Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Smoke oil

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Smoke oil

Old 09-14-2021, 06:34 PM
  #1  
Agrav8ed
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 302
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Smoke oil

I have started using smoke in some of my jets. I have tried the diesel fuel/mineral self mix and the Robarts smoke oil. Both are okay but do not seem to last that long and I had some concerns about the legitimacy of the self mix and the environment. Is there a brand out there that will stay in the air longer and readily available?
Thanks,
Tone
Old 09-14-2021, 07:07 PM
  #2  
Springbok Flyer
 
Springbok Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,396
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up BioClear for great smoke.

Tone,

I buy an agricultural spray oil from Caltex/Ampol called BioClear. It is a clear oil and does not leave any residue. It cleans easily and make great smoke. Another advantage I find is that it does not ignite, so no danger of an onboard fire.

Regards,

JanR
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F5e.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	2270769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0614.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	2270770  
Old 09-16-2021, 11:36 AM
  #3  
fmrsdtr
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muncie, IN
Posts: 44
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed View Post
I have started using smoke in some of my jets. I have tried the diesel fuel/mineral self mix and the Robarts smoke oil. Both are okay but do not seem to last that long and I had some concerns about the legitimacy of the self mix and the environment. Is there a brand out there that will stay in the air longer and readily available?
Thanks,
Tone
Tone, talk to Greg about smoke oil.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:14 PM
  #4  
Agrav8ed
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 302
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fmrsdtr View Post
Tone, talk to Greg about smoke oil.
Will do Jenni, thanks for the heads up.
Tone
The following users liked this post:
fmrsdtr (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:22 AM
  #5  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,594
Received 74 Likes on 72 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fmrsdtr View Post
Tone, talk to Greg about smoke oil.
Greg oil Half throttle test…..



The following users liked this post:
fmrsdtr (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM
  #6  
fmrsdtr
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muncie, IN
Posts: 44
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
Greg oil Half throttle test…..


That was the smoke you bought at Toledo, right? I know he's not selling that brand now, but we do still have some that we're selling now in jugs that he purchased in a huge drum. He seems to be happy with it.
Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM
  #7  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,594
Received 74 Likes on 72 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fmrsdtr View Post
That was the smoke you bought at Toledo, right? I know he's not selling that brand now, but we do still have some that we're selling now in jugs that he purchased in a huge drum. He seems to be happy with it.
I seen video and it seem as good…as the smoke ON stuff 😉
Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM
  #8  
Agrav8ed
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 302
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
Greg oil Half throttle test…..


That's more like it. I sent Greg a text to see what he uses. I recall him telling me once that he used two smoke tubes but I may be incorrect.
Tone
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM
  #9  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,594
Received 74 Likes on 72 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed View Post
That's more like it. I sent Greg a text to see what he uses. I recall him telling me once that he used two smoke tubes but I may be incorrect.
Tone
I got 2 Bag Dog Smoke low flown in that one, but my T-1 (140) smoke as well with one tube exit at the back….with similar oil

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.