Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM 1:7.75 F-18F Hornet flying qualities...

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM 1:7.75 F-18F Hornet flying qualities...

Old 01-16-2024, 10:08 AM
MFIGHT43

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default BVM 1:7.75 F-18F Hornet flying qualities...

I am contemplating this aircraft as I love the F-18, but I am wondering what peeps REALLY feel about it.

Compared to other jets it seems the wing loading is fairly high. I know of several people who have this jet, but they don't fly it often. Someone once commented to me about it, "yeah everyone has one of those but they definitely don't fly it often. It's not their 'go-to jet' ".

On the other hand, I have read people saying "it's a great flying jet". As compared to what? Other scale jets?

I have been flying turbines for about 6 months now (with many many years experience in R/C prior to) using sport jets. They fly fantastic and are very addicting. And I'd like to continue with those nice flying qualities. Are scale jets worth the sacrifice in performance and handling qualities?

So what do you think? If you've flown one of these, what's your opinion?

Last edited by MFIGHT43; 01-16-2024 at 03:08 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 01-17-2024, 10:47 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

It is a wonderful jet, and would be an excellent choice for a first scale jet. Very docile, but aerobatic. A sweetheart in the landing pattern. You just need to keep the power on. The landing gear is complicated, and probably wonít take multiple bad landings, but is robust enough to withstand reasonable use. Donít be afraid to pull the trigger. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2024, 11:15 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I had one early last year, tons of flights, absolutely loved it, great jet from takeoff to landing. I hated to sell it but had to so I could afford the 1:5.5 I currently have, which also is an amazing jet. I Would get another 1:7 in a heartbeat!!
Old 01-17-2024, 11:25 AM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I had a field I could fly it every day, I would. It’s a *****cat, but also a lot of fun. I haven’t really noticed the high wing loading, so I’m not sure where that comment comes from. Maybe compared to a sport jet, but they’re ridiculously low anyway.
Ive a yellow ac F15, which is slightly smaller. The F15 gets airborne quicker but the f18 is nicer to fly, and nicer to land.
im not sure where you’ve heard the hate, but I love my one and if it crashed it, I’d order another the following day. Cant say that for many jet’s.
Old 01-17-2024, 10:54 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

I have spoke to just about everyone Iíve run across that has this jet at the meets Iíve been to. All of them have told me itís a great flying plane. One thing that Iíve noticed is that they all say ďitís fun to flyĒ. I had one, had to sell it before I got a chance to fly it but Iíll get another one. Itís on the top of my list.