Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Which Jet airframe would you not buy again? Why?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Which Jet airframe would you not buy again? Why?

Old 02-01-2024, 02:06 PM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Jet airframe would you not buy again? Why?

In an effort to narrow the list of what I want next.. which airframe do you regret buying and why? Jets are such a small community we need to talk up the good and share about the bad.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:16 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Carf A4 bc andreas is a crook.

long story short. Sold me an incomplete cockpit, then blamed it on “new old stock” and it “not being made anymore” even though i had proof that the maker of the cockpit for carf had a partial order placed around the same time that i ordered the kit. The parts carf ordered (from the maker) were the same items that i got in my partial cockpit, and one of the parts was broken.

andreas blamed it on me for “not knowing what i was buying”, which is hard to not know when its advertised as complete and ready to install on the carf website.
The following users liked this post:
Springbok Flyer (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 06:31 AM
qcsteve

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

For the most part every jet has its problems. I personally have built or assembled 18 jets from all the current brands. Yes I have had some really bad airframes and will not be buying that product again.

You are right about being a small community and that’s why I’m not going to help create a “top 10 worst jet list”. Most, if not all the companies that sell jets has someone on the forum. I know it’s a free country but I’d be careful bashing brands on here.

I’d recommend a nice sports jet with electrons.
Old 02-04-2024, 09:06 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Plenty of videos out there showing such things, I would just search through build threads so you can see first hand. Like qc said just bashing is not the best approach and I think against forum rules but don't quote me on that.
Old 02-04-2024, 07:30 PM
Piggy18

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just my 2 cents:

Jmb / Wind RC - terrible build quality (worst part is the formers can be pulled out by hand with a good tug), my friend bought one two years ago however maybe they have improved since then.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:23 AM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a fine line between Bashing and sharing one’s experiences. If a person is telling the truth and sharing what they found then there is nothing wrong with that.

Seems as though modelers have forgotten that if we don’t share our experiences we will just get taken advantage of. I’m a firm believer in calling out the bad as well as the good.
The following users liked this post:
Jannica (02-07-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 08:49 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Bryant
There is a fine line between Bashing and sharing one’s experiences. If a person is telling the truth and sharing what they found then there is nothing wrong with that.

Seems as though modelers have forgotten that if we don’t share our experiences we will just get taken advantage of. I’m a firm believer in calling out the bad as well as the good.
Which is exactly why I mentioned going to the actual build threads, because most threads of this nature will typically go south and off topic. Plus you get to see it for yourself vs taking someones word that could just be angry about something.