Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Denver Jet Rally -2003

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Denver Jet Rally -2003

Old 02-03-2004, 08:44 PM
pilott28
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denver Jet Rally -2003

I am collecting information on 2003 event turbine crashes that ended with a fire for the JPO risk management initiative. It was reported that there was one crash at the Denver Jet Rally that resulted in a fire, and that it was extinguished by the pilot. Could someone who was there and has more information please contact me through a PM? Thanks, Keith.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Denver Jet Rally -2003

Keith,

I think you ought to also present them with as much positive information as possible. Consider all of the jet events held nationwide which either did not have any turbine jet crashes or had turbine related crashes but did not result in a fire.

So, for a start at giving you that type of information, let me say that there were no turbine jet crashes at Ozark Mountain Jets either in 2003 or in 2002. In fact, we only had one crash each year and it was by the same pilot flying the same ducted fan jet both years (nothing unsafe, just engine problems).
Old 02-04-2004, 05:43 PM
diceman
My Feedback: (10)

This information is being compiled from the Jet Event CD's and should remain OFF LINE!!!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 06:24 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry John but I disagree, if we try to cover up the fact that occasionally when a jet model smacks the ground that there is a chance of a fire we can't make every attempt to educate people that there is a very easy way to prevent the majority of the fires from occuring and that is to shut down the engine prior to impact.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Mr-Nat

Keith,
There was a crash during DJR 2003,but no fire. Don Bybee was cd and can also confirm this .
Sent you a PM.

Nat