Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

US Dollar VS Euro

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

US Dollar VS Euro

Old 10-25-2022, 10:38 AM
DUCMOZ

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default US Dollar VS Euro

As we all know, US Dollar is almost 25% stronger against Euro from say 15 months ago. The Asian kit manufacturers keep the price consistent so no issue there but the Europeans adjusted when the Dollar was low. I wonder if we would see re-adjusting now that Dollar is strong.
Old 10-25-2022, 12:05 PM
Halcyon66

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

US $$ strength is off the back of the FED rate rises, projections show that the FED will continue until 4.5~4.75 and that will mean the $$ strength should continue.

EU is in a bind as inflation is a mess and yet they cannot increase rates due to the weakness in all the economies. Asian markets price in USD anyway, pegged so to say.

So you will probably find if anything the EU sellers will increase prices as all their downstream costs are growing.

In other words, I don't think you will see any price drops.

Regards,
Old 10-25-2022, 01:53 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ View Post
As we all know, US Dollar is almost 25% stronger against Euro from say 15 months ago. The Asian kit manufacturers keep the price consistent so no issue there but the Europeans adjusted when the Dollar was low. I wonder if we would see re-adjusting now that Dollar is strong.
I speculated on this question a while back with regard to Horizon specifically as all their stuff is manufactured in Asian countries where their currency is getting tanked by the US Dollar.

Someone responded that in those situations, the contracts are negotiated in US Dollars to eliminate the issue with currency value fluctuations, so there would not be any change on the Horizon stuff. A foreign based seller should be expected to acknowledge the currency exchange rates as they do dropping the VAT tax in Europe on USA customers.

If they do not, they are just screwing you......
Old 10-25-2022, 03:13 PM
Halcyon66

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

EUR/USD : Euro - US Dollar Forward rates | FX Empire

This link will give an indication of where the market thinks the cross is going.

Regards,