Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Who is Coming to Ozark Mountain Jets?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Who is Coming to Ozark Mountain Jets?

Old 08-29-2002, 01:29 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Who is Coming to Ozark Mountain Jets?

I have received many phone calls and emails from individuals from a 7 state area who have said they intend to fly at Ozark Mountain Jets. We are only 8 days away now so it would be nice to hear from others planning to attend as well to aid some of our advance planning. It looks like there will be a very good turnout of pilots. So, sound off and let us know if you are coming.

There will be several CDs present who can witness your AMA required checkout flights that are now required for a turbine waiver.

We also have an AMT rep participating who can conduct ground school for anyone needing the manufacturer's sign-off.

More contact information and jet rally information is available at the following website:

http://www.rivercityflyers.rcclubs.com/jet_rally.htm
Old 08-29-2002, 01:42 AM
RC50
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know I am planning on being their.
Ron Colbert
Old 08-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Steve Collins

Yep, we know you are coming. Did you get that small Boo Boo fixed on your Bandit?

Fox Channel 2 News St. Louis is going to do a live broadcast on Ozark Mountain Jets this coming Monday (Labor Day) at 7:45 am. Anyone that wants to show up can get their jets and their faces on live network television!
Old 08-29-2002, 01:38 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

The ghost-rider will be there.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:30 PM
Steve Collins

OK Ghostrider! Keep that Spiderjet F-16 healthy. I am looking forward to seeing you get lots of flights on it.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:13 AM
Big Jet

Hi I'm Keith Yates from Bardstown Ky I plan to come with my new cjm Talon hope to get plenty of flights.
Old 09-01-2002, 03:02 AM
Steve Collins

Keith,

There will be lots and lots of flying time for everyone. It will be interesting to see who gets the most flights. Will it be you?
Old 09-01-2002, 02:17 PM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Jet Fly

Steve,
I have to come to St. Louis in the next few weeks to pick up a horse, (don't get me started)! It looks like I will try and make it over for Friday afternoon and Saturday all day to fly my DF Aggressor 2 that Lou Patton labeled "Grandma". I am in need of 2 Gals of Wildcat Fuel 10% Jet fuel. My LHS was supost to get some for me but I'm not sure he has it yet. Is there any sorce of fuel in the STL area? Anything planned for the evenings?
Sparky
Old 09-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Steve Collins

Default OMJ

Elmshoot,

There is one of our sponsors in South St. Louis County, Schaefer's Hobby, which carries Wildcat but I am unsure whether they carry the Wildcat fan fuel. Several of us still flying fans have been using Magnum 10% Fan fuel for several years with good results. I have a plentiful supply of the Magnum and you can have as much of it as you can use if you can't get hold of the Wildcat.

We are planning a pilot's pizza party for Friday evening after 5 at the airport.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:15 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Originally posted by aptar
Keith,

There will be lots and lots of flying time for everyone. It will be interesting to see who gets the most flights. Will it be you?
Hmmmmm. Do not forget that I will have the old reliable Roo with me and 10 gallons of Jet A. I think the award is coming back to Indiana.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:24 AM
Steve Collins

Don't forget, you can purchase as much clean Jet A as you can carry while you are at the airport so there will be no excuse for running out!
Old 09-03-2002, 01:42 PM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Airport

Steve,
Will the airport be open during our Jet fly or is this a single runway and we have to work around the full scale trafic? I have a friend who has a Stagerwing Beach that I sent a copy of the flyer to that may be interested in flying into see the jets.
Sparky
Old 09-03-2002, 01:47 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Default OMJ

I'll be arriving Thursday about noon. Will the airport be open for setting up tents and flying on Thurday afternoon?

Tom

Ooops! Didn't see your other post about OMJ. Answered my questions about Thursday. Thanks. See you guys in a couple of days.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:09 PM
Steve Collins

Elmshoot,

The airport is open all day Thursday but we are allowed to fly R/C that day so long as we can do it without interfering with full scale flight operations. This shouldn't be a problem as there is very little traffic at this airport. The airport will be closed from 9am until 5pm on Friday and Saturday and 9am till 3pm on Sunday. Full size arrivals and departures have to be either before the jet flying starts in the morning or after it is over in the late afternoon. Well, we would sure like to see your friends Beech Staggerwing so we hope he can fly in sometime during the open hours.