Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM/Jetlegend F-16 1/6 elevator control

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM/Jetlegend F-16 1/6 elevator control

Old 07-04-2023, 02:22 AM
dutchjet
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default BVM/Jetlegend F-16 1/6 elevator control

I have my F-16 for a few months now and somehow I did not have the "locked in" feeling I would like on the elevator control.

I found that I have considerable flex in my horizontal stabilizers, when you move them they are very steppy (like the resolution is not fine enough) but also if you test them by hand it's not very rigid and they can flex quite a bit.

When I had a look at the servo control I see a servo mount construction that is designed to give a rigid construction when the pushrod would be in line but not when the push rod is under an angle like its in my F-16.

I changed the constuction and now it is much more rigid plus the steppy movement is gone also, dont know if it was just my F-16 or its a general thing so I share what I did in case any of you have the same problem.

This is how it was originally

This is how I changed it
The following 3 users liked this post by dutchjet:
blackcat (07-04-2023), jorgeelizondom (10-06-2023), Viper1GJ (07-04-2023)