Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RC Wagon for equipment

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RC Wagon for equipment

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2023, 04:39 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RC Wagon for equipment

This may sound like a dumb question but I have seen pics and videos of people using a foldable wagon to transport their RC equipment during fun flies. I there a particular type or brand that everyone is using? Any recommendations on wheel size, wagon size, is it worth it ect?
Thanks,
Tone
Old 03-21-2023, 05:00 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I went from the roller wagons to this rolling tool bag. I can move everything I need.

Clay

Old 03-21-2023, 05:07 PM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Wclays
I went from the roller wagons to this rolling tool bag. I can move everything I need.

Clay

Thanks for the input Clay. However, I am looking for something that can carry a bit more stuff like my 5-gallon fuel can, fire extinguisher, etc.
Thanks,
Tone
Old 03-21-2023, 05:31 PM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not need one yet, I just googled "folding wagon cart" and there are a lot to choose from covering a wide price range.
For fun flies I would lean to one with the wide wheels so that it will roll over grass and or gravel better than a narrow wheel that will try to sink in.
Also the bigger the wheel diameter the better it will go over obstacles.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:52 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry I can't remember the name of mine. My wife bought it for me many years ago at Aldi's for about $30. I think some of the newer ones have improvements. But at least you can see how much stuff it holds for me; 5 gal. of fuel, 5 gal. of smoke, taxi tank, fire extinguisher, air compressor, radio case, roll of paper towels, two cup holders and room for more. I don't know what I'd do without it, especially since I transport everything in a mini-van and don't have room for a regular wagon.

Old 03-21-2023, 06:20 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Costco usually has them… and sporting goods stores.

Popular among the soccer and lacrosse parents.

I’m sure you can get them on Amazon too.

Old 03-21-2023, 06:50 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I got mine from Academy Sporting Goods, but you can also get them on Amazon, search for folding garden cart.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:28 PM
Agrav8ed

I did not check Costco, but yes. There are a ton an Amazon to choose from. I just was not sure if there was a certain brand or type that was recommended. I think I may go with this one.

Old 03-21-2023, 08:25 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I only know one guy that got one with those wheels and he didn't like it. I think they are meant for sand on a beach. May be fine but I would wait for more feedback on those wheels.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:38 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

also. the ones with the really narrow spacing between the front, or rear, wheels, are really easy to tip over.
similar to the one in that last pic.
The following users liked this post:
Auburn02 (03-22-2023)
Old 03-21-2023, 11:32 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Have a piece of 1/8 ply I throw in mine before I load it rather than relying on the fabric to support the load.
Old 03-22-2023, 02:27 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

Academy sports with the beach wheels. Of course the wife takes it to the beach but I dont have any issues using it at the field.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:45 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I got mine at Walmart. It is about 5-years old and was $37. It has a stiff flat bottom that folds up and stores in a side pocket when the cart is folded. No need to add any additional stiffeners, boards, etc.. The wide tire one I had was a PITA to store. Mine has the narrow tires and it has never tipped over. Mine holds the Txer case, a 5# extinguisher and the 5-gallon jersey modeler (Both Types) with some extra room for other stuff (e.g. a roll of paper towels, etc.). Also, there are several pockets on the outside of it. There is a picture of a similar one in casueitflies post. But his does not have the side pockets.

Do you need it??? I have hauled a full fuel can for hundreds of yards (i.e. Joe Nall). That is what caused me to go to a Walmart and buy it! It proved to be a life saver! I still use it at our field where the fuel pads are only 20 -30' from the trailer. My equipment always comes out of the trailer into the wagon. It saves a lot of trips back and forth from the fuel pads to the trailer. It saves picking up the fuel can twice every time I fuel. It keeps all my stuff together at crowded events. Probably one of the best support items I have bought for flying jets.
Old 03-22-2023, 03:29 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Been using this one from Walmart for many years. Holds everything and folds up for transport. The all terrain wheels have been very helpful on many a wet grass field over the years. Was $50 when I bought it. I got rid of my first wagon with the narrow wheels because it was harder to pull. Lots of choices. Good luck!