Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Krill AreS L. Does any have one are what are your thoughts?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Krill AreS L. Does any have one are what are your thoughts?

Old 09-26-2022, 09:58 AM
Agrav8ed

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Krill AreS L. Does any have one are what are your thoughts?

I was curious to know about the Krill AreS L and was looking for the opinion of those with this plane and how do you like it?
Thanks,
Tone
Old 10-01-2022, 06:15 AM
Agrav8ed

I have to say that I am completely shocked that no one in this forum has a Krill Ares L or XL. I wonder if that is for a reason or not.
Thanks,
Tone
Old 10-01-2022, 04:33 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

A good friend of mine has the L flies fabulous!

Old 10-01-2022, 07:36 PM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my experience, Krill's kit are almost impossible to buy in the US. Chief Aircraft import them but have no stock and don't know when they will get more. I tried to contact Krill directly and got no answers...

This is too bad because they appear to be producing fantastic products.
Old 10-02-2022, 03:00 AM
Bob_B

You can order direct from, thats your best bet.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:27 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 128 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed View Post
I have to say that I am completely shocked that no one in this forum has a Krill Ares L or XL. I wonder if that is for a reason or not.
Thanks,
Tone
‘Same here, and I don’t really confident in buying the almost unknown….
Old 10-03-2022, 01:03 AM
Bob_B

I have been flying the mini. Bought mine from Chief

The following users liked this post:
Halcyon66 (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 04:22 AM
sewbusy

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I maidened and trimmed out my good friend’s XL (Chris Tomberlin). The aircraft was built for precision competition and 3D jet flying. I watched the first one flown by Seba in Germany at the PowerBox Jet event when he performed the F3S sequence for the large crowd there in 2019. It flies very well and performs very precisely. You would not be disappointed at all. It is a big jet and handling/setting it up at the field will need some planning.
Chris likes it very much!

Old 10-03-2022, 05:35 AM
Agrav8ed

Thank you for all of the replies. The Ares mini is a bit small for what I want to do and the xl is too large. The L is technically a little bigger than I like but will do everything that I would like and has the thrust vectoring option. My back up would have been the Rebel Pro but while the pro is a good plane its not built as strong as the Krill and does not have the thrust vectoring option. The biggest pain in the butt is having to contact Krill directly to get anything done and the ridiculous shipping cost. I tried to go through chief but the told me it would be 12 months to get anything bigger than the mini.
Thanks,
Tone
Old 10-03-2022, 09:25 AM
Bob_B

If you go through the Krill contact page they are pretty quick to respond. What large jet from any manufacturer is cheap to ship today?
Old 10-03-2022, 10:36 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
If you go through the Krill contact page they are pretty quick to respond. What large jet from any manufacturer is cheap to ship today?
True. How are you liking the mini? Did it come with any linkages or anything?
Thanks,
Tone
Old 10-03-2022, 11:24 AM
Bob_B

Love the mini, flies much bigger as the wing loading is low. It is very precise! I currently fly it on an X45, I will probably upgrade to the X60 for next season as during the heat and humidity of summer verticals could use a little more push.
I have another club member getting close to the maiden with his powered by a K70, but he'll be a pound plus heavier so I'll be curious to see how his lands in particular.

Old 10-04-2022, 05:09 AM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been trying messages from their web site, speccing a model and there contact page... No answer after weeks. Will try again!

