Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti questions

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti questions

Old 06-19-2023, 04:03 PM
jerrybern

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Jeti questions

OK, I have looked at all the videos, and I still don't understand how to get the telemetry display on the home screen, I must have done something that got the rpms in the clock box,which is fine and I was also were able to get the egt temp. on the home screen. How do you get control commands like flaps down ? I like the idea of being able to have this available if I want it.I bought this for those reasons, I have a DS12 going through a Central Box 220.My Futaba didn't have those options so it never bothered me.
Thanks in advance
Old 06-20-2023, 04:44 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts

Go check out Harry Curzons Video on You Tube. He covers everything.
Old 06-20-2023, 04:51 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts

1. How to restore the clock to the top right box:
a. Menu - Timers/Sensors - Main Screen - Use the pull down menu under "Telemetry displayed at Clock Panel" select "Default"

2. How to add telemetry displayed on the screens:
a. Menu - Timers/Sensors - - Displayed Telemetry - Push the button under Add. then select from "System", "Timers" or "Telemetry"
b. Choose yes or no for display size, the larger size shows the peak readings, hte smaller size allows for more displayed per screen. You can change it any time.
c. Under the Displayed Telemetry screen menu, you will see a list of the elements you selected. You can click on them, and move them up or down with the arrows to rearrange and organize the screens to your liking.

How to make flaps work with flight modes:
a. I use sub trim to put the flaps in the cruise or retracted position, I set up my servos so neutral is with the flaps half way down.
b. Model - Function Asssignment - Make flaps blank, no assigned control - it will have three little dots.
c. Set up flight modes, and assign to a 3-position switch. Flight Modes are under the Fine Tuning Menu - I like Cruise, Take Off and Landing.
d. Set up Butterfly/Crow - I set the control switch to the same three-position switch that I use for Flight Modes. Set mode for SIngle. Set the Ailerons/Flaps & elevator for each flight mode, you need to do it three times. Then when you switch flight modes the flaps will deploy as you desire. Use a bit of delay, like a 1-2 seconds for a slower movement of the flaps.
e. Under Fine tuning - Digital Trim - set the trims for elevator to Single. Then you can trim the elevator for each flight mode.
The following users liked this post:
LA jetguy (06-21-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 09:42 AM
jerrybern

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Thank you very much! That was a quick and easy way to co it
Regards,
Jerry B
Old 06-21-2023, 03:16 AM
jstras

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another way of making flaps work with flight modes:
as jvaliensi wrote incl point c
d. under curves, select flaps and change from Global to Single, then change curve from linear to constant, then adjust percentage to set flaps to your liking (repeat change curve + percentage for each flight mode)
e. fine trim flaps throw under flight mode trim, make sure to deselect sym to be able to trim each surface individually (repeat for each flight mode). here you can also mix-in camber if you wish.

as always with jeti, number of ways to achieve the same thing.