Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FeiBao Velox XL From Global Jet Club

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FeiBao Velox XL From Global Jet Club

Old 05-25-2023, 12:56 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FeiBao Velox XL From Global Jet Club

The FeiBao Velox XL is a proven full composite twin boom airframe for over 15 years. New For 2023, Feibao has some new improvement and upgrades. We start with electric retracts and brakes, , Airex composite construction, scale cockpit and kevlar tanks.

Our Xcalibur Plus is no longer in production so this Velox XL is a great alternative and has much better composite construction and paint schemes. The cockpit is based on the FB 1/6 F16 cockpit, but a new dashboard is in the making to resolve the obstruction from the nose gear steering as shown on my build.

Please note that I change some hardware out, not because the original items have any problems, but based solely on personal preferences.

Length: 96"(2450mm)
Wingspan: 85"(2150mm)
Power: 27 to 36 lbs thrust
Weight: 34~36 Lb
Radio: 9 Servos required
As will be built here, it will require 12 servos

https://globaljet.club/collections/feibao/products/velox-xl-arf-plus-fb

Since this is the first one being built with the new electric landing gear and the scale cockpit, I had to make modifications so that the cockpit did not interfere with the steering servo, this meant moving the pilot tub as far back as possible. This information has already been sent to FeiBao who will now make the changes in the cockpit

F-16 Scale Cockpit

Extension made out of styrene to the front part of the cockpit

Full view

I mean it's plastic / styrene

I bet you this plastic was way cheaper than any other plastic or styrene that is available for hobby use. 😉

Cockpit moved all the way back

Clears the steering servo

Clears.

Last edited by Turbulence; 05-25-2023 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-27-2023, 04:38 PM
Turbulence

Work finally resumed on the FaiBao Velox XL available through Global Jet Club, first up was to get the 1/7 - 1/8 Pilot from Warbird Pilots into the cockpit. Since it is. Little too big, I had to remove the boots and then fold the legs back in order to get him to fit. He is also sorta slouching in the seat a little. Now it fits fine, I used safety wire to tie him down into the seat. On to the servos, I am using Futaba HV on Ailerons and

The Warbird Pilots 1/8 -1/7 pilot

Before loosing his boots.

Remove the boots and fold his legs back to about the knees.

Ready to install

A.little but of clearance netween thr head and the plastic canopy

It fits now, he is slouching a little too.

The holenir eye in the control surface should ve at the hinge line

Get all your hardware ready

I use wax paper to avoid gluing the seevo to the cover.

With Glye, ready to be installed

Then use the included hardware to also secure the servo L brackets to the doors / covers.

Flaps while the Rudders, and Elevators have GDW HV installed. The servo mounts can be installed with two screws per side or you can do like me and glue them first and then use the screws. Before you start on the servos, make sure you have the servos with the arms you are going to use. You want to center the servos as best as possible and align it to the hole in the Elevator servo door Since I was gluing the servo mounts first, I covered the servo with Wax Paper from the kitchen to make sure the servo itself would not be glued to the cover. https://globaljet.club/products/velox-xl-arf-plus-fb
Old 06-27-2023, 04:44 PM
Turbulence

Fuel Tank Assembly.

Make sure youe clunk will fit into the. Ew hardware

All three fuel tanks done.

Plenry of Aeropoxy left drying for 48 hours.

Vent Hole

The Ve t installed

Make sure the tank and vent will fit inside the Jet and the vent does not get in the way to remove or install the tank in place.
Please note that I change some hardware out, not because the original items have any problems, but based solely on personal build preferences and style. In this part, I will build out the fuel tanks. I prefer not to to use the brass tube method and insead use different fuel tank hardware, I used parts I already had at home. Ideally you want to remove the old fitting already in the tank, but for simplicity, I left it place. Sand the inside of the existing aluminum insert and use appropriate glue to mount the new ones. I used Thixotropic glue, in my case BVM Aeropoxy, but you can use your favorite brand from Loctite or 3M. Before you install your tank vent line, make sure to test fit the side fuel tanks inside the fuselage and see where you can install the vent fitting where it will not interfere with the formers or anything else. When you are ready to drill the hole for the vent, make sure it is undersized and then use your vent to tap the tank or use an actual tap. I can't stress enough that this change in hardware is a personal choice. You can use the standard tank hardware included with your Velox XL kit, If you use the stock fittings, I would highly recommend you install the 3x brass tubes in each fuel tank and then curl up, cover or simply plug the third line not used. Do this inside the fuel tank and also on the outside with the third line, it is not IF the third hole that is not cut open all the way, will open up and leak, it is a matter of When, so it is best to plug it up. If.you want to go Hi-Flow, Global Jet Club has Intairco brand fittings to get you going. https://globaljet.club/collections/f...xl-arf-plus-fb
Old 06-27-2023, 04:56 PM
Turbulence

Let's install the Rudder servos on the FeiBao Velox XL

In the first picture is all the hardware that is needed, you need to have the pushrods ready or handy, this will determine the orientation of the servo inside the boom.

You want to install / glue the control horn so that the eye for the pushrods is over the hinge line of the rudder. You need to sand the control horn, and make the hole / slot / pocket on the rudder in order to glue it where it the hinge line is. Also on this set of pictures, I have marked the control arm to show how deep it is into the rudder for gluing.

Your servo selection will vary by brand, and there us just way to many choices out there. Global Jet Club can now set you up with a servo package. I am usingeft over stock from other builds and or other Jets. Just hardware I had in stock at home. The best way I can say, is to stick to a standard size servo as much as possible. If you need a size specifications, I would say look up a JR DS8411 and try to stick to that size. All of my servos are bigger and required me to trim the mounts to get the servos to fit into the pockets.

I have not been wanting to show the servos I al using, but if you look up the specifications of the GDWDS635MG, it is on the larger size and cause you to trim at least two of the four cover door supports inside the boom the servos used are a little too tall.

Make the pushrod as small as possible and keep in mind, you may have to make the slot / hole in the servo cover larger if you do not have enough Rudder control throw. The orientation of the pushrods is also determined by the servo pocket, in all of my servos, the pushrods was installed on the top side of where the servo arm is located

Old 06-30-2023, 01:00 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

FeiBao still in business? Thought they went for under.
Old 07-01-2023, 06:15 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 128 Likes on 89 Posts

Fei Bao actually makes some of the better Chinese ARFs available. I have had several and they are all well built and every one flew great.
Old 07-01-2023, 06:29 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I had the MIG-15. Built like a tank. Sold years ago.That was at Florida jets 2017 I believe

Next MIg is from CompArf. I had to modify so much to get the main landing gear to function but overall nice kit.