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
You can order direct from, thats your best bet.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:25 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by acw View Post
I have been trying messages from their web site, speccing a model and there contact page... No answer after weeks. Will try again!
I have been experiencing the same problems. I get a email response here and there but nothing about completing the order. Not sure what the deal is there.
Tone
Old 10-06-2022, 03:59 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 578 Likes on 422 Posts

Thank you for all of the replies. The Ares mini is a bit small for what I want to do and the xl is too large. The L is technically a little bigger than I like but will do everything that I would like and has the thrust vectoring option. My back up would have been the Rebel Pro but while the pro is a good plane its not built as strong as the Krill and does not have the thrust vectoring option. The biggest pain in the butt is having to contact Krill directly to get anything done and the ridiculous shipping cost. I tried to go through chief but the told me it would be 12 months to get anything bigger than the mini.
Thanks,
Tone
Not built as strong as Krill…funniest post ever on here. I have a friend on his second set of wings Ares L and they have just been rebuilt after a firm landing on grass. They just shatter. punching the gear through the top skin.
He made a similar mistake with his Mephisto and just carried on flying.

The following users liked this post:
skymaster68 (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 04:44 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere View Post
Not built as strong as Krill…funniest post ever on here. I have a friend on his second set of wings Ares L and they have just been rebuilt after a firm landing on grass. They just shatter. punching the gear through the top skin.
Please forgive him, he does not know what his talking about, unless that pro is from pirotti.....
Old 10-08-2022, 05:29 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere View Post
Originally Posted by skymaster68 View Post
Please forgive him, he does not know what his talking about, unless that pro is from pirotti.....
1st of all, I do not know why you both are jumping on my ass. If you dont have anything constrictive to add then don't. And Dave, you are a Carf Rep and have been for a long time, therefore you are possibly biased and very pro Carf. As is your right. You are knowledgeable individual and I enjoy many of your post but not sure why you take such offense to my opinion that the Pro is not built a strongly as the Krill. I did not say the Rebel Pro was crap. Niether did I say that there was a problem with it or that it was not a good kit. I have nothing against Carf. And I loved my Rebel classic. And if the Pro had a thrust vectoring option I may have gone that routr. But I have built many kits and compared to some others like T-one, SAB, Havok, and even the Mephisto or the older Carf Viper there appears to be a lack of carbon fiber in strategic area's in the wing and fuse. The Krill AreS L is built with thrust vectoring and from what I can tell more carbon fiber reinforcement in key area's. Which in many cases indicate a stronger build. As I said, I loved my Rebel classic. Its built very light, but it works and flew the crap out of it. However, when I just wanted to have some fun and crank out some 3d maneuvers I never felt as comfortable doing it in the Rebel as I did with other jets like the T-one. Perhaps my statement should have been that the Pro "appears" to be built stronger. Either way, not sure why you took such offense to my comments. But I respect your opinion.

Tone

Last edited by Agrav8ed; 10-08-2022 at 05:37 AM.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:05 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 578 Likes on 422 Posts

Tone

i am a CARF Rep, but if you knew me that does not bias me. I have had quite a few Krill aeroplanes through my hands and they are Worlds apart from CARF. I could destroy them with a list of failures and poorly built airframes. It’s just a fact that the Ares L is not strong. These were not crashes, they were firm landings, but with an experienced pilot…wings just crumpled.
I’m a firm believer in building to fly and not ‘crash’ but the models I had through here were not thought out. CARF only use Carbon were it’s needed, they don’t add it to be pretty.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dave Wilshere:
paulhat (10-08-2022), skymaster68 (10-08-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 10:18 PM
RichJ53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,
Tone
I have both the AreS XL and L kits..... I am focused on my XL so the shop is full

I will be selling my AreS L on and will list it on RCGroups before Christmas It is a beautiful Jet and I have everything for the build plus Grumania Vector pipe and Black Electron gear with GS200 controller. Its a custom Seba scheme
Let me know if you are interested

Rich
Old 11-21-2022, 11:41 PM
RichJ53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
So if anyone else might be interested please reach out to me here or on rcgroups. I would be happy to share any information requested.

I will be selling my AreS L on and will list it on RCGroups before Christmas It is a beautiful Jet and I have everything for the build plus Grumania Vector pipe and Black Electron gear with GS200 controller. Its a custom Seba scheme, also the Revoc wing and fuselage bags with Krill on them.
Let me know if you are interested
thank you
Rich