Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New jets 2024?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New jets 2024?

Old 03-30-2024, 03:33 AM
Mikey5547

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New jets 2024?

What the title says wondering whatís new coming this year including turbines?

Skymaster are still only doing Giant planes that only the rich can afford and store and transport. Jetlegend and BVM havenít heard anything new from them in years.

Jetcat is doing a Anniversary show in Germany this yearÖ maybe new things to be announced?
Old 03-30-2024, 03:38 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 358 Likes on 288 Posts

BVM just dropped a 1/4 scale F-16 but I'm sure it won't be budget or prius friendly.
Old 03-30-2024, 03:42 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Max 2.5m lenght sized jets would be fine ( of course removable nosecone would a bonus) in every way. More affordable, easier to handle and move around without a trailer.

F35, F22 , a real scale F18D etc.. nowadays every plane seems to be in excess of 3m lenght and over 25kg.
Old 03-30-2024, 04:05 AM
Mikey5547

Originally Posted by Ceeray
Max 2.5m lenght sized jets would be fine ( of course removable nosecone would a bonus) in every way. More affordable, easier to handle and move around without a trailer.

F35, F22 , a real scale F18D etc.. nowadays every plane seems to be in excess of 3m lenght and over 25kg.
I agree. Obviously everyone is different but itís annoying when they only cater to one size of the market rather than do different sizes for everyone. Skymaster are doing 4M sizes now and donít have any plans for smaller.
Old 03-30-2024, 04:06 AM
Mikey5547

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
BVM just dropped a 1/4 scale F-16 but I'm sure it won't be budget or prius friendly.
Would be nice if they brought out a decent sized PNP T33 or something rather than bigger of F16 thereís a million to choose from in other manufacturers
Old 03-30-2024, 08:19 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

My 113" T-38C Talon is available on a built per order basis, but no one wants to buy USA made stuff at a USA made price unfortunately.
Old 03-30-2024, 09:43 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 736 Likes on 532 Posts

All manufacturers would bring out smaller composite jets if you will pay the ‘large’ bonus. Labour cost is the same on larger airframes, maybe less as they are less fiddly to mould. Materials used are only a few percent more, so the profit to stay in business is with the larger models. Simple maths.
Nothing is going to change sadly, just champion people like CARF that loss lead the smaller sports jets to keep them on the market.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:12 PM
Mikey5547

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
All manufacturers would bring out smaller composite jets if you will pay the Ďlargeí bonus. Labour cost is the same on larger airframes, maybe less as they are less fiddly to mould. Materials used are only a few percent more, so the profit to stay in business is with the larger models. Simple maths.
Nothing is going to change sadly, just champion people like CARF that loss lead the smaller sports jets to keep them on the market.
Thanks goodness for manufacturers like CARF that do jets in all sizes and props and even gliders so thereís something for everyone
The following users liked this post:
LimitDwn (03-31-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 05:02 PM
Kaos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Freewing F-14 Tomcat 64 mm

The new Freewing F-14 Tomcat twin 64 mm is getting good reviews. Flies on one 6S 5000 mAh battery. Mine arrives Friday.

Last edited by Kaos; 04-01-2024 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2024, 07:53 PM
Piggy18

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Everyone will feel differently but for myself the 2.5m to 3m jets in length are the new Goldie Locks size; they are a good size to see in the sky, easy to work on, plenty of detail (if it’s a scale model), good wing loading, larger wheels and undercarriage for grass fields and you don’t need to own 5 or 6 jets to feel satisfied 2 is plenty

For 2024, I haven’t heard much outside of the below:

*The new T-One F-35 looks impressive, I’m looking forward to seeing some more flight videos, they have a J-20 in the works.

*The new Sky wing sports jet looks very innovative.

*The new Aero foam F-22 has just come out and is already a big hit from what I’ve heard.

*Baja have their very well priced 3.5m L-39 and Shark (the L-39 could be a game changer for the Size / money), also the new Baja 2.5m Hawk will be out soon.

*Still no word on the BVM F-4?

* AEROJET have some new smaller models but I haven’t seem much on them (not sure if some are made by Cobra jets etc).

*TopRc have a well-priced 1/5 Mirage 2000 coming out later this year.

*Carf F-4 will be out very soon.

