Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jets Over Kentucky 2021 FAA Mandate

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jets Over Kentucky 2021 FAA Mandate

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 06:15 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Neat yet completely irrelevant list of aircraft.

See and avoid.
Old 07-11-2021, 08:16 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Auburn02
Neat yet completely irrelevant list of aircraft.

See and avoid.
And yet it is the sUAS operator who must avoid manned aircraft at all costs, whether it's the list above or some guy in a Super Cub or Citabria (left both off my list) drilling around at 500 feet ... because he/she can.

Now, the whole "see and avoid" from the manned aircraft perspective raises an interesting point. When rebutting many of the sighting reports published by the FAA, many in these pages have doubted whether these are valid because the sUAS are so difficult to see. And yet here, we say that the manned aircraft can see and avoid the sUAS. So which is it? If they're big enough to expect the manned aircraft to see and avoid, then they're big enough for the FAA sighting reports to be valid. Point being, you can't have it both ways.

Oh, and I did reach out to the FAA to let them know the NOTAM may not reflect what the FAA actually approved.
Old 07-11-2021, 08:28 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
And yet here, we say that the manned aircraft can see and avoid the sUAS.
Who is “we?” The only on who said that is you. So you are saying that? Ok.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:32 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Are we still talking about jets over Kentucky ?
Any pic's ?
Old 07-11-2021, 10:13 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by paulsf86
Franklin, you just don't get it. Nobody on this site cares about your verbal diarrhea. Your continued egotistical pontifications are nothing more than what you have copied from a book. All of us in the hobby at this point know the requirements. Not even sure if anyone has ever seen you at an event nor even fly an RC aircraft that you seem to know so much about.
As I said earlier, you have no vested interest in this event so go crawl back into you cave and do not poison this thread with your egotistical trivia.
Paul
He's basicly lost his audience and others to argue with on the threads he starts in the AMA forum so he's resorting to trolling other threads looking for someone to argue with. He will resort to just about anything to get a rise out of you guys. I wouldn't put it past him to contact those who have given their blessing to the event to attempt to badger them into removing the support.
He got his knickers in a knot when they refused his request for special consideration for active service personnel under his watch and has been a thorn in the AMA's side ever since. If your an AMA supporter you can expect the same treatment. I believe hes been banned from every other forum and this may be the only one left for him.

His sole purpose seems to be to cause as much harm to the AMA as he can. I am surprised they haven't tossed his butt out.

Once he's gotten a rise out of you guys he might be here to stay. Good luck dealing with the spoiler.
The following 2 users liked this post by Propworn:
u2fast (07-12-2021), uncleTom (07-11-2021)