Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JP hobby elec brake question

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JP hobby elec brake question

Old 09-24-2023, 09:37 AM
model1258

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thatís what I did I got a LG-15 coming to replace JP, it worked great at first.
Old 01-06-2024, 09:55 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I initially had issues with my JP braking but found once I pulled the wheels , split the hub and removed the tiny magnets in the wheel hub that holds the floating brake disc; than all issues are gone.
It took quite a bit of electromagnetic power to pull the discs from the hub up against the braking unit. The controller is nothing much more than a DC motor speed control that allows proportional
power to the electromagnets. It shuts down when brakes not activated after X amount of non activation time to stop any unneeded current drain. I use these on a Reaction 50 jet at about 22 pounds auw.
True , not as good as some of the much more expensive systems like Xicoy. Not sure how well they work on heavier aircraft or if JP make stronger units.