Last edited by Piggy18; 04-01-2024 at 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-01-2024, 10:25 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

BVM F-4 probably waiting another year
AF F-22 I have one, so so quality, decals are terrible, haven't flown mine yet but hear it flies very well.
TopRC -M2000 is out, looks OK but whomever did the paint job just terrible.

https://gator-rc.com/mirage-2000-blue-camo-toprc-model

Click image for larger version

Name:	French_Mirage_2000s_during_a_Baltic_Air_Policing_deployment_in_2010-1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	2274005
Old 04-02-2024, 03:27 AM
Mikey5547

Originally Posted by Piggy18
Everyone will feel differently but for myself the 2.5m to 3m jets in length are the new Goldie Locks size; they are a good size to see in the sky, easy to work on, plenty of detail (if itís a scale model), good wing loading, larger wheels and undercarriage for grass fields and you donít need to own 5 or 6 jets to feel satisfied 2 is plenty

For 2024, I havenít heard much outside of the below:

*The new T-One F-35 looks impressive, Iím looking forward to seeing some more flight videos, they have a J-20 in the works.

*The new Sky wing sports jet looks very innovative.

*The new Aero foam F-22 has just come out and is already a big hit from what Iíve heard.

*Baja have their very well priced 3.5m L-39 and Shark (the L-39 could be a game changer for the Size / money), also the new Baja 2.5m Hawk will be out soon.

*Still no word on the BVM F-4?

* AEROJET have some new smaller models but I havenít seem much on them (not sure if some are made by Cobra jets etc).

*TopRc have a well-priced 1/5 Mirage 2000 coming out later this year.

*Carf F-4 will be out very soon.
I think most people would agree 2.5m to 3m is the perfect size. What manufacturers arenít understanding is only a certain number can afford and transport giant jets but a majority can afford and transport 2.5-3M including the people that can have the budget for giantÖ it caters for everyone but as they say money talks so they will keep producing giants.

BVM been working on the F4 for yearsÖ I saw pictures of it years ago and they said it was nearly ready so no idea whatís going on there
Old 04-02-2024, 04:07 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 128 Likes on 89 Posts

GJC/Aerojet has an F22 composite in the works. From what I hear to sizes are being considered. Bigger than the Aerofoam.
Old 04-02-2024, 06:04 AM
Mikey5547

Came out a few months ago but pilot rc matrix looks great quality and good flyer. 2.2m
Old 04-02-2024, 06:19 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 358 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey5547
Came out a few months ago but pilot rc matrix looks great quality and good flyer. 2.2m
Yea, there's one local and another that was at our event this month, that thing is sweet. I may need one.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:06 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by F900
BVM F-4 probably waiting another year
AF F-22 I have one, so so quality, decals are terrible, haven't flown mine yet but hear it flies very well.
TopRC -M2000 is out, looks OK but whomever did the paint job just terrible.

https://gator-rc.com/mirage-2000-blue-camo-toprc-model

Attachment 2274005
I think we're going to have to get used to poor paint quality. I'm doing some repairs on a friends BVM 1/5 F-16 and the paint isn't much better.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:18 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I have a Rebel Max and could transport it easily in my Subaru SUV. I just got a new 2-row SUV and I am sure it will fit there as well. You can transport big planes if they are designed to be taken apart for transport, and they are not really bad to assemble at the field. I don't want a trailer. I do also have the new BDXs and you can transport that in about anything I would think. Storage is not bad either, and I can get the BDXs up on the top but this pic I was just rolling it around to work on it and it was not on the top shelf, but you get the idea. Stuff came from container store.

The Bolt is similar if you ask me, the nose comes off. BVM just came out with PNP Kingcat and also the Desperado is new. Kingtech has the G5+ series that looks great and JetCat has a new 350. Your title just asked for new stuff and I know that is mostly big stuff but it's new!

Old 04-02-2024, 11:44 AM
Mikey5547

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON
I have a Rebel Max and could transport it easily in my Subaru SUV. I just got a new 2-row SUV and I am sure it will fit there as well. You can transport big planes if they are designed to be taken apart for transport, and they are not really bad to assemble at the field. I don't want a trailer. I do also have the new BDXs and you can transport that in about anything I would think. Storage is not bad either, and I can get the BDXs up on the top but this pic I was just rolling it around to work on it and it was not on the top shelf, but you get the idea. Stuff came from container store.

The Bolt is similar if you ask me, the nose comes off. BVM just came out with PNP Kingcat and also the Desperado is new. Kingtech has the G5+ series that looks great and JetCat has a new 350. Your title just asked for new stuff and I know that is mostly big stuff but it's new!

