Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 06:52 AM
jerrybern

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Jeti Question

I have replaced the tranmiter in my 1/4 scale Vampire I went from a Futaba to a 12 Jeti.The Futaba I had no problem making it fit.Here is were the problem is coming in, where do I put those antennas? They are much longer.I have both the 2.4 and 900,any suggestions?
Thanks
Jerry B
Old 11-22-2022, 09:03 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Put them wherever suits. The only bit that is active is the end with yellow heatshrink.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:40 AM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

I recommend putting the yellow tips as far apart as possible and and make sure to orient them 90 degrees from each other. Also get the yellow tips away from real carbon fiber as it will shield the signal. As Harry said only the yellow tip is the antenna part. The black part is just shielded cable. I also do the same thing with the blade antennas on the 900 receiver by spreading them out and mounting 90 degrees from each other.

I always check the switch over from 2.4 to 900 by turning off the 2.4 on the transmitter and observing the correct operation on 900. I also test the switch over during my range checks before flying by checking both 2.4 and switch over to 900 from the nose, tail, and both wing tips. So far it's always worked perfectly.

I too switched to Jeti from Futaba a few years ago. Never had any problems with Futaba but would never go back after seeing all the Jeti system offers.

Good Luck,
Gary

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 11-22-2022 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:17 AM
jerrybern

Originally Posted by HarryC
Put them wherever suits. The only bit that is active is the end with yellow heatshrink.
Hi Harry,
Does that mean that I can coil up the extra wire on the antennas,being that I have such a small electronics tray? also the tray
is not carbon fiber it is abs laminated to lite ply
Thanks,
Jerry B
Old 11-22-2022, 12:52 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrybern
Hi Harry,
Does that mean that I can coil up the extra wire on the antennas,being that I have such a small electronics tray? also the tray
Thanks,
Jerry B
yes, the black part is not the aerial, it is long to let you get the yellow parts far apart etc etc
Old 11-22-2022, 06:18 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrybern
Hi Harry,
Thanks,
Jerry B
You don't have to limit the location of the antennas by the small size of the electronics tray. You can put them anywhere, preferably 90 deg., and far away from each other.
Old 11-22-2022, 08:03 PM
jerrybern

Originally Posted by causeitflies
You don't have to limit the location of the antennas by the small size of the electronics tray. You can put them anywhere, preferably 90 deg., and far away from each other.
I know that however , the jet is built up with
wooden bulk heads there's not a lot of room to stretch out the length of the antennas. See my orginal build thread 1/4 scale build starts" or something like that,it will give you an idea of how small and narrow is the fuselage

Thanks
Jerry B
Old 11-23-2022, 04:46 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Great system you will love it. You need to do a mind reset on the Futaba. Learn the Jeti logic it’s wonderful engineering.
Old 11-23-2022, 06:06 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Dito, I was Futaba from the 4 chl up to the 10, almost jump to the 16 chl.
Jeti, very flexible system.