Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help in identify braking drum

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help in identify braking drum

Old 04-06-2024, 10:04 AM
john491
My Feedback: (13)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help in identify braking drum

I would like to request help in identifying the pictured brake system. There appears to be a break in the belt around the braking drum. The ends of the rubber align as if they were once attached. They don't appear to effect the ability to brake in this condition however.
There are four plastic pistons that extend on application of pressure. Said pressure held in the on position for over an hour with no loss of pressure, so I will be able to use them as is. I think I purchased these from Dreamworks, but they may have come from Robart.
My question is who makes them so I can get another.
Thanks in advance,
John

Old 04-06-2024, 11:45 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Looks like intairco’s
Old 04-06-2024, 12:55 PM
john491
My Feedback: (13)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

They appear to be Intairco as indicated. But I can't find anyone who carries the rubber band. It is apparently an old design. Dreamworks has it pictured on one site I went through, but the picture was 4 years old. They don't appear to be listed on the site currently.
The part that needs replacing is 36mm od, 33mm id, 1.4mm thick, and 8mm wide.
John