Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Best In The West Jet Rally for 2023 Registration is Open

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Best In The West Jet Rally for 2023 Registration is Open

Old 06-15-2023, 08:13 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best In The West Jet Rally for 2023 Registration is Open

BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY 2023!
Hello Pilots,
I have posted this year event several months ago, and here are the dates: Monday, October 2nd. through Sunday, October 8th., 2023
We are looking for another great event for 2023 and I received exciting news about Buttonwillow Airport.
The Airport has filled in all Cracks etc., to the Runway and the Taxiway, they also Slurry Coated the Runway and Taxiway, hopefully they may do the tie down area where the Tents are located.
Now both Runway and Taxiway are smooth and Black Coated and lined.
I have Opened Up Pre Registration, so you may pre register now if you would like.
TENTS:
All Pilots who rented a Tent in 2022, will have first right to rent there 2022 Tent and Position for 2023, if you are not attending but rented a tent in 2022, please let me know. We will have the big Tent 40 X 80 again for our Banquet Dinner on Saturday Night.
I am looking forward to seeing you all come October.
All 2022 and previous Sponsors are welcomed to Sponsor for 2023. If you would like to be a Sponsor, please let me know.
Please log onto: =AT0Kc6BUU7HYLhJw1lA5EKMemRLoBLjvJphgqLNHafvT3oMgO QgPY_YlRJNSy1ZfZ2P4t-H6di6uef1iZaYV1zeK6-Ma1TjLXuRQzM09LuMv4UB5G0c_JV4eWWgcINAbRn16COtsMbgG 5MsC_fm9]www.bestinthewestjetrally.com and pre-register
Thank you all,
Joe C!
Old 06-15-2023, 06:04 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It will be my first visit out to BITW. Is there trailer overnight parking and aircraft storage at the event? I would be looking at coming with my own 10x20 tent. and 18' trailer.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:37 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by wojtek
It will be my first visit out to BITW. Is there trailer overnight parking and aircraft storage at the event? I would be looking at coming with my own 10x20 tent. and 18' trailer.
No aircraft storage, no paved trailer parking area, lots of unpaved areas coupled with lots of wind, will make this the WORST camping experience you will ever have. Unheard of bands playing something they call music into the middle of the night, food at the dinners is a joke. Bye the time you get to your table it's cold. Most of it even warm, would not be what I'd call "good".

When you get home, it'll take you a week to clean out the dirt from your trailer and any other camping stuff you took with you.

My advice; pass.........
Old 06-15-2023, 10:34 PM
wojtek

Originally Posted by Zeeb
No aircraft storage, no paved trailer parking area, lots of unpaved areas coupled with lots of wind, will make this the WORST camping experience you will ever have. Unheard of bands playing something they call music into the middle of the night, food at the dinners is a joke. Bye the time you get to your table it's cold. Most of it even warm, would not be what I'd call "good".

When you get home, it'll take you a week to clean out the dirt from your trailer and any other camping stuff you took with you.

My advice; pass.........
Well i was definitely not looking to camp ! lol .. I'll only camp where there are no people, otherwise it defeats the purpose for me... I was looking to see if people leave their RC hauler trailers at the field overnight, or pack up every night and take everything back to the hotel. I have not been to any events out in the West besides some at the local club in StGeorge since moving out this way, so trying to figure the way around out here, and this seems like one of the more known larger events out this way ...
Old 06-16-2023, 07:28 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Button Willow is an OLD GA airport which while technically an FAA recognized facility, I damn sure would not land a full scale down there. I don't really remember seen anyone leave utility trailers unless they are associate with guys camping there. IF it was me, I'd just plan on taking the trailer back to the hotel. You're going to have to take the models apart and put them in the trailer at the end of the day anyway, so taking the trailer with you would be the smart move in my opinion.
Old 06-16-2023, 07:53 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Zeeb being Zeeb, the constant turd in the punch bowl. When was the last time you were at the the Willow? There hasnít been a live band at the event in 8 or 9 years. The wind is rarely an issue at the Willow in the fall. it is perfect weather. That wind is a spring time issue. The bbq company is feeding 180+ people. It will not be piping hot. The only time that would happen is if you grab it off of the grill.

oh, and here is a pic of the runway. Fresh crack seal and slurry coat.

Button Willow is an OLD GA airport which while technically an FAA recognized facility, I damn sure would not land a full scale down there. I don't really remember seen anyone leave utility trailers unless they are associate with guys camping there. IF it was me, I'd just plan on taking the trailer back to the hotel. You're going to have to take the models apart and put them in the trailer at the end of the day anyway, so taking the trailer with you would be the smart move in my opinion.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:07 AM
wojtek

Well, RCU will always be RCU ... things need to be always taken with a grain of salt and thick skin, lol .... Anyway , I plan on being there with my son who just also started flying turbines this year. That runway looks great ... im sure there will be less wind there than we have around southern UT the same time of year ( or more like every day )

V

The following users liked this post:
quist (06-16-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

My advice; pass.........
Wow thats harsh... Buttonwillow has very little wind that time of year and perfect temps imo its a great place for an event.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:00 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Don’t listen to Zeeb ( Zeeb is Zeeb 😵‍💫 ) go ahead, make the trip, enjoy the event, you and family will have a blast, make sure you keep yourself hydrated, use sunscreen, when we attend we always leave all the toys under the tents, at night the guys will be wrenching till around midnight, it becomes a small settlement for a few days, if I had a Caravan to haul my toys, I would not hesitate to land there, park and fly.

Last edited by CARS II; 06-17-2023 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-17-2023, 10:30 AM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My advice; pass.........
Having been to the last 4 BITW I canít see much if anything in the above post that is actually fact. People do leave trailers on site. People leave their planes on site overnight under their tent. Never have I heard of anything going missing. Never has it been really windy and any breeze is welcomed by me in the middle of the desert. Ok your shoes may be a little dusty after a few days there but thatís not much of a hardship is it? Never have I seen a band play there. The food is ALWAYS excellent. The auction is can only be described amazing. As for the flying itself, itís a fabulous site with no restrictions and the sun is always behind you. Iíll always attend this event if I can.

Last edited by jason; 06-17-2023 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-12-2023, 06:46 AM
aicdeftone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Botw 23

I went last year. It was AWESOME! Very nice displays and very cool people to speak with. Spent a little too much at some of the vendors, ha. Sitting on 3 scale jets of my own that i don't have time for. This event motivates me to get to retirement.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:50 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Pilots,
Just a reminder, we are less than 1 month out from Best in the West, October 2 through October 8th., 2023.
I know I keep asking about Pre-Registering, only because it is important to know how much food I need to order for both dinners and of course Taco night, so it is 3 nights of dinners that have to be catered in to the Buttonwillow Field. Also, Shirts, I order shirts for all registers, Just know; not this year, Shirts will only be given to all pre registered Pilots, I can not order like in the past extra Shirts for pilots who may attend and register at the field, this will also be for anyone who needs a banquet ticket(s) and or need tickets for Thursday & Friday dinners for family and friends.
Tents; There are Tents available to rent, pilots who know they are attending and renting a tent, it is important to register now, or you may loose your tent position that is being held for you, tent orders have already been placed and paid. Please go and Pre register today.
Pre- Registration and Tent Rentals, etc., will end on Wednesday September 27th.
Also if you plan on staying at the field, remember to purchase your RV Parking Pass.
Thank you all, and I am looking forward to seeing you soon.
Joe C
www.bestinthewestjetrally.com
"AMERICA'S FAVORITE JET RALLY"