Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Question about Jet-Tronic air filters

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Question about Jet-Tronic air filters

Old 08-16-2022, 07:23 AM
FenderBean

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Question about Jet-Tronic air filters

Question for the masses, when I got my big shipment of Jet-tronic air valves I also ordered some of their air filters. They are designed to keep the moisture out of your valves which can cause them to not function properly. If you have used these what has been your experience and how did you use them? I know most people use them when they add air but I think they are designed to go in your model. I was thinking about using them in my next build and just adding them inline on the fill ports to the air tanks but it can be a failure point. They have changeable filters with a lock system. Thanks
https://www.fb-rc.com/.../air-filter-for-the-air-valves
Old 08-17-2022, 03:35 PM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

If I had pneumatic retracts, I would look in to use dry nitrogen for the system. 20 cu.ft cylinders may be available at home depot.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:07 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 528 Likes on 393 Posts

I’ve never used them, it’s just more joints!
I add one drop of silicon oil (buggy shock oil) to the air filler valve at the start of each flying day. This is blown into the system and keeps things lubed.
Been doing it for 20 years and have super reliable gear.
Old 08-18-2022, 03:31 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 223 Likes on 181 Posts

Thats not a filter its a moisture trap
Old 08-18-2022, 04:37 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
Thats not a filter its a moisture trap
yelp understand that, bad wording on my part but Jet-tronic calls them air filters for their air valves. They serve two functions moisture and keeping any thing out of the air valve.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:44 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 223 Likes on 181 Posts

Ahh ok, that makes sense.
Old 08-18-2022, 05:30 AM
Auburn02

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

As we discussed in Kentucky I'm not entirely sure how effective they actually are at trapping moisture, especially on the compressor side that's being used to fill systems in multiple models 15-20 times or more in a day. Perhaps in a single model it would not saturate nearly as quickly and be more helpful.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:47 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by Auburn02 View Post
As we discussed in Kentucky I'm not entirely sure how effective they actually are at trapping moisture, especially on the compressor side that's being used to fill systems in multiple models 15-20 times or more in a day. Perhaps in a single model it would not saturate nearly as quickly and be more helpful.
yeah the ones on the compressor are essentially worthless but I was wondering about using it in the model application. Same results? guess I can try it on the next model, should have plenty of room .
Old 08-18-2022, 09:50 PM
David Gladwin

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

I ALWAYS have one in the delivery line of the compressor, never in the model. Certainly traps moisture as can be seen in the clear body ! Always assumed since it traps moisture it will also filter fine debris, seems to be the case !

Last edited by David Gladwin; 08-18-2022 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:08 PM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by David Gladwin View Post
I ALWAYS have one in the delivery line of the compressor, never in the model. Certainly traps moisture as can be seen in the clear body ! Always assumed since it traps moisture it will also filter fine debris, seems to be the case !
Even with one on my air compressor they always seem to still spit water out.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:44 PM
Auburn02

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Yep, my experience is the same. I have one on the delivery line of the compressor, and it certainly traps some that I see in the clear cylinder body of the trap itself. But I also have clear tubing on the output side of the trap and see plenty of moisture in there too.