Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

EvoJet Turbines

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

EvoJet Turbines

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 07:31 AM
Ktstroud3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EvoJet Turbines

Warring If you buy a EvoJet Turbine this is what will happen to you.

I purchased a new EvoJet 220neo. BVM models installed it in my new F-16. I took it out to fly... on the 3 flight it blew up. Set it back to EvoJet for repairs. When the engine came back... installed it took it out to fly. on the 3rd flight it started making a weird noise notified Arno at EvoJet he made a lot of excuses. On the 5 flight a 7 foot flame shot out the pipe luckily got it back on the ground. Sent it back for repairs. Today 1 year later i still do not have my engine. Owner of EvoJet refuses to return my engine. He states the engine was installed improperly. And still today will not return my engine. I know several people who have this engine they all have blown up. EvoJet will no honor their warranty. Trying to charge for a defective engine design. What do I do? How can I get a com[any in Germany to return my property?

Any suguestions???

Ive been a loyal customer for over 8 years. WHat happend to EvoJet?
Old 02-25-2022, 02:48 PM
Tuggs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I own 3 evo220 neo and I didn't have any problems yet. Arno has been nothing but a reliable business partner. Hard to tell what exactly happened when someone vents on the internet with a single sided story and no proof whatsoever.

No offense to you, but I wonder why he would refuse to send back an engine that does belong to a customer?! I've never seen an evo220 just "blow up" - You say there have been several of them "blown up"? Any proof of these harsh accusations? Who knows - maybe he refuses to send back the engine because it has been damaged two times due to user error?

Last edited by Tuggs; 02-25-2022 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2022, 05:48 PM
Ktstroud3

Default EVOJet 220

Yes I have plenty of proof. Would you like me to post all the ridiculous emails from Arno stating he was giving up and giving my engine to someone in Germany. He knows the truth. He knows the new 220neo has an issue. And as soon as everyone sees this post they will start replying how EVOJet obviously in trouble not repairing engines. Keeping customers properties. He owes me over $3500 us for the engine he refuses to replace.

just ask
Old 02-26-2022, 05:57 PM
Ktstroud3

Default Arno

Whatever Arno. You asked for it your getting it. EVOJet does not stand behind their products. Brand new engine sent back 3 times because it’s a Lemmon. I’ve contacted several attorneys Germany. It’s really hard to get legal counsel in another country. You won your the dishonest engine manufacturer. Everyone in the USA knows not to buy your engines. I fly at a lot of events. I Know most everyone in the hobby Industry. You should have just done what is right and send my engine back
Old 02-26-2022, 07:18 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I didn't even know evojet still existed. With all the g-booster, IQ hammer, evojet drama I honestly thought they disappeared when sin city jets disappeared.
Old 02-27-2022, 08:14 PM
Ktstroud3

Default EVOJet service

Im guessing your right. Something happened. They were the nicest people in the world to deal with. I used to brag about how great of an engine they made. And they make the best gear and door valves I’ve ever used. I’ve been building and flying turbine jets for a long time. Why someone would do that to a guy that help everyone is unexplainable. Has anyone ever sent an engine in for repair and the manufacture made fun of it and didn’t return their engine?

I purchased a new BVM GoFly 1:6 F-16. Installed a new EVOJet 220neo in it. Now looks like a beater from all the flame outs and blown up engines. EvoJet blames the user. Sure is funny installed a beotec 220 in my model and haven’t had a issue since. Not repairing and returning someone’s engine is just bad business.
Old 02-28-2022, 02:16 PM
Piggy18

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd just pay the repair bill and then on its return, sell it and buy a mainstream brand like Kingtech, Swiwin, Jetmunts etc
Old 03-04-2022, 12:21 PM
Tuggs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ktstroud3
Yes I have plenty of proof. Would you like me to post all the ridiculous emails from Arno stating he was giving up and giving my engine to someone in Germany. He knows the truth. He knows the new 220neo has an issue. And as soon as everyone sees this post they will start replying how EVOJet obviously in trouble not repairing engines. Keeping customers properties. He owes me over $3500 us for the engine he refuses to replace.

just ask
I am not Arno, not sponsored and not friends with him either. I just like the turbines and had no problem with them whatsoever. Particularly since I am running three 220 neo for quite some hours I'd be interested to learn what troubles you had? So far, you didnt say more than "the engine blew up". Since I am sure there was some correspondence why dont you just disclose some more info / proof on what was wrong with your engine. So far no none of those other "several people" stepped in to share some details. From what I've seen so far there is one guy salty about evojet for engine trouble caused by unknown reasons.

What I can try is to get in touch with Arno and try to help you out. If you want just send me a PN.

