Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Central Rhino 200 SE - Trim Up?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Central Rhino 200 SE - Trim Up?

Old 03-19-2024, 04:15 PM
SpringPulse92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Central Rhino 200 SE - Trim Up?

I'm currently in the process of designing a test stand for my Jet Central Rhino 200 SE, which is expected to arrive in about a week. As I haven't ordered an RC controller yet, I'm planning to use a potentiometer along with an Arduino to control the throttle. However, I've the controller requires 'trim up' and 'trim down' commands during the starting process. I am looking for advice and insights on how I can program these functions into my setup using the potentiometer and Arduino. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Old 03-19-2024, 05:22 PM
FlyJ

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SpringPulse92
I'm currently in the process of designing a test stand for my Jet Central Rhino 200 SE, which is expected to arrive in about a week. As I haven't ordered an RC controller yet, I'm planning to use a potentiometer along with an Arduino to control the throttle. However, I've the controller requires 'trim up' and 'trim down' commands during the starting process. I am looking for advice and insights on how I can program these functions into my setup using the potentiometer and Arduino. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Id recommend using a potentiometer and a momentary push button. The button will be used to shut the turbine down (this replaces the trim down). when the button is pressed, the Arduino sends a low pulse width (~900ms). If the button isnt pressed, the pot will control the throttle range and send pulse with from ~1100ms-1900ms.

Last edited by FlyJ; 03-19-2024 at 05:25 PM.