Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help with controlling animatronic servo operated pilot

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help with controlling animatronic servo operated pilot

Old 09-16-2022, 11:09 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Help with controlling animatronic servo operated pilot

I am working on getting my pilot ready for my new jet next year, and was looking for a little advice. I have a pilot that will have multi axis movements, moving arms, head up and down, rotating head,
I have a 20ch transmitter but I really would prefer not to use 3 or 4 channels just for the pilot, not to mention trying to assign switches and program a sequenced setup through the transmitter, although I know it can be done. My question , is there a programmer or controller to use just for a pilot? perhaps one that only uses 1 signal to start a sequence, or multiple sequences? any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks
Old 09-16-2022, 11:12 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 257 Likes on 206 Posts

Helitronix used to have a device called a gun wiggler for running 3 axis chin guns or FLIR turrets on rc helis that would do what you want. I'd start there and see if you can find one or maybe if they still make them.
Old 09-16-2022, 02:30 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

Pololu has a huge selection of controllers
Old 09-18-2022, 08:10 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

invertmast,
Thanks buddy, the POLOLU site has exactly what I was hunting,
Old 09-19-2022, 02:29 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by raron455 View Post
invertmast,
Thanks buddy, the POLOLU site has exactly what I was hunting,

Glad i could help.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:20 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raron455 View Post
I am working on getting my pilot ready for my new jet next year, and was looking for a little advice. I have a pilot that will have multi axis movements, moving arms, head up and down, rotating head,
I have a 20ch transmitter but I really would prefer not to use 3 or 4 channels just for the pilot, not to mention trying to assign switches and program a sequenced setup through the transmitter, although I know it can be done. My question , is there a programmer or controller to use just for a pilot? perhaps one that only uses 1 signal to start a sequence, or multiple sequences? any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks
Pololu all the way ...

you can also use a spare channel to trigger off sub-scripts on demand, like the salute i set this pilot up to do on servo input. You can even use an ultrasonic sensor and accomplish the same thing as someone gets within proximity to the sensor . its a great way to impress fellow modelers while really freaking people out 😂

Voy

The following users liked this post:
invertmast (09-21-2022)