@LGM Graphics: You should get your facts straight. The recent trouble with IQ hammer has nothing to do with evojet.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:35 PM
dirkcim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have two Evos in use since years. One 160 wich is very old right now but running w/o any issue and with every fuel. The other one is a 220 and on this the same even it is not that old, runs perfect and I am really getting worried now reading you complains.
Can you please explain what went wrong and how the engine blow up can be seen? Do you have pictures of it? I am flying the 220 in a 1/3.3 Fiat G91 and don't want to risk it. Let me please now what to check before my next takeoff.

Regards
Old 03-05-2022, 12:36 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuggs
I am not Arno, not sponsored and not friends with him either. I just like the turbines and had no problem with them whatsoever. Particularly since I am running three 220 neo for quite some hours I'd be interested to learn what troubles you had? So far, you didnt say more than "the engine blew up". Since I am sure there was some correspondence why dont you just disclose some more info / proof on what was wrong with your engine. So far no none of those other "several people" stepped in to share some details. From what I've seen so far there is one guy salty about evojet for engine trouble caused by unknown reasons.

What I can try is to get in touch with Arno and try to help you out. If you want just send me a PN.

@LGM Graphics: You should get your facts straight. The recent trouble with IQ hammer has nothing to do with evojet.

If anyone knew any facts maybe there would be something to get straight. All I know is that nobody ever knows what was going on with any of them. I've owned g booster and have had friends with IQ hammer and evojet and all of us gave up on the brands long ago. Between shipping issues, quality issues and total lack of response it just wasn't worth it anymore.
all I said in my original post was i didn't even know they existed anymore. Haven't heard or seen a thing about them in years.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:40 AM
Ktstroud3

Default EvoJet

Originally Posted by Tuggs

All the information I have is in the emails from Arno. Again I purchased a new BVM GoFly 1:6 F16. BVM and new evo220 was installed the model. It blew up. Sent back paid shipping. Engine returned installed flew maybe 3 times started making weird thrust noise every time I Accelerated set Arno an email he went on the defense stating we were doing everything wrong asking for all the data from the ecu sent the data said nothing wrong with the engine several flights later it came apart blowing up in flight second flameout second luckily getting back on the ground. Sent back to EVO shipping cost now EVOJet refusing to return my engine. It’s been over a year

Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2021 3:37 AM
To: Kent Stroud <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Evo220 shipping info

Sorry, I quit at this point.
It makes no sense to communicate with someone who is completely resistant to advice and who apparently knows everything better.
Please don't annoy us further with whining about undocumented allegations and just let the turbine pick someone up here.

Thank You

Tel.: +49 2423 401163
E-mail: [email protected]

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 9:25 AM
To: evoJet WE <[email protected]>; Claudia, evoJet <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: New EVO220neo

You have had my engine for 3 months. Please ship me a running EVOJet 220neo. At jets over Kentucky over 200 piolets came for all over the world 1000's people each day all the jet manufacturers were represented here. Everyone asked me if EVOJet had replaced my engine "NO". Arno is making a joke out of not replacing my engine. Everyone wants me to bash evojet on social media... that's not who I am. Please replace the engine that has blown up 3 times.
BVM models built and installed the your engine in a new BVM 1:6 F-16. Everyone at BVM can't believe you haven't replaced the engine. Flys perfectly fine with a Behotec 220. Now has well over 35 flights on the new engine.

Please send me a running EVOJet 220neo that i paid for. It will be sold. You ran off a good customer that had supported EVOJet for
8 plus years.

KentFrom: evoJet WE <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 2:16 AM
To: Kent Stroud <[email protected]>

Sure, the bare engine is enough.

ARNO
Am 02.05.2021 um 05:06 schrieb Kent Stroud :
Arno,

The EVO220evo i told you was making a weird noise blew up on startup today. Since we last talked i may have 3 flights on it. On startup it blew fire out the pipe 7 plus feet destroying my pipe and luckily i follow Protocall and keep my fire a extinguisher (always next to me)on startup or i would have lost my new BVM F-16. Jets over Kentucky first week in July Please get rid of this engine and send me a new running engine that is dependable. its taking the fun out of flying worrying ever time i take off the engine is going to fail. I only use Jet A 1 qt of aero shell 500 per 5 gals. Ive been flying jets for over 10 years. I know everyone in the US that flys jets. I build a lot of jets for people. Im consider a good builder. I know how to install engines correctly. all i need is a running dependable engine

I assuming you again want me to send everything back Just the engine would be way easier

Please help

Kent Stroud

Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 2:45 AM
To: Kent Stroud

Morning KENT,

thank you for the detailed information - unluckily there was NO video attached.

ALL displayed values looks fine.

The ATMO is with 988 a little low, ambient 27 warm - standard is 1015 and 15 degC

Anyway, if it runs perfect til now: What has changed, possibly the spring ambient ?

My first idea is that there is something ’not ideal’ within the air flow around the engine. Making the engine a harder life.

For my understanding, the is running fully ducted with a cover UNDER and OVER it - right ??

