . The F100 Now has a three piece wing.very few if any of these were ever sold before they closed up shop. The Panther will have an updated wing fold system. im working on that.
The purpose of the thread is to to talk about the construction of the planes . also to talk and share ideas directly related to jet modeling . all positive and negative feedback will be considered constructive. no need for nasty attitudes. .also this is not the appropriate place for trying to sell and buy .we may at some time discuss price points of the airframes. Some of you know me .some of you dont . My name is Paul and we are in Central Ohio and when the time is right I will open up my website.

I owned and flew several of these planes. They were well done at the time. I do build but sadly those days are gone for most. If you really want to make a go of it, I believe they will need to be arfs. I like the fact that you are making changes and looking for positive direction for the company. Bringing them to the events is they way to go. Let us see how your new design changes fly!!!

I wish you luck

Last edited by kevinthoele; 06-30-2021 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:27 PM
Halcyon66

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Blast from the past, built their F-9F over 20 yrs ago. From memory issues with the top hatch coming off and the wing fold system failing which can easily be addressed.

Very nice molds at the time.

Strangely enough found the manual for it a couple of weeks ago going through some old boxes.

Regards,

Last edited by Halcyon66; 06-29-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2021, 06:25 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I would buy a kit of the Panther if you ever released it...

Bob
Old 06-29-2021, 08:01 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Very cool to hear, had a razor for a short time.
Wish you luck with the endeavor.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:39 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I

I still have my raptor. One of the best flying jets I've ever had. I'd still love a backup one. Always wanted a predator too. Had a razor as well. Fantastic sport jets.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:27 AM
Maddmaxx1

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It’s great to hear that we will finally have a plane available that is made in the USA again and NOT China!
I do think that there needs to be a plug and play option or as close to that as possible.
The following 3 users liked this post by Maddmaxx1:
airwolf81 (08-01-2021), u2fast (06-30-2021), uncleTom (06-30-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 05:37 AM
eazyp

It’s nice to see there’s still interested in the planes.so where should we start. Witch plane ? There all available for review
Old 06-30-2021, 06:38 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

It’s nice to see there’s still interested in the planes.so where should we start. Witch plane ? There all available for review

I fly scale but I would think sport jets would be a better first jet back to market for you. Raptor or Predator as they both flew well
Old 06-30-2021, 10:34 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

All that talking and not a single photo!?

STOP TEASING US!

LoL
Old 06-30-2021, 11:09 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

i think i would only bring back the best 'baked" plane you have ready to go, with options on how complete you can provide them. Some of us still build, and some prefer plug and play. Just don't introduce it when they are not ready. See the F-16xl thread, that's a pretty good example of things that should be ironed out in pre-production. No bad dogs there, Mike will make it right, but a good view of what happens when the kits get in the hands of 'gen pop'
Old 06-30-2021, 12:18 PM
eazyp

Pat I totally agree with you. I would say that im very well in pre production stage. thats the whole point of the thread.I will post several pics here to satisfiy then gang. Invertmast might get really excited as I will post some internal pics as well . Just take note that these pics are of pre production understanding that all the work has been done without a single set of plans. NO instructions no nothing was given with the tooling. . also note that some of the photos will show different colors and such as i am also trying different composite materials and techniques for several diffent reasons.
The following users liked this post:
invertmast (06-30-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 01:11 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Pat I totally agree with you. I would say that im very well in pre production stage. thats the whole point of the thread.I will post several pics here to satisfiy then gang. Invertmast might get really excited as I will post some internal pics as well . Just take note that these pics are of pre production understanding that all the work has been done without a single set of plans. NO instructions no nothing was given with the tooling. . also note that some of the photos will show different colors and such as i am also trying different composite materials and techniques for several diffent reasons.

Internal pics are awesome! If you want another point of view or some composite materials tips, let me know and i’ll throw some of what i have learned over the years your way.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:17 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by invertmast
Internal pics are awesome! If you want another point of view or some composite materials tips, let me know and i’ll throw some of what i have learned over the years your way.
Throw those tips our way too.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:39 PM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

>>>>>>>[color=#222222]NO instructions no nothing was given with the tooling.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:47 PM
eazyp

yep,lol not nothing .so i just ttried to upload some pics.its been a while since ive done it. not working for me from the computer.doesnt like the file type i guess .so i will load up some random pics from my phone.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:05 PM
eazyp

Panther #1

The following 2 users liked this post by eazyp:
Halcyon66 (06-30-2021), jescardin (07-09-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 02:08 PM
eazyp

im gonna keep it real. its hard for me to send the pics from my phone wont be anything fancy or un edited because there so small i cant tell whats good or whats bad.lol just pics of my trip along the way.lol
Old 06-30-2021, 02:15 PM
eazyp

Panther pipe and bypass
Old 06-30-2021, 02:31 PM
eazyp

So theres a few pics of the panther. out the original molds. im only going to make a few of these then i will retool with more scale detail and include the wing hatch panels in the tooling the first set of landing gear will be arriving any as i spoke with the machine shop today. the only other change to the aircraft would be the wing fold and that will be electric no longer pneumatic.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:25 PM
eazyp

Working on the f100 tonight. Got a box of goodies in

Old 06-30-2021, 06:55 PM
Halcyon66

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Went and dug out the F-9F manual, pretty impressive almost 60 pages.

Regards,

The following users liked this post:
jescardin (07-09-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 12:54 PM
Av8rpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sign me up for a Panther too ! Send me your email or phone number.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2021, 05:54 AM
eazyp

Yes That instruction manual is very well made I was able to secure a copy of it and the original razor version 1before it went completely composite. If anyone has any other info that would be helpful. But I’m pretty much past that point.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:01 AM
eazyp

This is what’s left to finish out the panther.some parts are already fitted just need final install.I will be somewhat detailed. But keep in mind I’m working on several things at a time and I will share some of that to

Panther parts to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.