Everything is welcome I was just having a rant. I saw Anton post pics of the XXL F15 and even though I complain about the giants it looks amazing!
Old 04-04-2024, 11:18 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
All manufacturers would bring out smaller composite jets if you will pay the Ďlargeí bonus. Labour cost is the same on larger airframes, maybe less as they are less fiddly to mould. Materials used are only a few percent more, so the profit to stay in business is with the larger models. Simple maths.
So much this! I do quotes daily for custom composite parts. "Here is your price." Customer: " What if we make it a little smaller?" "Same Price."
Old 04-04-2024, 02:35 PM
Piggy18

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey5547
I think most people would agree 2.5m to 3m is the perfect size. What manufacturers aren’t understanding is only a certain number can afford and transport giant jets but a majority can afford and transport 2.5-3M including the people that can have the budget for giant… it caters for everyone but as they say money talks so they will keep producing giants.

BVM been working on the F4 for years… I saw pictures of it years ago and they said it was nearly ready so no idea what’s going on there
I know what your saying Mikey, the other issue is the small end is flooded with new cheaper jet kits coming out of China with new additions released every couple of months.
Hopefully a sustainable number of consumers continue to understand the quality difference and long-term parts support otherwise it could get to the point where the big brands could drop the small models they currently have let along make new ones ☹

Did BVM say what scale the F4 will be?

Last edited by Piggy18; 04-04-2024 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2024, 02:32 AM
Mikey5547

Originally Posted by Piggy18
I know what your saying Mikey, the other issue is the small end is flooded with new cheaper jet kits coming out of China with new additions released every couple of months.
Hopefully a sustainable number of consumers continue to understand the quality difference and long-term parts support otherwise it could get to the point where the big brands could drop the small models they currently have let along make new ones ☹

Did BVM say what scale the F4 will be?
This is true, itís basically where companies like Skymaster started but theyíve got to a level that they donít need to compete and produce cheap stuff but itís a shame if you want a Skymaster jet but canít buy a giant jet.

i think itís same size as large Skymaster F4 1/6th scale about 3 meters long. I dunno if thereís anyone in the BVM loop on here that can update us because itís been worked on for a couple years now
Old 04-05-2024, 08:05 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I think these new, big jets are great, they look better in the air, they fly better and they have better scale details, but I really hope companies continue to produce good options in the 120-180 class planes. The big stuff just gets too big and too expensive for me. If it takes 2 people to remove the plane from a stand it's not for me. I'm usually in the shop alone so being able to handle the plane is important to me. Everything is more expensive in these monsters. I can't see having $20,000 in a model airplane. The other thing I would worry about is what happens when the planes start getting weighed and the owners are required to produce the LTMA-1 or LTMA-2 paperwork.
Old 04-05-2024, 12:13 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmigpilot
I think these new, big jets are great, they look better in the air, they fly better and they have better scale details, but I really hope companies continue to produce good options in the 120-180 class planes. The big stuff just gets too big and too expensive for me. If it takes 2 people to remove the plane from a stand it's not for me. I'm usually in the shop alone so being able to handle the plane is important to me. Everything is more expensive in these monsters. I can't see having $20,000 in a model airplane. The other thing I would worry about is what happens when the planes start getting weighed and the owners are required to produce the LTMA-1 or LTMA-2 paperwork.
LMT1 is extremely easy to get done now and I am possibly doing my first LMT2 soon. I am working with the guy that wrote it and signs off all inspections that come to AMA to produce a video series showing the process. One to tell show people the correct way and two to show people its not that hard of a process. Hardest part we have found is calculating the MACs and min torque required due to the odd shaped full flying stabs now. Even that after seeing the AMA Rep do it is not all that hard plus he is building a database with all the information for each one he does. One this is a great source for people that follow but also is an instant check to see people are doing it correctly. The other problems is the lack of proper CG, center point and weight from the factors, they are going to HAVE TO step up and stop making customers the test pilots for their product. If they are going to sell these things as ARF then they need to be properly tested and give proper setup data.
LMT1/2/3 is on the AMAs radar due to recent events across our hobby so to pencil whip, not do it or allow the manufactures to not provide save aircraft is going to force their hand, so hopefully people will do the right thing.

Last edited by FenderBean; 04-05-2024 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2024, 12:41 PM
Halcyon66

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

https://carf-models.com/en/products/...ntom_1st-level

https://vimeo.com/user212526065

45 ~ 55kg probably more.

Regards,
Old 04-05-2024, 02:22 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I did it for the Rebel Max and it was very easy, I agree Keith we all need to do it when it is required.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.