So all is circular symmetrical with the same distances, gaps etc ??

ARNO

PS: Notice, best startup position for the engine is: connections on the right (2oclock) - yours are on the left. please refer to the manual!

Am 31.03.2021 um 02:23 schrieb Kent Stroud :
Arno

The engine has been running great. And is still running strong. I just started to notice a “new” noise when accelerating. It sounds like a rush of fuel then pulls back to whatever the throttle position I advanced to. I have a attached video you will see a puff of fire every time I advance the throttle. The engine was not doing this new and just started during the weekend flights. Same thing the last engine did prior to blowing up something has changed.

BVM 1:6 F-16. All high flow tubing on all the tanks. BVM UAT. no fuel filter. The engine was mounted by Rob at BVM. It’s 1.5 inches behind the pipe inside the bell mouth (see attached). The pipe is a 200 pipe 3.5 inch’s inside. Has a large bell mouth. I only use Jet a 1qt aeroshell 500 to 5 gallons. Battery 3s Pulse 5000mah. Everything is the best of the best. From: evoJet WE
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 6:32 AM
To: Kent Stroud

KENT, this is exactly what the last engine did before blowing up

this sounds not good!
The question what is wrong. We have lots of engines running well, so what is wrong with your installation or operation ??

Please help to find out whats going wrong.

TURBINE ENGINE SERVICE REQUEST FORM-A
please fill out (???) and return:

a) check type - see STATISTICS

24: ENGINE- ???

25: FIRMWARE ???

b) settings - see LIMITS/RC-SETTINGS

33: THROTTL-UP ???

5A: THROTTL-TYPE ???

c) running - see INFO

11: EGT- ???

12: FUELPMP-MIN ???

13: FUELPMP-MAX ???

19: LAST-OFF ???

1A: ATMOSPHERE ???

d) installation info

aa) jetplane model type ???

bb) header tank ???

cc) thrust tube type / fully ducted ???

dd) thrust tube dimensions ???

ee) thrust tube-engine distance ???

ff) photos to dd) ???

d) general usage info

aa) fuel-type ???

bb) oil(5%) ???

cc) battery ???

The ??? information is urgently needed for evaluation.
Please fill out and return to Arno [email protected]

Thank You

ARNO

Am 28.03.2021 um 22:21 schrieb Kent Stroud :
Arno

My new Evo220neo has run perfectly for just over 3hours 30 starts. Yesterday it started acting like the last engine. The only way to explain it is while flying every time I make any throttle advancement it burst power then returns to normal throttle position. example flying less then 1/2 throttle advance to 3/4 loud noise of thrust then returns to normal every time i advance throttle a burst noise of thrust then it fine. this is exactly what the last engine did before blowing up. it seem like it is getting worse with every flight I have not removed the engine to inspect to see if there is any damage. all the guys wanted me to change the throttle advancement setting. I don't think a perfectly good running engine needs tweaking on without talking to you first. the wind was also blowing yesterday and didn't want to try changing anything and then having to make an emergency F-16 landing without power on a windy day. I can't afford to lose another jet. Is there and file i can send you to see what is going on? before you tell me to send it back. I really don't want to miss another flying season over sending engines back and forth. my only other test is my fuler can fuel filter needs to be replaced. i pulled all the fuel out it looks very clean. i use mainly Jet A 5gal to 1 qt of aeroshell 500. any help would be appreciated

thanks

Kent Stroud

<5257EB37-8825-4139-9AAD-948744F12920.jpeg><D3E71B64-1365-497B-B2B8-2BE13B2A6AF0.jpeg><419964CD-52FB-41F9-AB19-70B7F71B6880.jpeg><EDBD5389-2EE3-48FD-B725-52A651DE27DD.jpeg><0AD023C9-7C1D-4343-9240-8D52506FC082.jpeg><B543A65F-FD79-4CC7-8339-CF7A6CE9E52C.jpeg><5D13BCCD-1D02-41B9-9EAD-E4378CB5AFBE.jpeg><52221ADB-3B2D-47FE-A83C-FA6788DDABF3.jpeg><B1CDAFE1-7D60-48D5-84D1-BF35C42FC686.jpeg><CD727BDB-6FCF-418F-A8B0-200B3A7150EB.jpeg><C1AFE1A6-CC61-4C1F-B1F2-4975C8B11DBF.jpeg>
Old 07-17-2022, 07:46 AM
3DJunk

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribed
Old 07-17-2022, 11:54 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I’m curious, it used to be BVM’s recommendation on all brands of engines NOT to use a FOD screen with a full bypass. I’m curious as to the engine’s having issues.

- Are the engines in a full bypass?

- Are you using a FOD screen in a full bypass?
Old 07-17-2022, 12:44 PM
3DJunk

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some recent flying with Evoject 220Neo and AvantiS. I am using a FOD yes.

The following users liked this post:
BadBill (07-20-2022)